Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Brady was back in 12 months but he hurt it week 1, so he had a full year...also played in preseason so was playing in 11...8-12 month injury and I still ray: that somehow this is not the case

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    I think if his recovery time ends up being similar to AP's, we should not start him until around week 5 just to be safe.

(Hypothetically if it's similar to AP. Could be better or worse. I'm just saying.)
    This sounds about right but I wont be surprised if he is the opening day starter (id hope not)...Id rather see him get a full 9 months...***Once again, assuming its a ACL**
    Last edited by Skins&Phils; 01-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    RgIII is a class act and 1 he@@ of a football player..I hope nothing but the best for him...I am a huge Giant fan, but as a football fan..having RGIII in this league is huge. he is a joy to watch..and can be a franchise player for a long long time.

I really think the Coaching staff.. screwed up bad on this..it was so obvious when he got hurt just before he threw the 2nd TD..that he should have never stayed on the field..They never even started warming up your Backup? Heart (that RGIII absolutely has a ton of) is one thing.. but the coaching staff put this kids career on the line(and less importantly at this point probably cost you guys a victory).

I wish nothing but the best in these results for him and your fan base.. If he tore his ACL again...this is absolutely career threatening for a person that relies on his legs as much as RGIII does(I do feel he can still be sucessful as a pocket passer but not to the same extent).

My son is a Div 1 Baseball player(no where the same level as RGIII obviously but high level athlete) , He had ACL surgery almost a year ago... was cleared 9 months later, but told to be very careful..he still is not the same as prior. My point is that he was told if he tore it again.. it would be extremely difficult to ever get back to a competitive level again. there have been a few high level players to make it back to a high level from 2 ACL tears on the same knee..but very few.

Lets just hope that he has something far less serious than that... time during the off season is enough to heal it, and we all get to watch this great talent develop into something even more special than he already isray:
    Last edited by bofakop; 01-07-2013 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for all of the kind words from the fans of other teams, we are all collectively as Redskins fans pretty upset about this today. I feel like a worried parent.

Crossing my fingers that he just reaggrivated that LCL.

vCash
    Todays MRI revealed a partial tear of ACL/LCL. But they're not sure wether it's old injuries showing up or new injuries. RGIII and Snyder are in FLA. letting Andrews do a new MRI. So surgery is not a certainty yet.

vCash
    I have been saying it all year! Get rid of the gimmicky offense and develop him into a pro style qb. That **** is good every once in a while but using it as your primary offense is going to eventually get someone killed. Gimmicky offenses are only good for short peeiods hence the wildcat. He will not have a productive career running the way he has. How much do you guys wanna bet that we will have new turf next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by r.i.p.taylor21 View Post
    I have been saying it all year! Get rid of the gimmicky offense and develop him into a pro style qb. That **** is good every once in a while but using it as your primary offense is going to eventually get someone killed. Gimmicky offenses are only good for short peeiods hence the wildcat. He will not have a productive career running the way he has. How much do you guys wanna bet that we will have new turf next year?
    New turf, new medical staff (too many preventable injuries not just RGIII's). That field was horrible.

vCash
    man he wanted to stay on the field... half of this is his fault...mike shanahan supported his QB, and rightfully so... i do agree that at some point, you have to take the decision out of his hand...

and again, we dodged a bullet...he can still recover fully because its "reportedly" only a partial tear... which does not need reconstructive surgery

we have to realize, no matter what, we will be criticized.. remember the jay cutler injury??why didnt he play hurt at a crucial part of the game...blah blah blah..

vCash
    The Washington Post reports that Robert Griffin III's MRI revealed a partially torn ACL and LCL in his right knee.

Griffin is traveling down to Florida to be examined by Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday to determine if the injuries are old or new. It's not clear whether surgery will be required or how long the quarterback will be sidelined if the injuries are determined to be new ones, but exploratory surgery to determine the severity is also said to be an option. RGIII is hoping to avoid reconstructive right knee surgery for the second time in his football career, but that remains to be seen. Griffin underwent the MRI after his knee bent awkwardly and buckled underneath him in the fourth quarter of Sunday's playoff loss to the Seahawks.

at least its not a full tear

vCash
    I would think that a partial tear is worse than a full tear, kind of like sprains can be worse than a broken bone, but I'm no doctor.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    eh, that doesn't sound right to me. U mean you' d prefer he need a full knee reconstruction? I'd rather my ankle be sprained than totally broken. You can re-strengthen a sprain.

vCash
    I just thought I remember reading when they fully tear, it's easier to repair and they last longer. Then again though I'm not doctor so I could just be crazy talk right now.

I drink a lot.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    I guess I could see that, but, he'll be able to rehab much sooner on a partial tear.

vCash
    Andrews could have said he was a no go after the first time but as you saw he just peaked his head in the room and walked away

vCash
    I am a long time NY Giant fan and have rooted against the Redskins for as long as I can remember, but I never ever felt good when an opposing player was injured, unlike the Eagle fans who were giddy when Chuck Bednarak laid out Frank Gifford.

Here's hoping that RG3 comes back sooner than later and be ready to start the 2013 season. While he can be nightmare for my Giants to play against him, he is a joy to watch and see what defenses my team can up with to stop or slow him down.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast