Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do the Nets Get Dwight Howard & Phil Jackson by the Feb 21 Trade Deadline?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwight Howard & Phil Jackson

2 11.11%
  • Dwight Howard

2 11.11%
  • Phil Jackson

0 0%
  • Neither - Stick with Brook

6 33.33%
  • Neither - A trade that upgrades the Nets 4 spot

8 44.44%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Probably not.

Curious though, if we pulled it off...what would your plan be in terms of Lopez?
    I think they could play together. Brook has developed more into the pick-and-pop type of guy shooting that 17 foot jumper off the elbows. Not sure if it would clog the paint though :/

I think starting both of them will be okay, but when it comes time to stretch the floor, throw Gerald at the 4 or Tele even for the wing 3's

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    It's extremely hard trying to make a 3-team deal for Cousins work on NBA Trade Machine because Humphries can't be traded until the 15th of the month.

So I tried to make something happen but obviously Sacramento wouldn't accept

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhleqga

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    It would have to be a 3 way trade. Lopez is a terrible fit for D'Antoni
    I think it's D'Antoni who is the bad fit...the guy is not a good coach lakers should have never hired him
    [/CENTER]

vCash

What

is JJ. Chopped liver?

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Dwight will not make this team better trust me. Deron and Dwight are 2 players that are divas and dont play with a lot of heart. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are friends. Brook Lopez not as talented as them, but at least he plays with heart. Dwight is good when you surround him with shooters and we only have one in Mirza thats it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    I think they could play together. Brook has developed more into the pick-and-pop type of guy shooting that 17 foot jumper off the elbows. Not sure if it would clog the paint though :/

I think starting both of them will be okay, but when it comes time to stretch the floor, throw Gerald at the 4 or Tele even for the wing 3's
    Fair enough. I actually wouldnt mind them playing together at all to tell you the truth.

vCash
    I like Lopez, and wouldn't do such a risk with Howard. I guess he could get more energy from being on a winning team that hasn't blown the season so far.

Phil Jackson is probably wanting a job, but I don't know if he will come to Nets. I think it would be cool, seeing him back in the east would be cool, it would be like the MJ days.

I say neither, unless something does happen. I would say Dwight is more likely than Jackson. Dwight probably doesn't like it in the tough west. I think he would be happier in a Net uniform, but I think Nets need more shooters and guards. I mean were already filled with big guys.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisme56 View Post
    I'd much rather trade for Cousins than Howard...Cousins would be the best center in the league if he was on this team.

If we make any trades, Humphries and his terrible 12mil contract has to be traded. I do not know why we resigned him and yet alone signed him to 12mil for 2 yrs
    I second this but if we have learned anything about the Nets is that they like to chase names and Howard has that star power for Brooklyn

I agree that Cousins would be a better move and also a shrewd one because Cousins is on the cusp of greatness with only a bad team and his own head holding him back

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    It's extremely hard trying to make a 3-team deal for Cousins work on NBA Trade Machine because Humphries can't be traded until the 15th of the month.

So I tried to make something happen but obviously Sacramento wouldn't accept

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhleqga
    If they are unwilling to accept Boston's deal od Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, and Green then i do not see how the Nets could ever get him without giving up Lopez

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash

They can only play together if Howard plays PF. Lopez is too slow to play the position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano24 View Post
    I think it's D'Antoni who is the bad fit...the guy is not a good coach lakers should have never hired him
    Well this goes without saying. I'll rephrase. Lakers would love to get Lopez if it comes to trading him but they would have to fire D'Antoni first. Kobe likes Lopez btw

vCash
    If Howard is healthy I give up Lopez and that's it. He has a torn labrum, to go along with his bad back.

I say no.

vCash
    I was all for Dwight awhile ago...but the more I see him closer and closer over the last 2 seasons. He's a great player...probably will get better in a more stable environment...but he's a headcase. And more and more...I am getting a red flag feeling from him.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash

Yeah

I hear ya there Rob. I'm just recently recovered from the headaches and recuring nightmares from the last go round.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Please god no I can't take anymore.

vCash
    I gotta say Brook Lopez has really gotten a raw deal from the Nets. I usually look at it as a business and do not feel bad for players when they are traded but damn..

Lopez was here during 12-70 working hard and being a professional. While idiots like Courtney Lee were complaining and criticizing the team he was keeping his mouth shut and staying loyal by never bad mouthing us. He was there when we were playing for empty arenas and dealing with being put into trades all the damn time

Now we are finally in Brooklyn after all the suffering, he is grateful to still be here and playing at an all star level... seeing him traded after all that(perhaps to yet another losing team) would be pretty sad actually.

vCash

Yanno what

I can pretty much agree with your sentiments on this one Will. I actually wanted Love in that draft but Brook has been a pretty good ball player and I've seen higher picks in the draft not come near to what the Nets are getting from Brook now days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    I gotta say Brook Lopez has really gotten a raw deal from the Nets. I usually look at it as a business and do not feel bad for players when they are traded but damn..

Lopez was here during 12-70 working hard and being a professional. While idiots like Courtney Lee were complaining and criticizing the team he was keeping his mouth shut and staying loyal by never bad mouthing us. He was there when we were playing for empty arenas and dealing with being put into trades all the damn time

Now we are finally in Brooklyn after all the suffering, he is grateful to still be here and playing at an all star level... seeing him traded after all that(perhaps to yet another losing team) would be pretty sad actually.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast