Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    source is not web based in this case though
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    The conspiracy theories in here are.

vCash
    i understand what you are saying but it was Shannon himself who implied that it was an order to not listen to Colangelo. he did so on the fan. unfortunately i do not have the link.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-09-2013 at 04:45 PM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i understand what you are saying but it was Shannon himself who implied that it was an order to not listen to Colangelo. he did so on the fan. unfortunately i do not have the link.
    I am assuming the moratorium on replying to each other is over. Do you mean Sportsnet's Shannon, the NHL guy?

And it all depends on how you phrase your interpretation of it. You've said "order(ed) hiim not to listen" which makes it as cloak and dagger sounding as possible. He could easily have been brought in as deaner suggests because BC wanted his coach in on the discussions. If that's the case he's hardly not listening to BC, he's being invited into the conversation.

We know for a FACT (bolded for emphasis) that Casey scouted and influenced the Ross pick; we know for a FACT that Anderson is a Casey guy. Who are the two most popular Raptors right now? Right, the two guys that Casey was heard on. I think we can safely assume that lines of communication between BC and his coach and between the coach and BC are excellent. (In contrast with BC and Smitch, whom BC never seemed to have confidence in.) Those conclusions are based on FACT, not hearsay.

IMO we tend to make soap operas out of things we really aren't privy to. And John Shannon is a hockey guy, and a bit of a rumour monger (witness his rumours around Burke and Luongo, when anyone who knows Burke knows that he does not allow rumours. This means that any rumours around a Burke team are fanciful, journalistic creations).
    Last edited by ink; 01-09-2013 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    Could another reading of the whole thing be this:

The board wanted to establish lines of authority. Their philosophy is that the coach can utilize the players he has as he wishes.

End of story. Nothing negative, just establishing the intention of new ownership.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    i am assuming the moratorium on replying to each other is over.

vCash
    all of these things are entirely possible. this thread had legs because of something Shannon said. i am only telling you what i heard, not my interpretation of it. it could be i am misremembering but i distinctly remember Shannon saying in no uncertain terms that Casey was told that it was his job to choose who plays and not Colangelo's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    all of these things are entirely possible. this thread had legs because of something Shannon said. i am only telling you what i heard, not my interpretation of it. it could be i am misremembering but i distinctly remember Shannon saying in no uncertain terms that Casey was told that it was his job to choose who plays and not Colangelo's.
    You can see the difference between the way you put it there (which is reasonable) and the way you put it earlier ("an order to not listen to Colangelo"). No one has "ordered him not to listen". They have merely made clear the lines of authority. That's fine. And Casey was also called in as he has been consulted right through his tenure.

I still want to know if the "source" is a hockey guy. John Shannon is a media guy who used to run HNIC IIRC, and he's the same guy trying to stir stuff up about the Leafs and Luongo. An ex media executive trying to improve ratings through controversy? Never. lol He appeals to all the conspiracy theorists on the web and voila, ratings.

I think considering the source is important.

vCash
    I believe Casey was called in for the meeting for the new ownership (Rogers and Bell executives) to know what kind of coach they have in Casey and maybe get to know him better. I believe Toronto Raptors don't make the playoffs that BC would be let go of his duties on season end so if there letting BC go than they wanna make the right decision of keeping Casey or firing him at the season end. I think this meeting on getting his views on this team and just interviewing if his the right coach for this team.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456