New ESPN Power Rankings: Houston in top 10

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Yep, Houston earning respect, and they're also 8th on the nba.com power rankings.

The comment is just a little stupid, the "White drama" shoudn't affect this team at all.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Houston are easily top 8 in the league.

I mean Lin and Harden are getting things done. They are on a team that they love, and want to win. They have everything you want in your starters, especially those things that aren't on paper, like pure admiration for the game, and the hunger for the win and all that good stuff.

Even in a tough west, they are prosperous. In the east they would be #4 right now!!

In a division with SAS who have been a playoff team for years, Memphis who have worked up a great team, and a Dallas team who won the last Championship for the West.
    Not to mention the other two, one filled with Lakers, Clippers, Warriors(all big threats)(PHO and SAC still good losing teams), then a division full of great teams, in winning order: OKC, DEN, POR, MINN, and UTA. Its crazy how things are this season.

If Houston can do this great, during this tough season I see them as a 2nd round team with full potential to be a 3rd rounder!

I mean I would only rank a few teams above them(this is without looking at the chart)
    (In order of likely Champion)(Left side most likely of group):

1 and 2: MIA/OKC(repeats are always high%)

3-5: NYK/SAS/LAC(Teams who are top contendors underneath)

6-8: HOU/GS/ATL(2nd rounders who have a lot to prove)(This puts HOU in top 4 of West)

9-12: MEM/DEN/IND/CHI(1st rounders who still have a chance)

13-17: BK/MIL/POR/UTA/BOS(likely to make 1st round, but that's it(7th and 8th never get far))
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-07-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    After looking at the rankings, I think they were sufficient. I mean I was mainly looking at it from a "who at this point" would make the playoffs if right now(based off how good they play, not so much off their record).

Either way, Houston is a threat whether they are in the top 4, or bottom 4. I mean they are one step away from being the best in the SouthWest.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    props!

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    Houston are easily top 8 in the league.

I mean Lin and Harden are getting things done. They are on a team that they love, and want to win. They have everything you want in your starters, especially those things that aren't on paper, like pure admiration for the game, and the hunger for the win and all that good stuff.

Even in a tough west, they are prosperous. In the east they would be #4 right now!!

In a division with SAS who have been a playoff team for years, Memphis who have worked up a great team, and a Dallas team who won the last Championship for the West.
    Not to mention the other two, one filled with Lakers, Clippers, Warriors(all big threats)(PHO and SAC still good losing teams), then a division full of great teams, in winning order: OKC, DEN, POR, MINN, and UTA. Its crazy how things are this season.

If Houston can do this great, during this tough season I see them as a 2nd round team with full potential to be a 3rd rounder!

I mean I would only rank a few teams above them(this is without looking at the chart)
    (In order of likely Champion)(Left side most likely of group):

1 and 2: MIA/OKC(repeats are always high%)

3-5: NYK/SAS/LAC(Teams who are top contendors underneath)

6-8: HOU/GS/ATL(2nd rounders who have a lot to prove)(This puts HOU in top 4 of West)

9-12: MEM/DEN/IND/CHI(1st rounders who still have a chance)

13-17: BK/MIL/POR/UTA/BOS(likely to make 1st round, but that's it(7th and 8th never get far))
    Maybe top 8 right now, but top eight overall is a stretch, IMO. They're a really fun young team, but they are still young, and they're going to struggle at some point. They're not a deep enough or an experienced enough of a team to handle all the **** that will be thrown at them.

I mean, do you REALLY think Brooklyn is THAT much below the Rockets?

vCash
    Driven, I agree and disagree. Brooklyn is a mess. Do you think anyone on that team is THAT good? They have an all overrated team. DWill, JJ, Lopez, I'd take Harden, Lin and Asik over them. GForce is a great 4th option. They also already lost a coach. At some point a young raw team is gonna make serious noise, and we may just be looking at that tean.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I would still say the Grizzlies and the Pacers are better teams than the Rockets.

vCash
    I was surprised to see that the Rockets are actually 8th in the standing as of today and would be in the playoffs if the playoff started today. Not bad for a complete overhaul year. They are young and fast....and let's face it if they can run circles on many of the Eatern teams... it's just that they are in the west.

vCash
    I'm not excepting this team to make alot of noise this season, I'd be happy with a 6th seed come season end, next season and the one after is where I'd except us to get a little further. If we are playing pretty well with no training camp with Harden think about what we could do in the next 2-3 years if we can add a decent low post presecne and have a 6th man who could bring 10-15 points every night.

vCash
    I'm sure we dropped big time since then.

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash

vCash
    There is no way we are top 8 in the league. Just off the top of my head there is Miami, NYK (despite us beating them twice), Chicago, S.A., Memphis, LAC, OKC and Golden State. I would think Atlanta, Indiana and Brooklyn are close and if the Lakers stay healthy and finally gel they are going to be better than us. I agree with TMAC94 in that I would be happy just getting into the playoffs and then seen who we acquire in the offseason and look to make strides to being a contender starting next year.

vCash
    I didn't even include Denver, Utah and Portland as other teams that are close or better than us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    There is no way we are top 8 in the league. Just off the top of my head there is Miami, NYK (despite us beating them twice), Chicago, S.A., Memphis, LAC, OKC and Golden State. I would think Atlanta, Indiana and Brooklyn are close and if the Lakers stay healthy and finally gel they are going to be better than us. I agree with TMAC94 in that I would be happy just getting into the playoffs and then seen who we acquire in the offseason and look to make strides to being a contender starting next year.
    But Power Rankings aren't about which team is the best, or should be the best. The PRs are about which team is the best at that moment, and the Rockets were playing like a top-team.

And while we're at it, do yall think it's best to be in the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed facing OKC, SA or LAC, or miss the Playoffs and secure our first-round pick next year with money to add a max guy? I have wanted to see this team in the Plyaoffs for 4 years now, but a first next year, even though in a weak draft, could be better than a first-round exit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast