• We Win -50% of next 6

0 0%
  • WE WIN ALL 6!!!!

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzanity420 View Post
    I'd rather "thug it up" then the opposite. Carlisle is losing it.

Am I the only one who thinks we should try starting burks at PG on this road trip? I'm not comfortable with Tinsley guarding Kemba Walker and Devin Harris/Teague. Burks has shown the desire and i think he would respond well to the show of confidence by Corbin. And do we really need a pure point guard with our starting group when all we do is go down to Al anyway?
    I rather see Burks play. I mean Tinsley talks a lot about controlling the ball and make sure we don't turn it over, but we need guys who are a scoring threat, so when they drive the lane, guys leave their spots, giving Burks opportunities for easy buckets, or easy pass to the wing, or to wide open guys in the interior(which is better than Tinsley's pick and roll(which usually leaves most the work for everyone else).

Pure PG's are over rated anyways, all the real best are now expected to put up big points, shoot the 3 +.400 and then assist just as much as a "true" pg would.

I mean when you got a guy like Burks, who can shoot, but has an eye to move the around the court and find open guys, that is awesome. Its like watching Monta Ellis, what makes him so good is finding weaknesses in the blink of an eye and exploiting it, like running into holes, I mean he makes 20 points almost all the time.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    lol some people just dont get it...
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    is anyoneelseconfusedabout this poll???
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    yeah
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    I rather see Burks play. I mean Tinsley talks a lot about controlling the ball and make sure we don't turn it over, but we need guys who are a scoring threat, so when they drive the lane, guys leave their spots, giving Burks opportunities for easy buckets, or easy pass to the wing, or to wide open guys in the interior(which is better than Tinsley's pick and roll(which usually leaves most the work for everyone else).

Pure PG's are over rated anyways, all the real best are now expected to put up big points, shoot the 3 +.400 and then assist just as much as a "true" pg would.

I mean when you got a guy like Burks, who can shoot, but has an eye to move the around the court and find open guys, that is awesome. Its like watching Monta Ellis, what makes him so good is finding weaknesses in the blink of an eye and exploiting it, like running into holes, I mean he makes 20 points almost all the time.
    I couldn't disagree more. Are the Lakers better with a true PG or with Kobe bringing the ball up? Would you rather have Ellis or Chris Paul? What do you think the Clippers would rather have?

Burks is good at putting pressure on the front of the rim, he is not capable of running an offense through multiple sets and keeping the dribble alive during one possession when the lane is clogged and the defense is in the passing lanes. I love what he has been doing lately and think he could turn into a good hybrid 1-2 guard in the future. But he isn't a natural passer who can lead the team in assists.

Remember, a score first PG existed in Utah last year, and you saw first hand how it alienated many members of the team. There are a ton of guys who can't generate their own shot and need a pass first PG to break down the defense and create opportunities for others. If your PG is score first, they typically do little to draw others into the flow of the offense.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123