Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    bramaca is easily the forum's most articulate and biggest critic of BC. I don't agree with everything he says but it's always thought through. He makes the case for a more traditional approach to building a team and makes it extremely well.
    oh yeah. forgot about him, but that is because he has been missing in action for some time now

vCash
    been saying this for years BC has been forcing the coaches to play certain players to save his ***

vCash
    Tough to read much into this. Could mean that BC had interfered in his decisions previously, could mean that the board had interfered in his decisions, with all the news about how the team has been without Bargs could just want clarification on when he gets back, could have just been a meeting and the comment was made in a discussion and really means very little.

vCash
    bramaca is easily the forum's most articulate and biggest critic of BC. I don't agree with everything he says but it's always thought through. He makes the case for a more traditional approach to building a team and makes it extremely well.
    I am a big critic of BC, he makes about as much sense in Toronto as hockey does in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    oh yeah. forgot about him, but that is because he has been missing in action for some time now
    What counts as MIA for some time? I posted a few days ago in here and very frequently until Christmas.

vCash
    why would the board need to tell the coach to go ahead and play the guys he wanted to play...
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    why would the board need to tell the coach to go ahead and play the guys he wanted to play...
    Exactly. A coach plays who he wants and for how long. If mgmt doesn't like it, fire him. The need for the board to go over BC's head is a cause for inquiry.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    all this tells me is that MLSE would not be upset if Casey benches Bargnani

BC has made it clear that Bargnani is on the trading block. Actually he was on the trading block BEFORE he got injured when he was a STARTER

so who is on the hotseat? Nobody but Bargnani. MLSE is just giving their blessing. My superiors always call me in to discuss things that they want me to do even though there are people above me who may think otherwise. The fact is that this is nothing too big and doesn't need to be overanalyzed for what it is. Just a blessing
    This is a bunch of horse ****! Excuse my expression but not once has it ever been said by the man himself "Bryan Colangelo" that andrea is headed anywhere. Please find me a source or article that he was "Stated as saying where trading him? Until then it's all hypothetical bull ****!

P.S would love to see the raptors start winning again but reality has set in. This team will struggle to win against above 500 teams. They are undersized and when they play against big teams are so called star players in ed and amir struggle. Plain and simple you can't win in this league being undersized. Also can't win in this league having a softy like andrea, and also can't win in this league when your 10 million dollar player named demar shows up when we play under 500 teams. Add to the fact this soap opera that is going on with the pg's and you quickly realize that this is much bigger then Andrea. This is a collective problem, one which requires much more repair then we think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Exactly. A coach plays who he wants and for how long. If mgmt doesn't like it, fire him. The need for the board to go over BC's head is a cause for inquiry.
    If it happened that way. There's always arm-wrestling in big organizations when things aren't going well, and this franchise has never really known what it's like to have things go well.

vCash
    If it happened that way. There's always arm-wrestling in big organizations when things aren't going well, and this franchise has never really known what it's like to have things go well.
    It's true, there is. The problem with this particular situation is that BC is not and was never a coach and so has no real area of expertise when it comes to that facet of the game. If BC had Pat Riley's credentials, it would be different.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    far be it from me to offer excuses for Colangelo but it occurs to me that if this is a new board they could have met with Casey just to tell him that he had no obligation to play the guys he thinks Colangelo would want him to play.

they may have heard the same whispers as the rest of us and were being proactive in addressing it.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    It is hard to gather any context in the article. I don't think any of us can pretend to know the inner works of the front office. I'm sure like any office, there are politics in play, various opinions involved and pressures to ensure positive results.

It is a mess that MLSE, Colangelo and Casey share collaboratively and I'm sure they've all had plenty of discussions regarding the direction of the team from here.

As I've been quite impressed with Casey and the sample size of his tenure here in Toronto has been quite small, management and ownership is the focus of most of my frustrations; (and of course specific players on the court that have embodied this culture of losing for too long).

vCash
    i agree the article only hints at it. i remember hearing John Shannon on primetime sports and he expanded on it. even though he's associated more with hockey he does have a lot of connections with high ranking executives.

vCash
    Another thing that should be addressed is, how the **** does John Shannon know about this? He's a hockey guy through and through and doesn't even get NHL stuff right 75% of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Another thing that should be addressed is, how the **** does John Shannon know about this? He's a hockey guy through and through and doesn't even get NHL stuff right 75% of the time.
    shannon is known to have very high connections within the company from his days as a tv exec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Tough to read much into this. Could mean that BC had interfered in his decisions previously, could mean that the board had interfered in his decisions, with all the news about how the team has been without Bargs could just want clarification on when he gets back, could have just been a meeting and the comment was made in a discussion and really means very little.
    that is what im thinking. if anything at "worst" its just a blessing or a thumbs up for the decision in the lineup changes. nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    What counts as MIA for some time? I posted a few days ago in here and very frequently until Christmas.
    Well for you, MIA would be a post here and there, rather than the pages and pages of back and forth debate, which btw is nothing bad and i enjoy reading it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast