Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Parking at MSG

vCash

Parking at MSG

Hey guys,

Sorry to make a thread for this - need some good info for a place to park close to MSG. Almost never drive in, usually take LIRR. Looking for the low down on cheapish parking that doesn't take 3 hours to leave after the game. Willing to walk a little further if it doesn't take a **** load of time to make your way out the garage.

Mods - feel free to close once some good peeps give me an answer.

Thanks fellas.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-07-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    yo D, parking is actually kind of easy around MSG. there is a ton of street parking but you can't park until after 7pm. People start getting to spots around 645 and just wait til 7 to leave their car in the spot. If you cant find a spot for some reason, there is a lot on 29th between 7th and 8th on the right side. i think its like $20-$25 to park there. but you should be able to find parking on 7th ave between 36-39th street or below 32nd street

vCash
    enjoy the game bro

vCash
    The garage on 33rd St. across from the Empire State Building and down the block from Foley's and those other pubs is great. I always park there. 2 blocks from the Garden.

vCash
    Good **** guys, will make note of all this. Really just wanted to hear a spot that you guys have used with convenience. Last time I parked it legit took over an hour to leave the garage.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Good **** guys, will make note of all this. Really just wanted to hear a spot that you guys have used with convenience. Last time I parked it legit took over an hour to leave the garage.
    dude its simple, when you park at the garage i told you about, tell the guy that you do not want to be waiting forever after the game. tell him you'll give him an extra tip to keep your car in front. You gotta be firm with them tho. Look him in the eye and be dead serious with him. Let him know you have a long commute home or whatever and he more than likely will have you out of the garage in under 10 min. Its a small garage so you wont be waiting long anyway

vCash
    Thanks dude. I'm an LI kid born and raised, go to NYC all the time but still need the low-down from those who live there!

vCash
    Feel free to merge with GT or close mods - job is done here!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBocker94 View Post
    The garage on 33rd St. across from the Empire State Building and down the block from Foley's and those other pubs is great. I always park there. 2 blocks from the Garden.
    yep this is where I pare

Only had a problem once with a party breaking up same time I was leaving and they were all drunk and I mean sloppy and I thought I'd never get out of there.

You Know I lost my ticket, I don't have the regi on me

But if you want dirt cheap, I know people that wil simply park right near the tunnel and take a bus or cap, its actually cheaper its such a short direct ride down 34th st.

If you drive a SUV be prepared to pay a min of $10.00 more, just how they do things.

Have fun tonight.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    I hate driving into the city..

vCash
    Yeah I usually find spots around the area on the street. Be there a half and hour before the game starts if you want that parking.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    There's a garage right on 31st between 8th and 9th, and if you drove to 9th and take a left to 32nd there's another garage thats probably cheaper to your right. I'd honestly just cruise 9th a bit and look for free parking. Manhattan is pretty dead over there, you can find parking.

vCash
    I love living in Brooklyn.

vCash
    Isn't there a garage directly across from the garden on 33rd?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    Isn't there a garage directly across from the garden on 33rd?
    He said cheap and no waits lol

Its a set price for Knick games and at times gets log jammed depending on the game.

but D lives a good ride away so he is already parked this thread is closed lol

Now I can't fly my airplane