Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Do you guys miss the low efficiency/scoring era?

Seems like people complain about the type of fouls being called and the way the league has opened the game up for perimeter players.

But how many actually preferred the direction the league was going in? The viewers didn't agree but those are casual fans. For people clamoring for more physicality where do you draw the line, seems to me people like pointing to the 90's/80's but this was not the standard bearer for physicality, the 60's and 70's were far more physical than the 80's/90's.

For those who feel the physicality of the 90's made it a tougher era, does that mean the 80's/90's were less tough because they were less physical than the era before them?

So does physicality = toughness? If you value either one of those, which era of physicality would you rather return to and why?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    I miss the Bad Boys Pistons Era type of physicality back when guys like Bill Laimbeer didn't take jack **** from anybody.

Detroit Lions (7-3)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (3-10)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    I miss the man's sport that basketball used to be. These players now are soft and last year was even worse. Touch fouls and constant superstar calls that were blatantly unnecessary. The league has become such a joke because half the time I'm watching free throws being put up.

and seriously op, girl in the sig i straight dream about

vCash
    The same fans saying "they miss the bad boys era" are the same fans crying during the game saying "blow the whistle ref, that should of been a foul!" fans are an extensions of the players and after every big game the forums are full of how the refs were the reason their team lost and that their team didn't get to the line enough.

I'm sorry but you can't have the best of both worlds.

vCash
    I mIss the trash talking and when starting brawls only got you a few games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    I miss the man's sport that basketball used to be. These players now are soft and last year was even worse. Touch fouls and constant superstar calls that were blatantly unnecessary. The league has become such a joke because half the time I'm watching free throws being put up.
    Have ft rates shot up over the years? Maybe but what era did you consider "manly"?
    How far back would you go? Back to the days when a player could sucker punch you without a foul or simply back to the softer 80's?

and seriously op, girl in the sig i straight dream about
    Agreed, shes the GOAT of camwhores

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    I miss the days where players wanted to beat each other first instead of being best friends. As a fan, you could feel the dislike for players on opposing teams and it made the regular season and especially the playoffs better.

I understand that these guys are a part of team USA, so they're bound to get together every 4 years.

I'm not saying the league and players aren't competitive now, but you had guys who would want to beat their opponets so bad. So bad to make them second guess why they're playing pro basketball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    The same fans saying "they miss the bad boys era" are the same fans crying during the game saying "blow the whistle ref, that should of been a foul!" fans are an extensions of the players and after every big game the forums are full of how the refs were the reason their team lost and that their team didn't get to the line enough.

Yeah but fans that say "Blow the whistle" are in this era and are talking about the rules in this era of basketball. I'm sure if they could have things changed back to the way there were they would do so in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately we are slaves to deal with what the game has become now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    I miss the old days when Basketball was a mans sport and you don't see superstars getting all the calls and players flopping all over the place as if that is part of the game. I have argued many times with the OP that this takes away from the game and IS NOT PART OF THE GAME OF BASKETBALL and I'm glad the league has taken some action to try and fix this but I have a feeling it might be too little too late.

I hope they hold strong on the weak calls and flops that are going on in todays game.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    I enjoy watching the softer league, but I will forever laugh when I see you young people call anyone "dirty" in today's game.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post

I would have no problem if they didn'lt call it on both ends. A fan cant complain about a foul if the ref isnt calling it on both sides unless its blatantly obvioius