Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swanekj View Post
    1. A great young left-handed line-drive-hitting corner OF;
    2. A great young left-handed line-drive-hitting 3rd sacker; and
    3. A great young left-handed line-drive-hitting Catcher.

Any takers?
    Hey we need a replacement pitcher too........

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    90% he doesnt go anywhere. There are probably only 3 teams that could give us an out of the world prospect package we would want.

vCash
    Not yet, maybe after this season depending on how it goes.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    i would think that theres a 0% chance Sale gets traded.

no one is untouchable, i just cant see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Not yet, maybe after this season depending on how it goes.
    Your most likely right. Im praying we can compete and hopefully win the division. However if we come out and play like **** and end up in 4th place by July, than I hope that all our pitchers are pitching at their capacities. Danks and Peavy would obviously be the first to be traded. Than if a team like STL or Texas blew us away with an offer that is too good to be pass on than Sale would likely be moved. Part of me almost wants 2 years of complete rebuild where we build a top 5 farm system and purge payroll. However in a city like Chicago that would never fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Hey we need a replacement pitcher too........

I'll settle for a 23-year old Robin Ventura and two 23-year old Yogi Berras...

vCash
    Look if some team offers us 3 top 100 specs. 1 of them being a top 10, I think Hahn makes that deal. STL could be a real option. I see them letting Wainright walk instead of paying him close to 25M a year. Oscar Tavares, Carlos Martinez and Matt Adams that would definitely have to be considered a decent offer right?
    Last edited by CQSox305; 01-10-2013 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    Your most likely right. Im praying we can compete and hopefully win the division. However if we come out and play like **** and end up in 4th place by July, than I hope that all our pitchers are pitching at their capacities. Danks and Peavy would obviously be the first to be traded. Than if a team like STL or Texas blew us away with an offer that is too good to be pass on than Sale would likely be moved. Part of me almost wants 2 years of complete rebuild where we build a top 5 farm system and purge payroll. However in a city like Chicago that would never fly.
    It sounds good for a team to say "Look at our awesome minor league system, it's one of the top 5", but that really doesn't do a whole lot for you. The Royals have been touting their system as great for years and it hasn't helped them win a lot of major league games. The only reason anybody is giving the Royals any kind of hope this year is because they traded those prospects for established major leaguers. I wish the Sox had some higher ranked minor leaguers, but I think KW had it right. He traded away prospects before people figured out they weren't worth anything and won the majority of those trades. Gio Gonzalez was probably KW's biggest mistake trading away, but William's wasn't really burned too often. The prospects that were useful (Sale, Reed, Jones, Rowand, Crede, etc.) Williams held onto. I don't think he was ever given enough credit for that. He knew which minor league guys were major league players and which ones weren't, so he dumped the ones that weren't while other teams still thought they could succeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12