Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Again, really?

WE CANNOT AMNESTY PRONGER.

I don't understand why people don't get this.
    As long as he is on LTIR and unable to pass a NHL physical, not an NFL one, we cannot amnesty him. He is never going to even try to play again, and has no reason to take a 1/3 paycut by accepting an amnesty buyout if he somehow passed his physical. The Flyers are happy with him on LTIR, and can use their two exceptions on Bryz and someone else. Briere or Vorecek.

Guys do some homework before posting your idle thoughts.
    "Youare" I thought you would have jumped all over this. Are you getting soft?
    Uh, calm down. I was operating under the assumption that Pronger would come off the LTIR. That was just an assumption for the sake of responding to castan_b's point. I've been saying that Pronger will not come off LTIR (see post 14 of this thread). The post you quoted me on was more about saying that if Pronger somehow did come off LTIR and the Flyers could use an amnesty on him, I don't think there would be a reason to do so.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, there is no SOMEHOW here. It is very clear you can not buyout injured players. Whether or not Pronger is on LTIR or not, he is physically unable to play hockey ever again. The Flyers can not LEGALY in the CBA or in the court of US law, buy-out his contract.
    YOU ARE THE MAN!

What is it with people that they want to throw out s#$% that makes no sense at all and when you call them on it, they get defensive.

Everyone is at Voorhes with the exception of Simmonds and Pronger. Sim comes in on Sat.

I think even my nephew could understand this and he was born three weeks ago.

Why would the Flyers waste an amesty selection on Pronger when they dont have to, and he has all but stated that he is done. If he takes the amnesty he only gets 2/3 of his salary. He stays on LTIR and gets fully paid for which the Flyers have no issue with.

Last time - PRONGER IS DONE.
    Last edited by Kevin_PA; 01-11-2013 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    YOU ARE THE MAN!

What is it with people that they want to throw out s#$% that makes no sense at all and when you call them on it, they get defensive.

Everyone is at Voorhes with the exception of Simmonds and Pronger. Sim comes in on Sat.

I think even my nephew could understand this and he was born three weeks ago.

Why would the Flyers waste an amesty selection on Pronger when they dont have to, and he has all but stated that he is done. If he takes the amnesty he only gets 2/3 of his salary. He stays on LTIR and gets fully paid for which the Flyers have no issue with.

Last time - PRONGER IS DONE.
    Speaking of simmonds.

hes a beast
    And pronger is done, unfortunately.

lol bryz

vCash
    I don't know enough about the inner workings and minutia of the salary cap to know for certain, but if Homer wants to keep Danny Ballgame around he'll figure out a way.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345