Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Transporter: The Series

Anybody watch this or know anyone that has? I want to give it a shot but if its not as good as the movie I don't want to even bother. Just thought I'd get some opinions first before I started. Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transporter:_The_Series

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Luc Besson is an extremely hit or miss producer / pitcher / writer / director. This is one film project of his that was a very serious miss. If you like cheesy action with over the top circumstances and a very serious amount of suspension of disbelief necessary, this might be for you. There is nothing really redeeming about this series that consists mostly of boring chase sequences, redundant action genre cliches and laughable (in a bad way) dialogue. The one-liners are embarrassing, and Jason Statham is in his machismo-tough-guy-who-forgot-how-to-act form.

The first one is definitely worth a watch if you're in the mood for a cheesy action movie, but they go seriously downhill after that. If it wasn't for Bruce Willis, Timothy Olyphant and Justin Long, and if it wasn't a script adapted into a Die Hard movie, I would say that the first one is on-par with Live Free or Die Hard. However, the charm of Die Hard and John McClane is still present in Live Free, so Live Free is much better than the first Transporter.

I'd suggest giving it a pass.

vCash
    Thanks for the input. Ive seen the movies, and I must say, I've enjoyed the sequels more than the first one. But if it's the same creator/producer person I think it's worth taking a look at, at least for the first episode. If I don't like it I can always stop it..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    didnt even know they made this into a show
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    didnt even know they made this into a show
    watched the first few minutes of the first show and it looks promising. i wasnt about to fall asleep while watching so i flipped it off.

it had the car chases lol...but as long as there is a hot girl thats easy on the eyes then i dont mind.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP