Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do the Nets Get Dwight Howard & Phil Jackson by the Feb 21 Trade Deadline?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwight Howard & Phil Jackson

2 11.11%
  • Dwight Howard

2 11.11%
  • Phil Jackson

0 0%
  • Neither - Stick with Brook

6 33.33%
  • Neither - A trade that upgrades the Nets 4 spot

8 44.44%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    I can pretty much agree with your sentiments on this one Will. I actually wanted Love in that draft but Brook has been a pretty good ball player and I've seen higher picks in the draft not come near to what the Nets are getting from Brook now days.
    It's not even about his production. Howard would bring a lot more to the team. It's about the way we treated Lopez while he was here. In a way we never really gave him a fair shake. This is the first time he has been surrounded by talent

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    And he's playing pretty darn good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post

Now we are finally in Brooklyn after all the suffering, he is grateful to still be here and playing at an all star level... seeing him traded after all that(perhaps to yet another losing team) would be pretty sad actually.
    There is so much that you can't put on paper. Your average player could become a great player with pride, happiness and confidence in their team. Lopez is so amazing. He is the type of player everyone wishes they had. People talk Lee this and Bosh that, and Howard the best....Psh...Give me a guy who wants to be on my team, and loves wearing his jersey over any stat player who looks good on paper.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    It's not even about his production. Howard would bring a lot more to the team. It's about the way we treated Lopez while he was here. In a way we never really gave him a fair shake. This is the first time he has been surrounded by talent
    Thank you, I've been saying this for god knows how long, give Lopez a F***ing chance! He's really a very good player but because he's not Howard many people think he's garbage.

IMO, I think one of the main problems that we have is D-Will and Joe miss way to many shots and they really need to improve that. Their FG% are not good at all especially from Joe since he's suppose to be the teams "shooter". If we can get better scoring from other players than D-Will can shot less and be the floor captain that we really need. He should be leading the league in assist if we can just find better shooters but since we don't have that, that's the reason why he shoots more than he needs to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    is JJ. Chopped liver?
    JJ isnt that kind of player anymore. Dwight has to be surrounded with Anthony Morrows and Ryan Andersons thats the most effective offense with him. While JJ is a good 3 point shooter he is not great one. Deron is not great offensively right now a team removing Brook and adding Dwight would suffer offensively. Brook Lopez is playing less than 30 mins per game and putting up 19ppg wait until he is 100% healthy and playing 36 mins a game he is still getting better and plays with tons of heart. We are already a pretty good defensive team according to stats a better defensive team than the Lakers we just need more shooters. Brook Lopez is not the problem and Dwight Howard is not the solution. If Deron starts playing how he should this would be a good team
    Last edited by Rique; 01-08-2013 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Thank you, I've been saying this for god knows how long, give Lopez a F***ing chance! He's really a very good player but because he's not Howard many people think he's garbage.

IMO, I think one of the main problems that we have is D-Will and Joe miss way to many shots and they really need to improve that. Their FG% are not good at all especially from Joe since he's suppose to be the teams "shooter". If we can get better scoring from other players than D-Will can shot less and be the floor captain that we really need. He should be leading the league in assist if we can just find better shooters but since we don't have that, that's the reason why he shoots more than he needs to.
    I was never really worried about Deron or JJ. Jj was steadily getting back to being JJ and Deron was just being misused by Avery. Plus they are still getting used to playing off one another

It's Blatche i am worried about. I want to know that he will keep his head on straight now that Avery is gone. I am also worried about Crash. He cannot stay in front of anyone these days. He is an excellent help defender but Melo was embarrassing him and so do most quick SF that we face. It is clear he is a shadow of what he was in Charlotte. I hope the Nets monitor his minutes

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    JJ isnt that kind of player anymore. Dwight has to be surrounded with Anthony Morrows and Ryan Andersons thats the most effective offense with him. While JJ is a good 3 point shooter he is not great one. Deron is not great offensively right now a team removing Brook and adding Dwight would suffer offensively. Brook Lopez is playing less than 30 mins per game and putting up 19ppg wait until he is 100% healthy and playing 36 mins a game he is still getting better and plays with tons of heart. We are already a pretty good defensive team according to stats a better defensive team than the Lakers we just need more shooters. Brook Lopez is not the problem and Dwight Howard is not the solution. If Deron starts playing how he should this would be a good team
    I was hoping the Nets would sign Cook but the Bulls got to him first. I agree that we do need a pure shooter

vCash
    I want morrow back
    [

vCash
    I am not sure how excited I am to bring Howard onto the Nets unless we get a solid back up Center or a proven scoring PF. First off lets ignore these last few months for Dwight 'cause he is probably the overall best center in the league once 100% healthy and he is not. However Lopez right now is a huge part of making our offense better and we are getting closer in establishing more of a consistant flow on the offensive end. Howard is a different player that the Nets players will have to learn new plays that better suits his stregths. There is a way, I think, 'round that though:

Start Tele at PF: He bring a scoring touch to the Nets that can be really good, but he is not proven and you don't want to rush and hope; you want to develop and PJ seems to be starting to play him more. I would rather see him come off the bench.

Start Blatche at PF: I would love that, but we need a solid back up C to do that and I do not want to see Hump or Evans backing up Dwight!

Start Hump or Evans: Not next to Dwigh...No!

Start Wallace at PF: No need to play someone consistantly out of position.

If this trade does happen, IMO we have to get a solid back up center so we can slide Blatche to PF. That would be the easiest way to make a Howard trade to the Nets a success!
    Ballin-

vCash
    Dwight isn't going anywhere. This whole thread is a joke. I'll remember to bump this after the trade deadline and after free agency. DWIGHT HOWARD ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. HE'S GOING TO BE A LAKER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Dwight isn't going anywhere. This whole thread is a joke. I'll remember to bump this after the trade deadline and after free agency. DWIGHT HOWARD ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. HE'S GOING TO BE A LAKER.
    I am not saying he is going to the Nets, but if the Lakers do not make any progress he will not be with them by the trading deadline. Maybe if he was with the Lakers for a long term deal, but he is not and the only commitment he has given is this off season he will go to a championship caliber team. I think it is a joke that you think the chances of Howard being traded is so low.
    Ballin-

vCash
    I say don't even bother trading for him. He's going to test the waters once the season is over so we'll have a good chance to get him for nothing (meaning no trade). Yes he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table should he not sign with the Lakers but if he's not getting along with Kobe then he wouldn't want to play there.

Let's say we do get him in the off season, my question is this, can he play PF while keeping Lopez as the center. What do you guys think?

vCash
    I say don't even bother trading for him. He's going to test the waters once the season is over so we'll have a good chance to get him for nothing (meaning no trade). Yes he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table should he not sign with the Lakers but if he's not getting along with Kobe then he wouldn't want to play there.

Let's say we do get him in the off season, my question is this, can he play PF while keeping Lopez as the center. What do you guys think?
    Eh.. he would be a horrible PF imo. He is at his most dominant at the 5

You do not take the best C in the game out of his position

The Howard thing is funny because now it is the Nets in a position of power. We do not NEED Howard and according to sources, while Billy King would not reject a call from Mike Kupchak, Billy will not be calling. Brook Lopez is having the best season of his career while the Lakers will have to finish at .500 just to make the playoffs at this point and Howard not healthy in both his back and now a torn shoulder

The Nets would like Howard but do not need to chase him anymore. Meanwhile the Lakers will be lucky if he resigns in that mess with Kobe who he seems to have problems with there

vCash

Unless I am wrong

the Nets have to trade for D12 as they'll need to clear room for his salary. You can't just dump a player to clear cap space the way you can in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    I want morrow back
    No you don't

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3474/anthony-morrow

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast