Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    He'll be 35 in 3 years answer making $16-22M a year **** that. If we had a DH spot for him we should get him but he's going to bee old in 4 years and going to all at least a 5-6 year contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    based on what? Last year was the first time in his career he was rated as a positive defender and here was his triple slash vs lefties .239/.309/.337 and he had a 7 WAR while being an MVP candidate, that should tell you just how hard he crushed righties.
    The guy is still a .290 career hitter against LHP and hit .314, .285, and .309 against LHP in the 3 previous seasons before last year.

His career resume dictates last year's problems against lefties was an aberration.

The guy has had over a 20 fWAR cumulatively over the last 3 seasons as well.

He will be 31 years old by the time he hits FA but i doubt he sees more than 5 years on the open market (6 with a team or vesting option). He could be a good deal for you guys if you need another piece.

vCash
    thing is we kind of don't need another piece, if we do it would be a center fielder so that we could shift kemp over.

vCash
    I'm going to say something bold, just to start something. Alfonso Soriano @ 2nd!! What cha think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpgoblue07 View Post
    I'm going to say something bold, just to start something. Alfonso Soriano @ 2nd!! What cha think?
    no thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpgoblue07 View Post
    no thanks
    Agreed, he was a horrible 2B..defensively. He is much older and slower now. No thanks.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    thing is we kind of don't need another piece, if we do it would be a center fielder so that we could shift kemp over.
    You might because whats to say you don't finish like the Angels did this year.

Win 85-90 games and barely miss the playoffs.

Cano can put a team like that over the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You might because whats to say you don't finish like the Angels did this year.

Win 85-90 games and barely miss the playoffs.

Cano can put a team like that over the top.
    that's true, but our defense gets so god damn bad with him, and he is over 30 and will command big money.

Also, we already have guys that can carry a team, and have been in the mid 80's win total and barely miss the playoffs, lol and that was without Kemp for about half the season, and a Juan Uribe starting at 3rd until about the trade dead line, Dee Gordon slumping for 4 months and Mark Elis not hitting right handers and worst of all a loney/rivera platoon at 1st base all the way through August.

Now health permitting we have solved most of those problems, and now have Zach Grienke. I think we will be better. While Cano makes any line up better, he doesn't make our team better as a whole.
    Last edited by ciaban; 01-11-2013 at 03:48 AM.

vCash
    Convert Dee to 2nd base in 2014?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KempForMVP View Post
    Convert Dee to 2nd base in 2014?
    could definetly work..The key for Dee is he needs to learn to get on base. If you can produce offensively managers make room for you somewhere . 2nd base would be a good spot for Dee.

vCash
    Wait why are you saying Cano plays bad defense? Best arm in MLB
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I also believe that dee should be the 2nd baseman if he can find his way on base. His stats were on the rise in july before he hurt hims self I think that 40+ stolen bases would warrant some time with the hitting coach and a position anywhere on field depending on him getting on base.
    Go dodgers!!!!
    LAKERS
    Go dolphins!!!!
    Go Flyers!!!!!
    I would give her a ball maybe two!!!!!!!!

vCash
    based on what? Last year was the first time in his career he was rated as a positive defender and here was his triple slash vs lefties .239/.309/.337 and he had a 7 WAR while being an MVP candidate, that should tell you just how hard he crushed righties.
    But for his entire career he's hitting .290/.338/.453 vs. lefties. Not bad at all.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    I bet the Yankees sign him to an extension before he hits FA. The trend of doing this will likely increase now that the Dodger have big money at their disposal.

While I would like his bat in the Lineup, his age and price drastically reduce his appeal.

Our 2B and 3B moves will be very interesting over the next few years.
    The Yankees do not extend players. If we did, I think we'd be far better off.

Saving that, Cano is a stud. He's the best 2nd baseman in the game and in his prime. And finding offense @ 2nd isn't super easy. I expect he has some big offers on the table, as he should. No idea where he ends up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Wait why are you saying Cano plays bad defense? Best arm in MLB
    There is more to defense then just arm strength

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast