Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    I guess the saying if you can't say nothing positive, don't say nothing at all is out the door with you. This is a young man trying to make an honest living doing something that he likes to do. We watch him cheer for him, but first and for most for anyone of these guys that step on the field we should hope and pray they suffer no injuries. Injuries will happen, understood, but we hope that it is nothing that will prevent them from supporting themselves and their family. I have been coaching football almost 26 years now and i have seen what these young kids go through to try and get ready for games week after week with nagging injuries. Medical science is amazing. They have come a long way in the past 20 years, but with the state of the economy and the risk of having an injured umemployable ex-pro athlete to contribute to our tax system. I think we need to pray for every athlete that they stay healthy and gainfully employed. So hows about stop being so D@m negative towards productive members of society. Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    I did that for the superstition factor. Thought I made that known after the Seattle game?
    Even before that.

vCash
    I don't even know. I'd have to go back through all the threads.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    My point is being pessimistic to protect yourself from disappointment. Me, I have all the faith in the world in RGIII. I think his rookie year injuries was basically some fluke stuff. He's going to kill this league.

vCash
    I'm not being pessimistic, just the way I feel. I wasn't being pessimistic when I brought up concerns before drafting him. It's like I've told you many times, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be wrong 100% of the time than to be right 1% of the time.

Just a lot of risk factors.

Nice for Snyder to pay for everything though, then again, nobody will really talk about that because Snyder is the Devil!!!!!

vCash
    I said he'd tear his ACL before drafting him, didn't need evidence then, don't need it down. Just wait and see as I always say, don't want it to happen, but it will.
    Yeah, that's called pessimism. Per Merriam-Webster's dictionary: "an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome".

The thing is, you can actually turn out to be right, but your views still make you a pessimist because you expect the worst possible outcome out of a situation that is inherently unknowable. You have no evidence to inform your opinion, so it's not a matter of analysis or taking any facts into consideration. Therefore, even if you are eventually proven right, guess what? You're still a pessimist. Being right doesn't change that unless your views are based on a supported argument. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

P.S. That kind of negative thinking adversely affects your health, so you might want to consider taking up meditation or yoga, or something.
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 02-06-2013 at 05:55 PM.

vCash
    Lets say hypothetically the worst case scenario happens and Griffin misses the entire 2013 season. If we end the season with a winning record and/or make the playoffs with Cousins behind center, what are the chances of us going back to the same offense we ran this past year when Griffin takes back over in 2014? I would hope we don't. With Morris and Helu, Griffin doesn't need to use his legs in designed plays or scramble as often as he does, we've all seen what he can do with his arm. Basically my point is, I hope we can become a successful traditional offense with RG3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    Yeah, that's called pessimism. Per Merriam-Webster's dictionary: "an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome".

The thing is, you can actually turn out to be right, but your views still make you a pessimist because you expect the worst possible outcome out of a situation that is inherently unknowable. You have no evidence to inform your opinion, so it's not a matter of analysis or taking any facts into consideration. Therefore, even if you are eventually proven right, guess what? You're still a pessimist. Being right doesn't change that unless your views are based on a supported argument. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

P.S. That kind of negative thinking adversely affects your health, so you might want to consider taking up meditation or yoga, or something.
    I'd call it history repeats itself, but to each their own.

vCash
    I always want the zone read to be a part of his game. It's just too effective aaaaaand, he never got hurt running the zone read, or designed runs, as has been noted before.

vCash
    I'd call it history repeats itself, but to each their own.
    And once again, you'd be demonstrating your pessimism because you were assuming some bad history to repeat itself. It's not like good history can't repeat itself, like, oh, I don't know, RG3 winning the top honor for an NFL rookie - Rookie of the Year - the same as he won the top honor for a college football player - the Heismany trophy. See how that works? You have a choice and you always choose the most pessimistic one - which is your prerogative - but just accept the fact that you're a pessimist and prone to negative thinking.

vCash
    RG3 tweeted this earlier

"Although my goal is to start Week 1, that doesn’t mean I will compromise my career to do so"

good to know that he has his future in mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    RG3 tweeted this earlier

"Although my goal is to start Week 1, that doesn’t mean I will compromise my career to do so"

good to know that he has his future in mind.
    Yeah, knowing how hard he pushes himself (and seeing the sometimes negative results of that in the Seattle game), it's good to see he's got the right mindset about the whole thing. One thing about RG3 is that he truly seems committed to learning from his mistakes and not repeating them.

vCash

vCash
    Haha, Adidas already starting the torn ACL ad campaign. Let's hope they don't try to take control over everything like they've done with Rose.

vCash
    Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is "way ahead of schedule" in his recovery from surgery to repair a torn ACL and LCL, Dr. James Andrews told the NFL Network on Friday.

"We have him well on his way," Andrews told the NFL Network. "His recovery is way ahead of schedule so far. We don't have to do much but try to hold him back, if you want to know the truth. Our whole mode for him though is to do what is best for his career, not necessarily what is best for the first game next season. So all of that has to be put on hold and let him get well."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-james-andrews

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast