Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is it me or are the Lakers still running the princeston offense?

Did I miss something about D'antoni also running the Princeton offense? The ball movement last night was crisp and seem to be gaining familiarity of where they are supposed to be on the floor. Now they got to get the defensive rotations down which happens with communication. This forum needed a positive thread.

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    Again, offensively even with Pau struggling, we're a dominant team. We're one of the best offensive teams in the NBA.

We lose because of our defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Again, offensively even with Pau struggling, we're a dominant team. We're one of the best offensive teams in the NBA.

Your right and its not because they can't but because the lack of communication.

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    Your right and its not because they can't but because the lack of communication.
    Yup, whatever we're running out there is working, Pau still has had very little contribution too, yet we're still a top 5 offensive team.

I think we're 26th in defense. Your right, nobody talks on that end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoast_yg View Post
    Most of it is communication and effort. But also certain players are just not defensive players.

Gasol is having trouble guarding his position and the ultra important pick and roll. Huge problem. His rebounding is also poor.

Kobe is inconsistent with his effort.

Howard is a positive factor but even he is making poor decisions, not always giving full effort on plays, and not rotating correctly.

Nash gives pretty consistent effort but speed and players shooting over him is an issue.

Etc...

vCash

We could be MUCH more dangerous if the Ball was moved more/better and our players got their touches in better spots.

And yes the main problem is defense.

We should try swicthing Pau and Howard on defense, Dwight is quicker should cover the PF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    We could be MUCH more dangerous if the Ball was moved more/better and our players got their touches in better spots.

We should try swicthing Pau and Howard on defense, Dwight is quicker should cover the PF.
    Hah, actually find myself agreeing with you for once... Totally agree, they need to put Howard on all these PFs... Perfect example was on Friday, I wish Howard guarded Griffin.
    #Chow!

vCash

Agree with everything you said. Ball can move better and yeah Howard should guard opposing team Pfs. I think Pau is a center now, which is fine but we have two of them starting lol.

vCash
    Theres a reason Dwight has been mulitple DPOY but not MVP. Im just saying it buggs me that his staple in this league has benn defence, why is it all of a sudden he comes to L.A and he wants to be a scorer? He's getting around the same amount of touches, but its a problem.

I think he came to L.A hoping to be Shaq 2.0 News flash Dwight you have to work on game on that side of the ball to be dominant like him. Yoou shouldnt be still getting ripped by guards becuase you brung the ball down to ther level. Ever dunk dosent need to be a power dunk. Catch the ball, keep it high and put it in. Not that hard. Also every block dosent need to be a swat. If you can get a full hand on it, and it's late in the game. Why not tap it to a teammate or controll it to yourself? Do you realize that what your doing is idiotic, and not productive?

vCash
    Agree with everything you said. Ball can move better and yeah Howard should guard opposing team Pfs. I think Pau is a center now, which is fine but we have two of them starting lol.
    There wouldnt be any problem with the two of them starting if they both played INSiDE.

Of course we would need TWO consistent shooters out there from downtown for it to work, neither kobe, morris, meeks, artest is consistent enough for it, we have nash, we would need another one.

vCash
    This system is garbage

Makes the players run all day, take any shot they want mostly bad shots early in the shot clock, an push the tempo ...last time I checked Kobe said" we are slow and old" so why the **** do you want to take quick shots and run???? You can't win even if you score 150 because your allowing the other team to score 150 also .. So wtf is the point DEFENSE WINS... James worthy even said .. This pathetic and he's tired of saying it over and over... Defense , hustle, heart, the fire to win... We can't even win at home anymore..just because artest played defense for 3min out 48 you call that defense lol ... THEY DON'T EVEN TALK ON DEFENSE...this is why Howard said the chemistry sucks...

Mike needs to go so does this system and some of the players no other sloution

vCash
    Kind of like Ibaka right? Big ups to Crooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSkyHook View Post
    Theres a reason Dwight has been mulitple DPOY but not MVP. Im just saying it buggs me that his staple in this league has benn defence, why is it all of a sudden he comes to L.A and he wants to be a scorer? He's getting around the same amount of touches, but its a problem.

I think he came to L.A hoping to be Shaq 2.0 News flash Dwight you have to work on game on that side of the ball to be dominant like him. Yoou shouldnt be still getting ripped by guards becuase you brung the ball down to ther level. Ever dunk dosent need to be a power dunk. Catch the ball, keep it high and put it in. Not that hard. Also every block dosent need to be a swat. If you can get a full hand on it, and it's late in the game. Why not tap it to a teammate or controll it to yourself? Do you realize that what your doing is idiotic, and not productive?
    What puzzles me is Dwight has not showed ANY improvemente in his post moves in these months.

I mean, he is TRAINING every day with a top 3 player among bigs in the department post moves .
    He also is TRAINING every day with the BEST Shooting guard in the department of Post moves.

How come he hasnt learned anything from them?
    TOo much pride to ask them to show him?
    Too slow a brain to see them do their moves and try to copy them?.
    He is not on speaking terms with any of them?

vCash
    i have to disagree that our offense is not the problem. The numbers are misleading, mainly because Kobe covers up a lot of the problems. For instance, last night kobe scored 18 in the 4th and was the only laker with a fg in the quarter. I feel like the players look confused on offense and our only source of consistent offense is giving kobe the ball and letting him go one-on-one. Howard gets the ball in the post inconsistently, gasol hardly ever, and kobe every now and then.

I feel this lack of offensive flow is also the main reason our defense sucks. Lack of rhythm on offense leads to lack of rhythm on defense. We're just out of sync.

vCash
    What puzzles me is Dwight has not showed ANY improvemente in his post moves in these months.

I mean, he is TRAINING every day with a top 3 player among bigs in the department post moves .
    He also is TRAINING every day with the BEST Shooting guard in the department of Post moves.

How come he hasnt learned anything from them?
    TOo much pride to ask them to show him?
    Too slow a brain to see them do their moves and try to copy them?.
    He is not on speaking terms with any of them?
    If i had to choose i would say to much pride. Thats his downfall in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast