1. The problem didn't start for the Lakers when Jim Buss got here, it started over 20 years ago when Jerry Buss bought the Lakers and made them star focused over team focused.
2. Jerry Buss, Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak chose to compose a team headed by 3 Star Players and one Superstar and then piece together the bench.
3. Championship teams generally take 2-3 years to gel:
The Celtics in 2008 only brought in Allen and Garnett, everyone else played together. Most of the players on the Lakers haven't (new players, nash, howard, meeks, duhon, jamison)
3. I know we want to blame D'Antoni for everything going on but how much of this is the coaching staff? The only new one from Browns days is his brother, everybody else is holdovers, is the huge staff the problem?
4. David Stern wants parity over super teams as he looks at the NFL's model of parity and wants the same popularity making it hard on the Lakers. So yes, he nixed the Paul deal because it was good for the NBA and too good for the Lakers.
5. Kobe Bryant is greedy. He had a chose several years ago to take less money so that the team can bring in more players. Lebron, Wade, KG, Parker, Ginobli, Bosh, Garnett, Pierce, Allen all did this so they can win, why didn't Kobe the one who had the most championships of all these players? Same thing with Gasol, why didn't he take less money, he was overpaid before the new CBA.
6. The Lakers can still win it this year. It won't be easy but no one has the accumulated talent that this team has and if they can pull it together, they will be very hard to stop.