Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hockeys back. Let the Sabres talk begin WOOHOO

Thank god we have something to look forward to, especially since the Bills playoff hopes realistically ended week 1 after the Jets loss.

Big questions regarding who makes the team on the Defense. We know Myers, Regehr, Erhoff, Sultzer, Leopold all make the team. Thats one spot open for Weber, Scott (unless they use him at right wing), Sykera and now people are saying that the 6th spot may go to Pardy. Pardy cant go to Rochester and he is a 2 million dollar cap hit, leaving him with no trade value.

If Scott makes the team at RW, who gets the boot there. Grigerenko is also on his way to Buffalo and he will get his 10-game try out. That leaves another roster spot taken. I want Foligno to be up here, but he may stay in Rochester.

Lots of Questions, cant wait til training camp. Rumor is the Sabres will open up the season against Boston. What a way to start the season, by introducing Lucic to Scott and Ott.

vCash
    Pretty good first game. I really liked the intensity and the hard hitting today. Throwing the body all around. Foligno, Ott and Kaleta all played really well. Obviously Vanek stole the show.

We did get really lucky on both of those goals that were waved off though. In my opinion, they both should have been goals and it would have changed the game, no doubt. Either way, there is nothing I love more than seeing us physically pound the Flyers. Great first win.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Its a great start to the season. 3 no goals against Philly and Toronto, Hodgson scored twice without even shooting the puck into the net, Stafford fights Hartnell, all things that nobody could have predicted, but things needed to go 2-0. The only thing that has disturbed me is that our goon goes down with a friggin body shot punch. The next time Scott fights, he better destroy the other guy, or else our team looses the intimidation factor.

vCash
    I missed the fight, but, the front page of the Toronto Sun sports section today was the picture of Scott landing a clean punch right to the mouth of Orr. I did see the highlights of the fight and thought Scott went down soft though. Not a good look, but he did get at least one solid shot in there, and to be honest, the fight wasn't really that good of a fight overall.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Question... Against Carolina why did ref who grabbed up gerbe and pinned him to the wall not have any action taken against him? Or is it one of those hush up things

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgood17 View Post
    Question... Against Carolina why did ref who grabbed up gerbe and pinned him to the wall not have any action taken against him? Or is it one of those hush up things
    Ide love to know the answer to this question as well. My guess is that the NHL didnt even look into the situation.

vCash
    If I were gerbe I would be first furious about gettin hit from behind that quick after being back, and second I would be even more furious about the way it was handled. But your probably right that they wont even take a second look into it.

vCash
    Gerbe just recovers from back surgery. He gets hit from behind and then the ref slams his back into the glass. Apparently thats acceptable. Vanek get 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct for yelling. But nothing happens to a ref for slamming our little midget into the boards.