Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should TT trade down?

Try not to laugh or rip on me to hard.
    Assuming the Packers win the Super Bowl this is what I'm thinking.
    Trade our first round pick with the Bengals for their 2nd 2nd round pick their 4th round pick and maybe their 1st 6th round pick. It would look something like this.
    Bengals Packers
    RD 1, 21st RD 2, 52nd from Bengals
    RD 1, 32nd from Pack RD 2, 64th
    RD 2, 37th RD 3, 96th
    RD 3, 84TH RD 4, 116th from Bengals
    RD 5, 148th RD 4, 126TH
    RD 6, 188TH RD 5, 158TH
    RD 7, 211th RD 6, 180th from Bengals
    RD 6, 190TH
    RD 7, 222
    Still have no idea what our comp picks will be, but a 4th or 5th for Flynn would be nice.

vCash
    I dont think we would get that many picks for the 32nd pick. And why the Bengals?

There you go thumper

vCash
    Packers get
    RD 2- 52 FROM BENGALS
    RD 2-64
    RD 3-96
    RD 4 -116 FROM BENGALS
    RD 4-126
    RD 5-158
    RD 6-180 FROM BENGALS
    RD 6-190
    RD 7 222

vCash
    Maybe there 2nd and 4th? I'm thinking the Bengals because they were a playoff team from the AFC that looks like it needs or would think quality picks over quantity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Maybe there 2nd and 4th? I'm thinking the Bengals because they were a playoff team from the AFC that looks like it needs or would think quality picks over quantity.
    2nd and 4th sounds bout right. You could say the same about the colts as well

There you go thumper

vCash
    The Colts I think only have 4 picks something like 1,3,4,6 something like that.
    The Bengals have 8 picks so maybe they don't need all of them.

vCash
    it depends on who is on the board............ that's how it always is

vCash
    Unless TT is going to go back to the shotgun approach to offensive and defensive linemen... TT should trade up again to get another Clay Matthews.

http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/2013...de-linebackers

Most of those on the board are too slow to be a starter.. Chase Thomas. Or too small to stop the run (almost the entire top crop is 230ish!).

But there is a guy to take in the mid teens if he falls that far. We are going to have to beat a lot of other teams to him that have Linebacker issues, pass rushing issues and declining/departing/retiring stars. Do you think any of these teams won't want a pass rushing LB? Some of them desperately need a star MLB... so they might pass on him... but not all of them will.

17. Steelers (8-8)
    18. Cowboys (8-8)
    19. Giants (9-7)
    20. Bears (10-6)
    21. Bengals (10-6)
    22. Redskins (10-6) – Pick traded to Rams
    23. Vikings (10-6)
    24. Colts (11-5)
    25. Ravens (10-6

That's why we could trade with the Rams for their first pick. 16. Rams (7-8-1) and perhaps steal.

Barkevious Mingo, OLB

While Mingo might be a bit raw considering he's only started five collegiate games, he is perfectly built for today's frenzied pass rush. He is a long-armed, explosive athlete who plays with surprising power despite his lack of ideal weight.

While a bit inconsistent at the snap, when he times it right Mingo can explode off the ball past the tackle, using a good shoulder dip and surprisingly powerful hands to rip through contact and take the corner.

What is exciting about Mingo is that he's not just a physical freak but a surprisingly instinctive, technically refined football player. Mingo's use of his arms and hands belie his experience. He uses them well to keep distance between himself and the tackle and has a natural feel for pass rushing, showing good lateral agility, flexibility and creativity with his fakes to get the bigger man leaning. He has a very good spin move that he likes to use against interior offensive linemen when stunting back inside. He locates the ball quickly, shows good vision and balance to get to the action and closes with a pop.

Mingo may lack the size of a traditional 4-3 defensive end but with teams becoming increasingly interested in hybrid defenders who can play multiple roles, his weight isn't likely to be a problem. The NFL loves pass rushers and therefore they'll love Mingo. He just might be the best pass rusher in the country and checks in at No. 3 on my Big Board.
    They say he will go earlier... but these teams have QB problems that might make them take a QB out of draft position like the Vikes did with Ponder.

7. Cardinals (5-11)
    8. Bills (6-10)
    9. Jets (6-10)
    10. Titans (6-10)

Probably too pricey for TT... he likely wait and see if Dion Jordan, DE (OLB) can be had with the existing pick.
    Last edited by vbjunkie; 01-07-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    If TT does trade up I would hope it would be to take LT Lewan from Michigan or Joeckel from A&M. I think we need to replace Newhouse with a true LT that can be a beast for years to come like CLifton was and protect our Hall of Fame QB!! But I trust TT and whatever move he makes if any I will be waiting patiently to see how our draft turns out.

vCash
    well i look at it this way... we are pretty solid across the board so why not trade up and get that one difference maker?? I mean you trade back and acquire more picks for what reason? Added depth? Sure that fine and dandy but we are already one of the deepest teams in the league. Trade up and get a DL who can get to the stinking QB!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman777 View Post
    If TT does trade up I would hope it would be to take LT Lewan from Michigan or Joeckel from A&M. I think we need to replace Newhouse with a true LT that can be a beast for years to come like CLifton was and protect our Hall of Fame QB!! But I trust TT and whatever move he makes if any I will be waiting patiently to see how our draft turns out.
    if this were the end of 2013 and we saw that Sherrod is a turd then I am all for it but IMO we gotta at least see what we got in Sherrod since we spent a 1st on him. Same with Perry.... thats why I think the only way we move up is to acquire that game changer on the DL

vCash
    The last few years I have said the first round talent where we pick sucks we wil trade back and it never happens so his year I say we stay put and drag BPA.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 63
    Assist Tackles: 27
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 6
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    My opinion is that there is alot of value in the 2nd through 4th rounds and that's where we will get new studs.

vCash
    depedns who's there when we pick
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    depedns who's there when we pick
    True, that's why I proposed a trade with the Bengals we would have 5 picks from 2nd round to 4th
    52-64-96-116-126 maybe, just maybe a Flynn comp pick in 4th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast