Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Tickets

vCash

Tickets

So the wife and I are thinking about heading down the coast and possibly catching a few Sox games this year. Ideally I would like to get the Sept 20 series against the Jays, but that's neither here nor there for the moment. Where is the best spot to buy tix online. I tried stub hub and they have a very limited amt and also tried gotickets.com, but their seating description is very hard to read. At ideas? Thanks.

vCash
    Boston Craigslist closer to the date. Stubhub closer to the date it better too. Stubhub drops the price significantly.

vCash
    Cool. Thanks.

vCash
    Also keep checking redsox.com, they periodically release more tickets.
    -

vCash
    This is the problem, the sox and sports teams in general continue to sell out their fans for money from these legal ticket scalpers and it pisses me off to no end!

Instead of being able to purchase tickets at face value on the Red Sox website, you have to pay an extra $100 to buy one from these shitbag scalpers. Thanks again [insert favorite sports team here]!
    Perfection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHip View Post
    This is the problem, the sox and sports teams in general continue to sell out their fans for money from these legal ticket scalpers and it pisses me off to no end!

Instead of being able to purchase tickets at face value on the Red Sox website, you have to pay an extra $100 to buy one from these shitbag scalpers. Thanks again [insert favorite sports team here]!
    I have been selling red sox tickets for about 5 years now. Last year was the worst resale market I've ever seen.

To the OP, if you want tickets for september 20th, you have 2 options:
    1) Wait until the Red Sox have their single game sales. That's usually in late January or early February.
    2) Wait until the week of the game, and buy off Stubhub.com

I personally would recommend waiting until September and buy off Stubhub. You'll get awesome seats for $40. (I'm talking infield seats)

Do NOT pay more than face value. Red Sox tickets are no longer in the demand like they were 4 years ago. They still have the sell out streak, but that is because they sell the bulk of the leftover tickets to sponsors and brokers at a reduced rate, that way they can keep the streak alive.
    If anyone saw Fenway in late August or early September of last year, they will agree none of those games were "sold out."

vCash
    Yeah Stubhub is solid. Craigslist is sketchy, but that's up to you, *** Blood.

vCash
    Thx for the help. I really want to do it in April, for monetary reasons, but I would ideally like to see the jays play there and then catch the giants/yanks the next day in new york. Thanks for the help.

vCash
    Redsox tickets go on sale this Saturday morning at redsox.com