Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81

Thread: So..........

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    392
    vCash
    1500
    id love Rudy Gay. But only if he could play the 2. Anyone here think he can?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,143
    vCash
    1500
    nobody ****s with shammy when it comes to basketball statistics or he will eat you ALIVE lol.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by soxguy1 View Post
    id love Rudy Gay. But only if he could play the 2. Anyone here think he can?
    It would most likely take Deng to get him so he would start at sf. And gay isn't the player we need.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Smh I proved my point that when rose and rip are on the court they don't mesh not even a little. Yes its a man crush on rip. Rip has averaged 1-2 3pt attempts his whole career and I'm glad he hits the 1 3pt shot he takes a game but we need real 3pt shooters.
    Oh and belinelli isn't afraid to go to the basket. I'm sorry but if rip isn't gone this year he will be next year.
    So because rip doesn't shoot threes, he and rose doesn't mesh? Did you stop watching the bulls after BG7 left for the Pistons?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    nobody ****s with shammy when it comes to basketball statistics or he will eat you ALIVE lol.
    AH AH ... until the chosen one arrives to destroy them all!

    Could it be OT the nr1 on PSD?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,983
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiepie80 View Post
    I am not surprised about Mohamed, I knew when they signed him it was a joke. He was awful in his prime and beyond awful now.
    I still consider Mohammed as a good signing. Bulls can't afford to have Taj as the only back up big man. Though bulls are very lucky this season with a healthy front court.

    There's really not much of a choice in the center position, because the bulls can only afford a vet minimum.

    Mohammed better than Fesenko.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    So because rip doesn't shoot threes, he and rose doesn't mesh? Did you stop watching the bulls after BG7 left for the Pistons?
    Yup' I saw us in 2010-2011 with bogans, Watson, butler, korver, pargo, and lucas. Withbrewer as the defensive stopper. Looks like a bunch of spot up shooters to me. Oh and weren't we top in the league too?

    Oh and Deng,booze, and Noah weren't playing on the level they are playing now when we had all of the shooters.

    And I never said they couldn't mesh I just said Marco and cook are better fits beside rose than rip is. And then I went on to show that they only had a few bright spots together but had a lot of bad outings shooting wise.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,685
    vCash
    1500
    Most of Rose & Rips games come off the lock out with no training camp as Shammy mentioned but also Rip had just joined the team and jumped straight in learning the system (in actual games), the sample size is way too small with the factors accounting especially compared to the sample size of what Rose, Cook, & Marco has done together, 0 samples.

    We got Rip because we needed a player that would take some of the weight off Rose, not because Rose didn't like passing to Bogans. If Cook is just a spot up shooter (I doubt he'll be in our system) then he is essentially another Bogans because Rose would still have to create for him. Rip was acquired for multiple reasons but a big one was the fact that he kept our offense from being so predictable. A spot up shooter makes us predictable again.

    2011 MVP Rose was great but remember he didn't win MVP because he had the best numbers but the fact that he had the most pressure carrying our offense game after game (with success). We don't want Rose to deal with that pressure anymore, we want the game to come to him

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LGhost View Post
    Most of Rose & Rips games come off the lock out with no training camp as Shammy mentioned but also Rip had just joined the team and jumped straight in learning the system (in actual games), the sample size is way too small with the factors accounting especially compared to the sample size of what Rose, Cook, & Marco has done together, 0 samples.

    We got Rip because we needed a player that would take some of the weight off Rose, not because Rose didn't like passing to Bogans. If Cook is just a spot up shooter (I doubt he'll be in our system) then he is essentially another Bogans because Rose would still have to create for him. Rip was acquired for multiple reasons but a big one was the fact that he kept our offense from being so predictable. A spot up shooter makes us predictable again.

    2011 MVP Rose was great but remember he didn't win MVP because he had the best numbers but the fact that he had the most pressure carrying our offense game after game (with success). We don't want Rose to deal with that pressure anymore, we want the game to come to him
    James harden didn't need any of that either. And yes I agree that's why we got rip but he isn't providing much more than Marco is giving us.
    Last edited by ChitownbullsBG7; 01-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    So because rip doesn't shoot threes, he and rose doesn't mesh? Did you stop watching the bulls after BG7 left for the Pistons?
    Yup' I saw us in 2010-2011 with bogans, Watson, butler, korver, pargo, and lucas. Withbrewer as the defensive stopper. Looks like a bunch of spot up shooters to me. Oh and weren't we top in the league too?

    Oh and Deng,booze, and Noah weren't playing on the level they are playing now when we had all of the shooters.

    And I never said they couldn't mesh I just said Marco and cook are better fits beside rose than rip is. And then I went on to show that they only had a few bright spots together but had a lot of bad outings shooting wise.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,176
    vCash
    56587
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Smh I proved my point that when rose and rip are on the court they don't mesh not even a little. Yes its a man crush on rip. Rip has averaged 1-2 3pt attempts his whole career and I'm glad he hits the 1 3pt shot he takes a game but we need real 3pt shooters.
    Oh and belinelli isn't afraid to go to the basket. I'm sorry but if rip isn't gone this year he will be next year.
    But you didn't prove a point, not even close. You showed 9 bad games and 6 good games of them together. That's not a proven point, especially since it's a small sample size. And especially because maybe it was Rose that was shooting like crap the majority of those games, which you didn't bother showing either. Idk what this argument has become, because I never said I want Rip here for the long-haul or that I want Rip starting over Belinelli. It was simply me pointing out how flawed your argument was, so don't get bent over it.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    But you didn't prove a point, not even close. You showed 9 bad games and 6 good games of them together. That's not a proven point, especially since it's a small sample size. And especially because maybe it was Rose that was shooting like crap the majority of those games, which you didn't bother showing either. Idk what this argument has become, because I never said I want Rip here for the long-haul or that I want Rip starting over Belinelli. It was simply me pointing out how flawed your argument was, so don't get bent over it.
    No because the argument was me saying that rose and Hamilton didn't have that many good shooting games the games they played together.

    It was never about who was the one missing the shots. The argument was simply about how bad they shot the ball when on the court with each other. Maybe they could mesh but at the same time they won't have a training camp together yet again. They won't click any better this year because we don't even know how rose will play when he returns. If we wait till next year, that's another year on an already old man in terms of basketball.

    Oh and I like how the whole argument started over me saying Marco and cook are better fits beside rose than rip and then you just came back and said what I have said the whole time. Nice, a day of wasted post.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,176
    vCash
    56587
    Your argument was essentially that Rose/Rip are bad fits together, which you provided very little reasoning for. And they honestly didn't shoot that poorly. For the 15-game sample you gave us, they shot a combined 192/447 which is 42.9%.

    Factor in that the premise of your argument was they provide zero spacing, and showed field goal attempts without distinguishing which of those shots were missed and how many of them were in the paint, and your whole argument is still so sub-par that I would agree with you -- -you wasted a lot of posts on something you never grasped let alone proved.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Yup' I saw us in 2010-2011 with bogans, Watson, butler, korver, pargo, and lucas. Withbrewer as the defensive stopper. Looks like a bunch of spot up shooters to me. Oh and weren't we top in the league too?

    Oh and Deng,booze, and Noah weren't playing on the level they are playing now when we had all of the shooters.

    And I never said they couldn't mesh I just said Marco and cook are better fits beside rose than rip is. And then I went on to show that they only had a few bright spots together but had a lot of bad outings shooting wise.
    So why didnt we beat the Heat? Oh because Rose didn't have any help from the SG because they were spot up shooters.

    We don't need a spot up shooter, we need someone that can put pressure on the other teams defense and Rip does that and so did Kyle Korver. Rip and Korver both go through screen after screen after screen which causes to double teams or mismatches which they can pass out of and pass off to Boozer or Noah for an easy 2. How many times have we seen Korver and Rip do that time after time?

    With a spot up shooter, we're essentially playing 4 on 5 again, especially if the spot up shooter is cold which pretty much makes them worthless. When Bogans was cold, it was Rose pretty much taking on the heavy lifting to compensate Bogans bad play. If Rose has a bad game along with our SG, then there is a good chance we lose. But if Rose has a bad game and we have a SG that can do more then spot up like Rip, there is a good chance we will win like in game 1 of last years playoffs where:

    Rip went 19pts 4 assists that game where he went 6 for 7.
    Rose went 23pts 9 assits and 9 rebounds where he shot 9 for 23.

    Even if Rose had a bad game offensively, he can trust a guy like Rip to go off.

    A player like Bogans or DC won't give you an offensive burst like that unless they are really hot.

    Rip also went to the freethrow line and went 6 for 6 because he can at least attack the rim because defenders respect his mid game. A spot up shooter will rarely go to the line which is another disadvantage.

    Rip started 28 games last year and they went 21-7 with him playing.

    Oh and didn't we finish with the best record in the league last year as well?
    Last edited by effen5; 01-08-2013 at 05:49 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    So why didnt we beat the Heat? Oh because Rose didn't have any help from the SG because they were spot up shooters.

    We don't need a spot up shooter, we need someone that can put pressure on the other teams defense and Rip does that and so did Kyle Korver. Rip and Korver both go through screen after screen after screen which causes to double teams or mismatches which they can pass out of and pass off to Boozer or Noah for an easy 2. How many times have we seen Korver and Rip do that time after time?

    With a spot up shooter, we're essentially playing 4 on 5 again, especially if the spot up shooter is cold which pretty much makes them worthless. When Bogans was cold, it was Rose pretty much taking on the heavy lifting to compensate Bogans bad play. If Rose has a bad game along with our SG, then there is a good chance we lose. But if Rose has a bad game and we have a SG that can do more then spot up like Rip, there is a good chance we will win like in game 1 of last years playoffs where:

    Rip went 19pts 4 assists that game where he went 6 for 7.
    Rose went 23pts 9 assits and 9 rebounds where he shot 9 for 23.

    Even if Rose had a bad game offensively, he can trust a guy like Rip to go off.

    A player like Bogans or DC won't give you an offensive burst like that unless they are really hot.

    Rip also went to the freethrow line and went 6 for 6 because he can at least attack the rim because defenders respect his mid game. A spot up shooter will rarely go to the line which is another disadvantage.

    Rip started 28 games last year and they went 21-7 with him playing.

    Oh and didn't we finish with the best record in the league last year as well?
    Haha your funny...... Now tell me again what exactly did boozer and Noah do to help rose in the ECF? I'm confused because I had no clue that boozer, Noah and Deng were playing so well that it all came down to the 2 guard. I apologize.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •