Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81

Thread: So..........

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    That with rip being on the court. The floor isn't spread out enough for rip and rose to thrive.the only 3 point threat in our starting lineup is Deng and he is average. So now rose, rip, boozer, and Noah are all down inside the 3pt line making it difficult to get driving lanes and open mid range.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,499
    vCash
    54192
    Rip Hamilton has shot 37.7% with the Bulls from 3 point land. Since Rip has come over, Deng has shot 34.8% from three point land.

    So how is Rip not a good enough 3 point shooter next to Rose to spread the floor, yet you mention how Deng is a 3-pt threat when he's actually less of a threat than Hamilton is?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,499
    vCash
    54192
    Furthermore, last season the lineup of Rose/Hamilton/Deng/Boozer/Noah was the 3rd best group on the floor for the Bulls all season in terms of +/-, total minutes, and win%.

    http://www.82games.com/1112/1112CHI2.HTM


    ** i'm fine with using +/- here because it isn't limited to a single individual, but gives insight on how a 5-man group performed against the given competition -- and when factoring in that competition was almost always the other teams' starting lineups, it's actually insightful here and shows that it's not simply about Rose/Rip working, but how Rip makes everyone else better as well.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Rip Hamilton has shot 37.7% with the Bulls from 3 point land. Since Rip has come over, Deng has shot 34.8% from three point land.

    So how is Rip not a good enough 3 point shooter next to Rose to spread the floor, yet you mention how Deng is a 3-pt threat when he's actually less of a threat than Hamilton is?
    Lol rip averages 1 3pt attempt a game. Are you seriously going to tell me he is a threat?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,499
    vCash
    54192
    Are you seriously going to use a 15 game sample when neither player was completely healthy at the time and were thrown together in a condensed season without any training camp?

    you throw **** at a wall, i'll throw my **** on top of it. Although my **** actually has some correlation than raw fg% and shots thrown up (with no distinguishing numbers to tell who played well that game, Rose or Rip === easily could've been Rose sucking at shooting the ball the majority of those games too man).

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Are you seriously going to use a 15 game sample when neither player was completely healthy at the time and were thrown together in a condensed season without any training camp?

    you throw **** at a wall, i'll throw my **** on top of it. Although my **** actually has some correlation than raw fg% and shots thrown up (with no distinguishing numbers to tell who played well that game, Rose or Rip === easily could've been Rose sucking at shooting the ball the majority of those games too man).
    So its OK for you to use a small sample for your argument but its wrong for me to?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,685
    vCash
    1500
    umm dummm

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    QUOTE=Shammyguy3;25013173]Are you seriously going to use a 15 game sample when neither player was completely healthy at the time and were thrown together in a condensed season without any training camp?

    you throw **** at a wall, i'll throw my **** on top of it. Although my **** actually has some correlation than raw fg% and shots thrown up (with no distinguishing numbers to tell who played well that game, Rose or Rip === easily could've been Rose sucking at shooting the ball the majority of those games too man).[/QUOTE]

    Isn't that the point? Regardless of who it is the reason for that is because there is no floor spacing. And news flash everybody in the NBA had a condensed season so don't use that excuse. It really is old and tired, and I'm talking about the excuse not rip.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,499
    vCash
    54192
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    So its OK for you to use a small sample for your argument but its wrong for me to?
    You should look at your mirror and repeat that sentence, because you're the one that retorted with a "you serious?" comment when i issued a small sample size. It's fine to use a small sample size, but your sample size has so many pigeon holes in it, holes in which you didn't bother admitting and instead retorted to belligerently bringing up Rip's 1 attempt per game...

    Which isn't correct. Rip has attempted 1.47 3-pt attempts a game as a Bull, and spread out over a per36 grid that would equate to 2.10 attempts beyond the arc. In comparison, over the past two seasons Deng has attempted 3.18 three point attempts per36 minutes played. So that's 1.08 more attempts, but at 34.78% Deng only makes 1.106 threes a game. Compare that number to Rip Hamilton's 37.68% from three point land, and he makes 0.7913 three pointers a game.

    Deng making 1.106 threes a game = 3.318 points per 36 minutes beyond the arc
    Rip making 0.7913s a game = 2.374 points per 36 minutes beyond the arc.

    So, is that -0.944 points per game from beyond the arc truly that big of a difference (actually in favor of Hamilton, mind you) to state Deng's a three point threat but Rip isn't? Especially considering Deng takes far more attempts within 10 feet than Rip does per36 minutes as well.

    *** Rip's played 25.17 minutes per game as a Bull



    In conclusion, Rip's a better 3 point shooter than Deng and always has been. Saying Deng's a threat but excluding Rip in the same motion is stupid and wrong. And using such a small sample size to say Rose/Rip don't work well together (when in actuality that Rose/Rip/Deng/Booz/JoNo lineup is really good for the Bulls) is inaccurate.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,557
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Lol rip averages 1 3pt attempt a game. Are you seriously going to tell me he is a threat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Are you seriously going to use a 15 game sample when neither player was completely healthy at the time and were thrown together in a condensed season without any training camp?

    you throw **** at a wall, i'll throw my **** on top of it. Although my **** actually has some correlation than raw fg% and shots thrown up (with no distinguishing numbers to tell who played well that game, Rose or Rip === easily could've been Rose sucking at shooting the ball the majority of those games too man).


    Fellas fellas fellas! No need to fight. Atleast Rip is playing well enough to help win games and it's good to have 2 completely different SGs with different types of styles on the roster that can score and the opposing teams don't know what to expect from our SG position. Just be glad that we don't have that punk *** bogans around here.

    BULLS ZORD

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    You should look at your mirror and repeat that sentence, because you're the one that retorted with a "you serious?" comment when i issued a small sample size. It's fine to use a small sample size, but your sample size has so many pigeon holes in it, holes in which you didn't bother admitting and instead retorted to belligerently bringing up Rip's 1 attempt per game...

    Which isn't correct. Rip has attempted 1.47 3-pt attempts a game as a Bull, and spread out over a per36 grid that would equate to 2.10 attempts beyond the arc. In comparison, over the past two seasons Deng has attempted 3.18 three point attempts per36 minutes played. So that's 1.08 more attempts, but at 34.78% Deng only makes 1.106 threes a game. Compare that number to Rip Hamilton's 37.68% from three point land, and he makes 0.7913 three pointers a game.

    Deng making 1.106 threes a game = 3.318 points per 36 minutes beyond the arc
    Rip making 0.7913s a game = 2.374 points per 36 minutes beyond the arc.

    So, is that -0.944 points per game from beyond the arc truly that big of a difference (actually in favor of Hamilton, mind you) to state Deng's a three point threat but Rip isn't? Especially considering Deng takes far more attempts within 10 feet than Rip does per36 minutes as well.

    *** Rip's played 25.17 minutes per game as a Bull



    In conclusion, Rip's a better 3 point shooter than Deng and always has been. Saying Deng's a threat but excluding Rip in the same motion is stupid and wrong. And using such a small sample size to say Rose/Rip don't work well together (when in actuality that Rose/Rip/Deng/Booz/JoNo lineup is really good for the Bulls) is inaccurate.
    That's BC Deng shoots 3 or 4 of them a game compared to rips 1. But I like your man crush on rip.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    And rip tonight 0 attempts from 3. Bellinelli gave us rip numbers yet again. No drop off from him to rip.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,499
    vCash
    54192
    It's not a man crush on rip. And I just broke down both player's production from behind the arc on an even playing field, all of which you didn't show.

    It's not a man-crush on anyone, it's simply the fact that your argument was poor and statements off base and I wanted to show everyone on here (both users and viewers) why you're wrong. Mmmkay?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    It's not a man crush on rip. And I just broke down both player's production from behind the arc on an even playing field, all of which you didn't show.

    It's not a man-crush on anyone, it's simply the fact that your argument was poor and statements off base and I wanted to show everyone on here (both users and viewers) why you're wrong. Mmmkay?
    Smh I proved my point that when rose and rip are on the court they don't mesh not even a little. Yes its a man crush on rip. Rip has averaged 1-2 3pt attempts his whole career and I'm glad he hits the 1 3pt shot he takes a game but we need real 3pt shooters.
    Oh and belinelli isn't afraid to go to the basket. I'm sorry but if rip isn't gone this year he will be next year.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    13,936
    vCash
    1500
    Belinelli has been a nice player for us, he looks like a good option for a SG next to rose and I have been impressed by his effort defensivly, still lacking but in comparison to korver, ill take Marcos Defense for a loss of about 3% shooting from 3.

    one question for everyone though, When I look at Marco, he looks almost chubby in his uniform, and just not like an athlete at all. anyone else see this as well ???


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •