Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    The argument everyones making is you have to pass a physical in order to come of LTIR,

But as we learned from RG3, passing a physical isnt too hard. I can see the headlines "Pronger feels better, attempts comeback, Pronger passes physical and practices with team" and then "Pronger has set-back, healthy scratched. not expected to return for 4-6 weeks" and then "Pronger not expected to return in time for shortened season"
    Yeah, I don't think it's going to be that hard to pass a physical. As you said, RG3 passed one with a torn ACL and MCL.

I also didn't know about passing a physical to get off of LiTR.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    That's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Never mind that they're two different sports, RGIII was an in-game decision. An exam of Pronger would have to also consider the year worth of tests and narrative evidence. The fact that Pronger can't even skate right now should tell you all you need to know. There is no way that a doctor in good conscience could say that Pronger could come off the LTIR.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    The other thing is that Pronger's salary doesn't count against the cap while he's on LTIR. While buying him out would save the organization some money, it's not like Ed Snyder's short on cash.

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    That's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Never mind that they're two different sports, RGIII was an in-game decision. An exam of Pronger would have to also consider the year worth of tests and narrative evidence. The fact that Pronger can't even skate right now should tell you all you need to know. There is no way that a doctor in good conscience could say that Pronger could come off the LTIR.
    No I am referring to RG3's evaluation after the initial Ravens injury. It was clearly a serious injury requiring more than a 1 week rest, and he was clearly playing hurt. A doctor in good conscience gace him clearance to play with a ridiculous brace and an obvious injury.

Post concussion symptoms are random and sporadic, nothing crazy about Pronger getting evaluated on "a good week" and then just getting scratched for 5 months.

The other thing is that Pronger's salary doesn't count against the cap while he's on LTIR. While buying him out would save the organization some money, it's not like Ed Snyder's short on cash.
    Either way, the Flyers have to pay his full contract value. There is no getting around that, but like you said Mr. Snyder and Comcast can take care of that no problem. Only issue is first day of season cap. The Flyers have to be under the cap WITH pronger on the roster on day 1. And unless you have $5 million worth of waiver exempt players, thats a big issue.

Thats enough reason to try an anmesty scam
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-09-2013 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Randall Stevens;25030569]No I am referring to RG3's evaluation after the initial Ravens injury. It was clearly a serious injury requiring more than a 1 week rest, and he was clearly playing hurt. A doctor in good conscience gace him clearance to play with a ridiculous brace and an obvious injury.

Post concussion symptoms are random and sporadic, nothing crazy about Pronger getting evaluated on "a good week" and then just getting scratched for 5 months. /QUOTE]

Fair enough, I misread that then. I still think there's a difference between being evaluated the week after a knee injury and being evaluated over a year after a head injury. Everyone knows what Pronger's gone through over that period, and I can't see a doctor blatantly ignoring that.

The whole being under the cap with Pronger's salary included on day one is also a good point, although I imagine there are enough guys with two-way contracts that they could stash on the Phantoms for a day if they had to.

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    ugh, double post. delete please.

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    The whole being under the cap with Pronger's salary included on day one is also a good point, although I imagine there are enough guys with two-way contracts that they could stash on the Phantoms for a day if they had to.
    Be careful with that one. Thanks to the EA NHL games, everyone thinks that 2way contracts means waiver exempt, but in reality it only means they get paid a different salary in the AHL/NHL. However its clear why they did that because the real system is incredibly complicated...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_sal...r_waivers_only

basically, once Couts and Schenn hit 160 games, they are stuck in the NHL. 80 for Matt Read (who has 90, hence he didnt go play for the Phantoms this Fall)
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.

vCash
    At this point, I'm referring more to Wellwood, MAB, Harry Z type guys

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    The argument everyones making is you have to pass a physical in order to come off LTIR,

But as we learned from RG3, passing a physical isnt too hard. I can see the headlines "Pronger feels better, attempts comeback, Pronger passes physical and practices with team" and then "Pronger has set-back, healthy scratched. not expected to return for 4-6 weeks" and then "Pronger not expected to return in time for shortened season"
    This. But Pronger wont pass any physical. He would have to pass not only the team's physical, but the leagues, and an independant 3rd party. Not to mention, Pronger has ZERO incentive for doing this. He could either get his full paycheck for the next 7 or so years, or he could get 2/3rds of his paycheck over the next 7 or so years.... I wonder what he would pick....
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Hey guys, I am a Leafs fan here just checking in on what you guys know on Bryzgalov and your team's inquiry on Roberto Luongo. If you guys get Luongo, will Bryzgalov get amnestied or bought out even though he should have some value? I just want a new goalie because my team failed with Gigure's tenure. I personally don't want to meet the Canucks' demands for Luongo and his awful contract. I would only want him if he is amnestied. My team's GM was just fired because he refused to get Luongo and made countless miscalculated mistakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Hey guys, I am a Leafs fan here just checking in on what you guys know on Bryzgalov and your team's inquiry on Roberto Luongo. If you guys get Luongo, will Bryzgalov get amnestied or bought out even though he should have some value? I just want a new goalie because my team failed with Gigure's tenure. I personally don't want to meet the Canucks' demands for Luongo and his awful contract. I would only want him if he is amnestied. My team's GM was just fired because he refused to get Luongo and made countless miscalculated mistakes.
    If we were in July 2013, and Bryzgalov had bombed in the 2013 season, then I would be confident enough to assure you Paul Holmgren would go out and get Loungo, and use the amnesty on Bryzgalov (at that point he would have negative trade value)

BUTTTT its January, and the season hasnt even started yet, so that rumor/report makes zero sense. Has to be a smoke screen or Holmgren is buddies with the Vancouver GM and is helping him put pressure on Toronto/Florida

vCash
    Briere is not going to be bought out, period. If anything, he'll be traded to a team trying to reach the cap floor, because while his cap hit is 6.5, the number on the check is much much smaller.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    This. But Pronger wont pass any physical. He would have to pass not only the team's physical, but the leagues, and an independant 3rd party. Not to mention, Pronger has ZERO incentive for doing this. He could either get his full paycheck for the next 7 or so years, or he could get 2/3rds of his paycheck over the next 7 or so years.... I wonder what he would pick....
    This. No reason for Pronger to /not/ take the money.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post

gun to my head ... i'd probably take bryz over luongo and i'm sure homer would too ...

burke was fired for the tyler seguin, dougie hamilton debacle ... not because he wouldn't trade for an overrate over-the-hill goalie

i root for my team so if luongo comes here i'll end up rooting for him ... but that move does nothing to improve our current team

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7mlN_MQ1c

i've watched it like 5 times in a row and i still get fired up ...

in my ideal world and not giving a crap about the cap:

JVR Giroux Voracek
    Hartnell Richards Briere
    Talbot Couturier Read

and at that point, the fourth line wouldn't even matter to me ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast