Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ravens

48 44.86%
  • Broncos

59 55.14%
Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Very very VERY tentative vote for Denver but this is going to be a very close game. Baltimore are going to be so pumped for it. Just hope we can do enuf to win

vCash
    broncos despite mannings play-off resume

vCash
    Not the match up Denver wanted I'm quite sure.

That 4-7 record in the first round for Manning can't be very comforting however, in particular with a forecast in the low 20's in Denver.

Still, it's Flacco, so Denver probably wins.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not the match up Denver wanted I'm quite sure.

That 4-7 record in the first round for Manning can't be very comforting however, in particular with a forecast in the low 20's in Denver.

Still, it's Flacco, so Denver probably wins.
    Still insistent on bringing up that outdoor and cold weather stuff huh?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Still insistent on bringing up that outdoor and cold weather stuff huh?
    It's data, and it does not favor Manning. So, you're still insistent on changing the subject?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    It's data, and it does not favor Manning. So, you're still insistent on changing the subject?
    Not insisting on anything, but you insist on leaning on stats (data) that favor your desired outcome. I, however; am more of a, what have you done for me lately, kinda guy.... and lately (this year):

Manning played in one dome... and lost!
    Manning played in 15 outdoor games.... and won 13.

If Manning plays well in the playoffs this year, you will be talking about his bad playoff years, next season.

Your data that you choose to manifest is only data that makes your case. Bottom line!

vCash
    Not insisting on anything, but you insist on leaning on stats (data) that favor your desired outcome. I, however; am more of a, what have you done for me lately, kinda guy.... and lately (this year):

Manning played in one dome... and lost!
    Manning played in 15 outdoor games.... and won 13.
    How many bad weather games has Manning played in this year?

If Manning plays well in the playoffs this year, you will be talking about his bad playoff years, next season.

Your data that you choose to manifest is only data that makes your case. Bottom line!
    Nothing you have written here is anything but an attempt to support your position - bottom line.

vCash
    i wonder if the fact that his outdoor games before have all been away games, and any time you are playing an away game in the playoffs, you are playing a team that had a better record then u (unless like steelers vs broncos last year) but still, outdoor in the past has been away for peyton. maybe it will change now that he will have hfa at an outdoor stadium
    im not sure if this argument made sense but it did in my head lol

vCash
    How many bad weather games has Manning played in this year?
    Oh... I see what you did there. You have made two points 1000 times over the last year. 1) Manning has terrible bad weather stats, and 2) Manning has terrible stats outdoors.

Now, it is just down to 1) Bad weather. See, data that only supports your desired outcome.

Nothing you have written here is anything but an attempt to support your position - bottom line.
    I don't have a position other than to laugh at your evolving stat line to support your theories.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    i wonder if the fact that his outdoor games before have all been away games, and any time you are playing an away game in the playoffs, you are playing a team that had a better record then u (unless like steelers vs broncos last year) but still, outdoor in the past has been away for peyton. maybe it will change now that he will have hfa at an outdoor stadium
    im not sure if this argument made sense but it did in my head lol
    Well, 4 of his 7 first round playoff game loses were home, and one of road games (Balt '09) was a win. It's a positive factor he is at home. The counter is that it's going to be cold, and yes he has less experience in the cold than most other QB's of his career length. We'll see.

If they win, they have to play another game a week later. It appears that the average day that time of year will be about 27/5 hi/lo. If Manning and the Broncos win both of those games in solid fashion, he's going to remove a lot of the objections I've brought up against him. Still, there is the SB to follow if they get that far.

vCash
    I think Denver wins this pretty easily but I'm going for Baltimore

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Yeah well that was without Lewis, Suggs, Pollard, and Ellerbee, so it will be very different this time around.
    a 30 pointish differnece, considering the game was 31 to 3 going into the 4th when the ravens scored some points. that was an *** kicking, and i dont see those three gusy making that much of a difference on the road instead of at home. hope i;m wrong, but i'm being realistic here. they can play much better than the last game and still lose
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Well, 4 of his 7 first round playoff game loses were home, and one of road games (Balt '09) was a win. It's a positive factor he is at home. The counter is that it's going to be cold, and yes he has less experience in the cold than most other QB's of his career length. We'll see.

If they win, they have to play another game a week later. It appears that the average day that time of year will be about 27/5 hi/lo. If Manning and the Broncos win both of those games in solid fashion, he's going to remove a lot of the objections I've brought up against him. Still, there is the SB to follow if they get that far.
    Are you unaware that this is the second round? Manning won round one by leading his team to the best AFC record during the regular season.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Oh... I see what you did there. You have made two points 1000 times over the last year. 1) Manning has terrible bad weather stats, and 2) Manning has terrible stats outdoors.

Now, it is just down to 1) Bad weather. See, data that only supports your desired outcome.
    His outdoor stats career wise are still not a match for his Dome stats - fact.

I don't have a position other than to laugh at your evolving stat line to support your theories.
    You are good at self congratulation I have noticed - guess you've got to have something.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-08-2013 at 03:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Are you unaware that this is the second round? Manning won round one by leading his team to the best AFC record during the regular season.
    Manning is 4-7 in his first playoff game of any season - happy now - and of course the wonderful mark of 9-10 overall. The Broncos are 9 point favorites over the dinged up and aging Ravens. Pressure is on the Broncs.

Page 5 of 163 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast