Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the 49ers Plan to Play Justin this week?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...All In

16 80.00%
  • No...Risk to re-tear, I'll take my chances with the NFC and use him if we make the SB

2 10.00%
  • No...Sit him this week, base next decisions on who we play (explain)

2 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justin Smith

vCash
    I know I'm in the minority. I guess for me it feels like a... when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to go all in with reckless abandon kind of deal. I just don't want to play my ace and lose it too soon.
    Last edited by GoBruins17; 01-07-2013 at 11:34 PM.

vCash
    It's the Playoffs, you need your best guys out there.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    All he needs to do is get 3 more games in...

I hope the offense can run up the score so that they can rest him afterwards

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Agreed.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Ricky Jean-Francois isn't as bad as many are making him out to be. He's played pretty well with Justin out, especially in the New England and Arizona games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Ricky Jean-Francois isn't as bad as many are making him out to be. He's played pretty well with Justin out, especially in the New England and Arizona games.
    He played hard against the pass. He sucked against the run. Couldn't hold his ground, and teams were attacking his side and getting solid yards against it. That was very hard to watch. He was being moved out of the way. He would have been better to just fall down in the hole and cause a pile up
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    He played hard against the pass. He sucked against the run. Couldn't hold his ground, and teams were attacking his side and getting solid yards against it. That was very hard to watch. He was being moved out of the way. He would have been better to just fall down in the hole and cause a pile up
    It kind of surprised me. I thought he did fairly well when he replaced Sopoaga at NT, but he seemed to just get pushed around from the DE spot. I expected Aldon's numbers to dip, but I didn't think the run D would get pushed around like that. Then again...Seattle's run game has pushed a decent number of teams around this year so...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    It kind of surprised me. I thought he did fairly well when he replaced Sopoaga at NT, but he seemed to just get pushed around from the DE spot. I expected Aldon's numbers to dip, but I didn't think the run D would get pushed around like that. Then again...Seattle's run game has pushed a decent number of teams around this year so...
    Arizona whooped his *** too. I think its because its the LT and not the C. Center's aren't really known for being a stellar blocker. They make the adjustments and help the guards. I think that's why RJF held his own in the middle for the most part. But when he's going against a TE and LT, he gets abused
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    At risk of serious/severe injury? Permanent damage? Of course the player is going to want to play. It's up to the medical staff/coaches to make the right assessment and decision.

We saw what happened with RG3 and Shanahan. Sometimes, there are things bigger than football. I say sit Smith this week and then assess the situation next week if SF advances. It's a very difficult decision, but we have to think about the person, not the player. It's too easy for fans to get caught up with their fanhood and say play him without really caring what happens to him long term or the potential damage he could do to his body. Yes, it's the playoffs and u need the best guys out there.... but RG3 was the best guy and look what happened. Potential serious knee injury, who knows what the MRI's will say. Smith is in his 30's, career will be over in a few years... don't want to do anything that could jeopardize him long term, or hell, even hamper him into next season and beyond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    And yes, I agree completely with this. I have no idea why so many people were bashing RJF so hard after the seattle game. Finally someone else said it. He's really not as bad as people are saying he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    And yes, I agree completely with this. I have no idea why so many people were bashing RJF so hard after the seattle game. Finally someone else said it. He's really not as bad as people are saying he is.
    He is terrible against the run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    He is terrible against the run
    He just looks terrible because he's filling in Justin Smith's shoes. RJF sure isnt fantastic or anything, but he's serviceable. He's definitely not terrible. And that terrible performance he had came in Seattle, where the entire team was terrible. It would be interesting to see how RJF would do at his natural NT position that he played at LSU. RJF was a projected first round pick at one point when he was at LSU. Maybe an improvement...maybe he's worse. I would like to see him at NT at some point next year to see how he does, especially if SF doesn't bring back Sopoaga.

vCash
    He just looks terrible because he's filling in Justin Smith's shoes. RJF sure isnt fantastic or anything, but he's serviceable. He's definitely not terrible. And that terrible performance he had came in Seattle, where the entire team was terrible. It would be interesting to see how RJF would do at his natural NT position that he played at LSU. RJF was a projected first round pick at one point when he was at LSU. Maybe an improvement...maybe he's worse. I would like to see him at NT at some point next year to see how he does, especially if SF doesn't bring back Sopoaga.
    That's the direction I would go in, period. No disrespect and many thanks to the very nice years Ike's given us...But he'll be in year 10 next year and appears to be losing a step. Give RJF a chance, and draft a mentee for Justin to be a potential heir apparent

vCash
    Usually he does play NT. He spells Soapoaga. I'm pretty sure he played DT at LSU though.

vCash
    At risk of serious/severe injury? Permanent damage? Of course the player is going to want to play. It's up to the medical staff/coaches to make the right assessment and decision.

We saw what happened with RG3 and Shanahan. Sometimes, there are things bigger than football. I say sit Smith this week and then assess the situation next week if SF advances. It's a very difficult decision, but we have to think about the person, not the player. It's too easy for fans to get caught up with their fanhood and say play him without really caring what happens to him long term or the potential damage he could do to his body. Yes, it's the playoffs and u need the best guys out there.... but RG3 was the best guy and look what happened. Potential serious knee injury, who knows what the MRI's will say. Smith is in his 30's, career will be over in a few years... don't want to do anything that could jeopardize him long term, or hell, even hamper him into next season and beyond.
    Nothing in the playoffs is guaranteed. This team needs Justin Smith, just like the Redskins needed RG3. They could have pulled him out of that game because he became completely ineffective. I'd like to see Smith out there on Saturday, if the situation progresses in a negative matter, you can always do what Shanahan should have done, and pull him out.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123