Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Larry Coon on 710 to talk Lakers options

Larry Coon is an expert of the CBA and salary cap.

Should be interesting, I will update throughout the interview

Dwight's options at end of the year:

Re-sign with Lakers to get more money.

Sign with Atlanta, Sign with Dallas

Sign and trade cannot go to a team above the tax line. Rules out Brooklyn

Difference over 4 year contract with Lakers gives Dwight an extra 4 million.

What options are there for Lakers to improve themselves?

Rudy Gay- No truth to any Gay rumors according to Sam Amick

Mike D'Antoni has shown in NY he is unwilling to change his system for the players he has.

Pau needs to be used as a center at this point in his career.
    Last edited by jsthornton7; 01-07-2013 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post

He said nothing sadly.

vCash
    I'm not kidding. The Dwight sign'n'trades were the most hopeful thing I heard. It's just that bad. So let me start... Dwight for Horford/Korver/two #1's.

vCash

Difference over 4 year contract with Lakers gives Dwight an extra 4 million.
    That can't be correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    That can't be correct.
    I think he might have meant 4 million per year. Not 4 million for the duration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdouger View Post
    I think he might have meant 4 million per year. Not 4 million for the duration.
    The Lakers can offer a 4th year worth 25 million.

After the 3 year deal Dwight would sign with another team the new contract's 1st year combined with the 3 year deal would be 4 million less than Dwight signing a 4 year deal with the Lakers.

vCash
    The Lakers can offer a 4th year worth 25 million.

After the 3 year deal Dwight would sign with another team the new contract's 1st year combined with the 3 year deal would be 4 million less than Dwight signing a 4 year deal with the Lakers.
    I see now.

In other words, the lakers "leverage" of that extra year really doesnt mean THAT much, considering he's still 26 and will still command a max contact when he's 29-30 (assuming healthy). An extra 4 million to dwight is like an extra $1,000 for us regular joes. This is not good news for the laker organization.

But then again, would he really go to Atlanta or Dallas over LA? Doubt it. Those 2 franchises will never win anything, at least during this current era.
    Last edited by 310Casper; 01-07-2013 at 03:17 PM.

vCash

Dwight's options at end of the year: ...

Difference over 4 year contract with Lakers gives Dwight an extra 4 million ...
    That can't be correct.
    While that $4 million figure may seem low, I believe it is actually a tad high, if only four years are considered. The true advantage the Lakers have, though, is that they can offer a five-year deal whereas the other teams cannot:

Based on my understanding of the 'new' CBA, the Lakers can give Dwight almost $118 million over five years, which also amounts to about $91.28 million over the first four years [ Year One $20.513 million + Year Two $22.051 million + Year Three $23.589 million + Year Four $25.127 million + Year Five $26.665 million ] ...

Other 'bidders' can only offer a four-season pact worth approximately $87.59 million [ Year One $20.513 + Year Two $21.436 million + Year Three $22.359 million + Year Four $23.282 million ] ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    I see now.

In other words, the lakers "leverage" of that extra year really doesnt mean THAT much, considering he's still 26 and will still command a max contact when he's 29-30 (assuming healthy). An extra 4 million to dwight is like an extra $1,000 for us regular joes. This is not good news for the laker organization.

But then again, would he really go to Atlanta or Dallas over LA? Doubt it. Those 2 franchises will never win anything, at least during this current era.
    Didn't Dallas just win a little thing known as the NBA championship?

vCash
    Didn't Dallas just win a little thing known as the NBA championship?
    Yea, then they blew it up immediately and went into rebuilding mode. Not to mention they put all their eggs in the deron/dwight basket and failed miserably. Now dirk is making disgruntled statements to the media. That franchise has a long road ahead now.

My statement is obviously about going forward. Unless dwight owns a time machine and go sign with the 2011 mavs, i do not see him going there next season, atlanta has a better chance, and even then, its slim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    I'm not kidding. The Dwight sign'n'trades were the most hopeful thing I heard. It's just that bad. So let me start... Dwight for Horford/Korver/two #1's.
    Give us Al Horford, Korver and Josh Smith for Howard plus fillers and I would take that deal. A team of Nash, Kobe, Horford, Gasol, J. Smith, Metta, Korver, etc.... would be very deep and actually fit into D'antoni's system. Obviously Atlanta wouldn't do that, but I am trying to be overly optimistic here.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 01-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    I see now.

You're assuming he cares about winning. He wants to be the guy and to have influence in the FO
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu