Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Pau is a great facilitator.
    he's a good passer, especially for a big. But he's not a facilitator. Not saying that he can't be, but that is not his role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Which if you've listened to Kobe over the years, he makes it abundantly clear that he is all about sacrifices. To his development, his numbers, accolades etc... He wants us to know this, why would he all of sudden prioritize his own play above the teams, when it gos against his entire philosophy?
    you lost me right here.

people who spend all their time defending their selflessness are doing it for a reason - because it's obvious to the rest of the world that they are not.

for instance, Tim Duncan never has to convince people he's not selfish because no one would ever accuse him of being so.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-07-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash

This year is mostly not Kobes fault

Now I will be the first one to say I am not Kobe fan by any stretch of the imaginiation. I have been the first one to call him a ball hog. I point out the series aganist the suns when they were up 3-1 as soon as kobe stopped passing the ball in that series they started loosing. I think even one game he scored 50 and they lost the game.

However, if you look at the lakers you have to take in alot more factors before you blame Kobe for the Lakers woes this season. One big problem is the Lakers showed their lack of depth when nash went down. When you have chris duhon and rookie trying to play starter minutes and run your offense its not going to go over so well. Also Gasol being injured a good portion of the season hurt them as well because Idk what happened but Antwan Jaminson has not shown me anything this season. So injuries and lack of depth really showed lakers weakness.

Another person you have to blame is D Antoni the Lakers problem is not offense by any stretch. its their defense that struggles and we all know how good D Antoni coaches defense its pretty much nonexistent. He should be also blamed for the offense he tries to run . The lakers are one of the oldest teams in the league they have 2 post players in their starting lineup and D Antoni has them running up and down the court. Gasol has taken almost as much 3pts in 33 games then he has in the past 4 years. Obviously hes not a 3pt shooter and yet Dantoni continues to put him in an offense where he has to take 3pts. He is the completely wrong fit for this team and instead of making changes he continues to try and run the same offense and defense hoping to get different results. Ron Artest is also another victim to Dantonis system. He has shot already attempted 193 threes in the whole 09-10 season he shot 296 and every other season after that has been lower. and he is not exactly a 3pt shooter.

You can blame kobe some games for not facilitaing enough there are games I see dwight with 7 shots and that just cant happen. However The lakers problems are much deeper then Kobes shots per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you lost me right here.

people who spend all their time defending their selflessness are doing it for a reason - because it's obvious to the rest of the world that they are not.

for instance, Tim Duncan never has to convince people he's not selfish because no one would ever accuse him of being so.
    Haha thank you!

Kobe saying he has ever been unselfish or has ever sacrificed from a personal standpoint is laughable!
    He is always trying to make his legacy look better and grab more credit whenever possible especially for those early Shaq rings.
    Last edited by Andrew32; 01-07-2013 at 09:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you lost me right here.

Problem is that people like you (and the fake knicks fan) label it as "selfishness" - hence the inherent negative undertone.

Kobe sees it differently - doing what hes gotta do.

And since hes won 5 championships (and hundreds of millons of dollars to go along) with it, he doesnt feel the need to even listen to what you, even me, have to say.

vCash
    Don't say anything about Kobe's selflessness he won 5 titles by himself so that allows him to do and say whatever he wants

All of a sudden all 8 of these teams are supposed to be better than the Heat according to this guy. LeBron is a void but him leaving does not make the Heat fall out of the playoff race in the east smh

Quote Originally Posted by DR_1 View Post
    Bulls, Cavs, Raptors, Wizards, Hornets, Hawks. Maybe Pacers and Nets too.

vCash
    Kobe cares about his numbers waaay too much to be the team's leader. He could learn a thing or two from someone like Derek Rose who finds the accolades and statistics irrelevant and cares about nothing but the team's success and getting championships. Kobe don't care about the Lakers. If he did he would be passing the ball more and letting more people create with the ball. And don't whine to me about his 4 or 5 assists per game, because you can still be a ball hog and easily rack up the assists if you're a star like Kobe and you're constantly getting double teamed. Kobe is the biggest hog in the league, and that doesn't help a team with bad chemistry to begin with.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardaway Here View Post
    Don't say anything about Kobe's selflessness he won 5 titles by himself so that allows him to do and say whatever he wants
    WHAT!? Are you kidding? Kobe has never in his career won a championship without more stars at his side.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    WHAT!? Are you kidding? Kobe has never in his career won a championship without more stars at his side.
    Thought the sarcasm was obvious

All of a sudden all 8 of these teams are supposed to be better than the Heat according to this guy. LeBron is a void but him leaving does not make the Heat fall out of the playoff race in the east smh

Quote Originally Posted by DR_1 View Post
    Bulls, Cavs, Raptors, Wizards, Hornets, Hawks. Maybe Pacers and Nets too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardaway Here View Post
    Thought the sarcasm was obvious
    My bad.
    Sarcasm is hard to detect through the internet.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Problem is that people like you (and the fake knicks fan) label it as "selfishness" - hence the inherent negative undertone.

Kobe sees it differently - doing what hes gotta do.

And since hes won 5 championships (and hundreds of millons of dollars to go along) with it, he doesnt feel the need to even listen to what you, even me, have to say.
    he does a lot of explaining for a guy with nothing to explain. as i said before, unselfish players don't have to try and convince everyone they are unselfish because people can see it in their actions.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Anybody here consider that maybe not all criticism of Kobe has to do with his personal statistics. Perhaps it's his communication with the team. We all know that he ran Shaq out of town, and now there are reports that he started a fight with Howard. I'm sure they are exaggerated, but realistically they probably did at least have a confrontation. Plus, we all know there was several players in the past that complained about Kobe and his attitude.
    Last edited by kenzo400; 01-07-2013 at 10:23 PM.

vCash
    Great post Chronz. I know all to well about the Kobe hating fan club on here and I never take what they have to say too seriously. Fact is, this roster has too much talent to be performing this badly. The real problem here is Jim Buss and his ego. Jim is very threatened and insecure about the legacy Phil Jackson left behind and the fact that Phil is more responsible for the last five banners hanging in Staples Center than he is. It's very obvious that Jim has a complex concerning his importance in the organization and is constantly trying to overcompensate and in doing so messing things up tremendously. Not hiring Phil Jackson was the biggest mistake of Jim's short lived reign and one that will cost him dearly with the fans. Hiring Phil Jackson was a no-brainer and even Jim couldn't get that right.

vCash
    Kobe is a damn freak this season. I literally cannot believe he's 34 and playing at this level. Having said that, there's no way he's actually dishing out 5 asts a game. Those are a complete figment of the scorekeepers' imagination.

The lakers' players clearly don't like each other, and Dwight will bolt at season's end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Kobe is a damn freak this season. I literally cannot believe he's 34 and playing at this level. Having said that, there's no way he's actually dishing out 5 asts a game. Those are a complete figment of the scorekeepers' imagination.

The lakers' players clearly don't like each other, and Dwight will bolt at season's end.
    Or your not watching the game

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234