Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    gun to my head ... i'd probably take bryz over luongo and i'm sure homer would too ...

    burke was fired for the tyler seguin, dougie hamilton debacle ... not because he wouldn't trade for an overrate over-the-hill goalie

    i root for my team so if luongo comes here i'll end up rooting for him ... but that move does nothing to improve our current team
    woah woah, what happened with them?

    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7mlN_MQ1c

    i've watched it like 5 times in a row and i still get fired up ...
    I guess that ad campaigned backfired haha, history will be made! oh wait, no, Michael Leighton will just let in the softest cup winning goal in hockey history and cut a historic series short to 6 games...
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-10-2013 at 07:38 AM.


  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    Pronger cant be amnestied because you can not buy-out anyone on LTIR. And Briere has a NMC, and will refuse to waive it. You cant trade him. He would rather stay for his kids, but if he gets bought out, then he gets 2/3s of his remaining contract, plus what he can get on the open market, to any team he wants.

    As for Richards, we already have a log jam at center, and it wouldn't be worth bidding for 28 other teams for him. Not sure why LA would buy him out anyway. Wouldnt they be more likely to buyout Carter?

    YOUARE - Thank you, yet again.

    What is it with people that they don't understand the amnesty buy out clause. We've explained it until we were blue in the face, and still people don't get it.

    Another good point is the Carter statement. 7-5 odds he gets bought out after this year, especially if they make it back to the Cup Finals.

    If Briere has another year like last year (sans playoffs), he's gone.
    His no trade clause hurts us on any chance of getting value for him via a trade.He and his kids are entrenched in the area, so he would likely void any trade.
    Last edited by Kevin_PA; 01-10-2013 at 09:04 AM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    woah woah, what happened with them?



    I guess that ad campaigned backfired haha, history will be made! oh wait, no, Michael Leighton will just let in the softest cup winning goal in hockey history and cut a historic series short to 6 games...
    Nowhere in that commercial does it say that the history would be good

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    woah woah, what happened with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post



    I guess that ad campaigned backfired haha, history will be made! oh wait, no, Michael Leighton will just let in the softest cup winning goal in hockey history and cut a historic series short to 6 games...

    the leafs traded 2 first round picks which became Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...out-the-winner

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cape May, NJ
    Posts
    9,872
    vCash
    1500
    How quickly we forget; Briere is cash money in the playoffs. And isn't that the point?
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

    ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    2,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    How quickly we forget; Briere is cash money in the playoffs. And isn't that the point?
    First you have to get to the playoffs. Would you be willing to give up either Schenn or Couturier because you cant afford to sign them to keep Briere around 1 more season?
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    First you have to get to the playoffs. Would you be willing to give up either Schenn or Couturier because you cant afford to sign them to keep Briere around 1 more season?
    Excellent post!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    First you have to get to the playoffs. Would you be willing to give up either Schenn or Couturier because you cant afford to sign them to keep Briere around 1 more season?
    i think we will be able to keep briere if we don't keep kimo and we somehow get to amnesty pronger ...

    i'm not sure about the new CBA language yet ... we might be able to keep couturier and schenn the younger under their rookie contracts a year longer ...

    can someone confirm or refute that the new CBA did anything to entry level contracts for rookies? i haven't looked yet.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ten Minutes from Cholly's hometown
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    i think we will be able to keep briere if we don't keep kimo and we somehow get to amnesty pronger ...

    i'm not sure about the new CBA language yet ... we might be able to keep couturier and schenn the younger under their rookie contracts a year longer ...

    can someone confirm or refute that the new CBA did anything to entry level contracts for rookies? i haven't looked yet.
    I don't think we'd have to amnesty Pronger. I'm assuming you're saying we would have to do so because his salary counts against the cap for the first day of the regular season, and that this is a problem because sending guys down to the AHL for a day to make room would leave them vulnerable to reentry waivers. But apparently, reentry waivers no longer exist under the new CBA

    Link

    I might very well be wrong about this, but doesn't that render the Pronger problem moot, as long as Snyder & Co. are willing to pay out the rest of his contract?

    Learning to love the bomb since 2009

    Phils, Eagles, Flyers

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    I don't think we'd have to amnesty Pronger. I'm assuming you're saying we would have to do so because his salary counts against the cap for the first day of the regular season, and that this is a problem because sending guys down to the AHL for a day to make room would leave them vulnerable to reentry waivers. But apparently, reentry waivers no longer exist under the new CBA

    Link

    I might very well be wrong about this, but doesn't that render the Pronger problem moot, as long as Snyder & Co. are willing to pay out the rest of his contract?
    Again, really?

    WE CANNOT AMNESTY PRONGER.

    I don't understand why people don't get this.
    As long as he is on LTIR and unable to pass a NHL physical, not an NFL one, we cannot amnesty him. He is never going to even try to play again, and has no reason to take a 1/3 paycut by accepting an amnesty buyout if he somehow passed his physical. The Flyers are happy with him on LTIR, and can use their two exceptions on Bryz and someone else. Briere or Vorecek.

    Guys do some homework before posting your idle thoughts.
    "Youare" I thought you would have jumped all over this. Are you getting soft?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    I don't think we'd have to amnesty Pronger. I'm assuming you're saying we would have to do so because his salary counts against the cap for the first day of the regular season, and that this is a problem because sending guys down to the AHL for a day to make room would leave them vulnerable to reentry waivers. But apparently, reentry waivers no longer exist under the new CBA

    Link

    I might very well be wrong about this, but doesn't that render the Pronger problem moot, as long as Snyder & Co. are willing to pay out the rest of his contract?
    OK just read some stuff on it and heres my impression. From what I understand, all salaries over 105,000 count towards the cap, even if youre in the AHL. So if you put Pronger in the AHL, his cap hit still affects the Flyers.

    Since all 2way players on this team have an AHL pay of like $67,000, they can all get buried in the AHL without an issue, they're salary wont count on the cap AND we dont have to worry about reentry waivers anymore.

    Which in a nutshell, means after next season (and Schenn and Couts have new deals), Prongers cap hit becomes a big issue


  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,883
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Again, really?

    WE CANNOT AMNESTY PRONGER.

    I don't understand why people don't get this.
    As long as he is on LTIR and unable to pass a NHL physical, not an NFL one, we cannot amnesty him. He is never going to even try to play again, and has no reason to take a 1/3 paycut by accepting an amnesty buyout if he somehow passed his physical. The Flyers are happy with him on LTIR, and can use their two exceptions on Bryz and someone else. Briere or Vorecek.

    Guys do some homework before posting your idle thoughts.
    "Youare" I thought you would have jumped all over this. Are you getting soft?
    THAT IS COMPLETE SPECULATION

    I dont think Pronger will ever or even should play again. But we have no idea if there will be a point where Pronger can pass a 1 hour physical. With post concussion syndrome, you have good weeks and bad weeks. To say definitively that Pronger will never be able to pass a physical is just foolish. He may get to the point where he can pass a standard physical. Lindros or Primeau could probably pass a physical even though they cant play contact hockey ever again. Maybe he just goes and gets a physical done during a good week? We just dont know if he can or cannot, neither of us are his doctor. We have to wait and see, thats it.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-11-2013 at 03:30 PM.


  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Again, really?

    WE CANNOT AMNESTY PRONGER.

    I don't understand why people don't get this.
    As long as he is on LTIR and unable to pass a NHL physical, not an NFL one, we cannot amnesty him. He is never going to even try to play again, and has no reason to take a 1/3 paycut by accepting an amnesty buyout if he somehow passed his physical. The Flyers are happy with him on LTIR, and can use their two exceptions on Bryz and someone else. Briere or Vorecek.

    Guys do some homework before posting your idle thoughts.
    "Youare" I thought you would have jumped all over this. Are you getting soft?


    easyyyyyy there horse ... that is why i used the qualifying word 'somehow' ... there are always ways around the CBA, just like prongers initial contract ...

    if we can 'somehow' amnesty him ... SOMEHOW ... i think we can end up keeping briere the entire length of his contract.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    2,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    THAT IS COMPLETE SPECULATION

    I dont think Pronger will ever or even should play again. But we have no idea if there will be a point where Pronger can pass a 1 hour physical. With post concussion syndrome, you have good weeks and bad weeks. To say definitively that Pronger will never be able to pass a physical is just foolish. He may get to the point where he can pass a standard physical. Lindros or Primeau could probably pass a physical even though they cant play contact hockey ever again. Maybe he just goes and gets a physical done during a good week? We just dont know if he can or cannot, neither of us are his doctor. We have to wait and see, thats it.
    Why would Pronger try to trick Doctors into passing him? He will lose 1/3 of his pay for the next 7 years. Thats like telling the government you want to pay more in taxes.... oh wait nevermind...

    Come on. Think about it. It is best for both parties if Pronger just stays on the LTIR, even if somehow he "passes" for 1 hour. Pronger gets to sit home and collect his full paycheck, and the Flyers keep 2 buyouts, and dont have to worry about Prongers cap hit except in the summer.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    2,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    easyyyyyy there horse ... that is why i used the qualifying word 'somehow' ... there are always ways around the CBA, just like prongers initial contract ...

    if we can 'somehow' amnesty him ... SOMEHOW ... i think we can end up keeping briere the entire length of his contract.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, there is no SOMEHOW here. It is very clear you can not buyout injured players. Whether or not Pronger is on LTIR or not, he is physically unable to play hockey ever again. The Flyers can not LEGALY in the CBA or in the court of US law, buy-out his contract.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •