Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do the Nets Get Dwight Howard & Phil Jackson by the Feb 21 Trade Deadline?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwight Howard & Phil Jackson

2 11.11%
  • Dwight Howard

2 11.11%
  • Phil Jackson

0 0%
  • Neither - Stick with Brook

6 33.33%
  • Neither - A trade that upgrades the Nets 4 spot

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How One Current Laker & One Former Laker Could Become Brooklyn Nets

So, Dwightmare seems to be upon us again according to NYDN's Stefan Bondy.

Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just can’t get along, and there’s a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.

Three days after the altercation, following a disheartening loss to the Clippers, Howard complained about the lack of chemistry on the Lakers. It was a comment seemingly directed at Bryant, who is averaging a league-high 22 shots despite playing with three potential Hall of Famers.
    The Mike D’Antoni-coached Lakers fell to 15-18 after losing at home to the Denver Nuggets, 112-105, Sunday night despite Howard’s 26 rebounds. Bryant led L.A. with 29 points but took 26 shots.

“Look at the difference between our team and (the Clippers),” Howard said. “They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody’s excited when something happens.”

Howard again hinted at the disconnect on Saturday. There were always concerns over whether Bryant, a no-nonsense veteran, and Howard, a playful man-child, could co-exist.

ould Deron Williams (l.) and new Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo be welcoming in Dwight Howard?
    “(Chemistry) is something we have to do to get better,” Howard told reporters in L.A. “We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don’t want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.”

Howard, a pending free agent, has not committed to Los Angeles beyond this season.

If the Lakers decide Howard won’t re-sign, they risk losing him for nothing and it becomes more likely they trade the six-time All-Star.

The Nets spent all of last year trying to acquire Howard, who admitted in October that Brooklyn was his preferred destination.
    The Nets are in a position to put together an enticing package if they know Howard would sign long-term to play with Deron Williams. The Nets’ previous proposals to the Magic centered around Brook Lopez, who is having a breakthrough season coming off foot surgery.

Lopez can’t be traded until Jan. 15 because he signed a four-year, $61 million deal in the summer. He is averaging 18.9 points and 7.4 rebounds, while Howard – who is coming off back surgery – is on pace for his worst statistical campaign (17.4 points, 12.0 rebounds) since his second season.

Prior to the trade that sent Howard to Los Angeles, Bryant reportedly told Howard he’d be the third offensive option if traded to the Lakers. Following the New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, Bryant was ticked off at Howard and ticked off in front of the media.

“Cause we’re old as s---,” the 34-year-old told reporters, explaining the Lakers’ struggles. “What do you want? We just got to figure out how to play when we don’t have that energy.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2HIjwycf9
    Does a Brook Lopez + a pick or MarShon Brooks for Dwight Howard bring Phil Jackson to the Nets? Prepare yourselves for another crazy five weeks Nets Fans.

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I would love for option A even if it means giving up my favorite player on the team. Brook has come a long way this year but to get Dwight would improve this team no doubt.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Please god no I can't take anymore.

The Future

vCash
    I don't want Dwight. He limits the offense to such a degree, that it's not worth what he brings on defense. He has two post moves and he's awful at the stripe. He chases blocks, and would rather swat the ball into the stands, than block & steal. I used to love Dwight, but I've gotten really turned off on him the last 18 months.

I think the Nets optimal lineup looks something like this

DWill/Watson
    JJ/MarShon
    Crash/Bogans
    Tele/Evans
    Lopez/Blatche

I would be absolutely ecstatic if Hump never even SNIFFS the rotation for the rest of the year. He stops the ball, he's not athletic, he can't play defense, he's just a hard nosed dirty work kind of player that doesn't belong getting heavy minutes on a legit contender.

Tele would spread the middle of the floor out SO much more by sucking the opposing PF out to the 3 point line, leaving more room for Lopez and DWill to work in the paint. The guy throws up some of the most gorgeous rainbow 3's I've ever seen when he catches the ball in rhythm. He would be an excellent pick and pop guy for Deron, and plays some decent D. One of the biggest reasons why I wanted Avery to go so badly, was his burying Tele and MarShon on the bench.

**** Dwight. He's an overrated crybaby.

vCash
    ^ ^ While I agree to an extent, you're looking at a Lakers team that dominates with Kobe Bryant at the helm. Dwight, even with a bad back, is still averaging 17 & 11. I understand he doesn't have post moves that make you go WOW, but the guy will more than likely be the biggest player on the floor. If we're able to get some spot up 3 point shooters (like a Korver or JJ Reddick) then I think we can easily install them into the rotation to spread the floor. Tele will do that and make the 4 man guard out on the perimeter, but adding Dwight Howard, a HAPPY Dwight Howard, would be Key.

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    I don't want Dwight.

I just don't want him after all that s**t.

The team as it is right now look good to me. I would only do a smaller change like trading hump (for AV )

vCash
    Dwight will not make this team better trust me. Deron and Dwight are 2 players that are divas and dont play with a lot of heart. It doesn't surprise me at all that they are friends. Brook Lopez not as talented as them, but at least he plays with heart. Dwight is good when you surround him with shooters and we only have one in Mirza thats it

vCash
    I would love for this to happen. I like Brook but Dwight is still on another level. However i would be very disappointed if it took more than just Lopez

Lopez is playing at an all star level while Howard has yet to recover from his back issue

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    It would have to be a 3 way trade. Lopez is a terrible fit for D'Antoni

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    It would have to be a 3 way trade. Lopez is a terrible fit for D'Antoni
    why is he a terrible fit?
    [

vCash
    and if it means giving up anything more than lopez than no

this trade isn't like the one last offseason
    [

vCash
    I'd much rather trade for Cousins than Howard...Cousins would be the best center in the league if he was on this team.

If we make any trades, Humphries and his terrible 12mil contract has to be traded. I do not know why we resigned him and yet alone signed him to 12mil for 2 yrs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisme56 View Post
    I'd much rather trade for Cousins than Howard...Cousins would be the best center in the league if he was on this team.

If we make any trades, Humphries and his terrible 12mil contract has to be traded. I do not know why we resigned him and yet alone signed him to 12mil for 2 yrs
    I would rather Cousins over Dwight too.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Do you think we could get Cousins for Humphries + Marshon + one of ATL's picks?

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    Do you think we could get Cousins for Humphries + Marshon + one of ATL's picks?
    Probably not.

Curious though, if we pulled it off...what would your plan be in terms of Lopez?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast