Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,025
    vCash
    1500
    Brayden Schenn looks primed to start the season on the top line with Hartnell and Giroux now. Voracek down to the third line with Couturier. 2nd line seems to be a mystery currently.

    Voracek also, apparently a little out of shape. Nothing awful, just a few pounds.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    2,272
    vCash
    500
    ^Could that be due to the injury he (Voracek) had? Or was that long enough ago that maybe he just got lazy when he came back to the states?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    i'd like the flyers to try to trade for Luca Sbisa back ... put him with Grossmann or Schenn

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    637
    vCash
    1500
    Should be an interesting week of camp. Can't wait to see the opening night line up. Plus I don't think the line up will remain the same through all 48 games.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    623
    vCash
    1500
    That pic of Pronger teaching Luke Schenn is awesome. I hope once his career is "officially" over, he stays around the organization.

    Cant wait for this weekend.
    Don't let this face fool you...

    #28

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Brayden Schenn looks primed to start the season on the top line with Hartnell and Giroux now. Voracek down to the third line with Couturier. 2nd line seems to be a mystery currently.

    Voracek also, apparently a little out of shape. Nothing awful, just a few pounds.
    damn, shame about Voracek, he's a hell of a passer. But I like moving Schenn to there, lets see what hes got for an offensive game. If you dont get points lined up next to Giroux AND with Hartnell taking care of the dirty work, than theres something wrong

    I guess the 2nd line is Simmonds - Read - ???no idea???


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ten Minutes from Cholly's hometown
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    damn, shame about Voracek, he's a hell of a passer. But I like moving Schenn to there, lets see what hes got for an offensive game. If you dont get points lined up next to Giroux AND with Hartnell taking care of the dirty work, than theres something wrong

    I guess the 2nd line is Simmonds - Read - ???no idea???
    I agree on the Schenn logic. I have been a little disappointed with what I've seen of him. Regardless of the lack of points, he just never looked special with the puck on his stick last year. That said, if they're depending on him to do big things, no better way to see if he's capable than putting him on the first line. I also think that Voracek plays a very similar game to Giroux, and so I'm not sure how well they'd really compliment each other.

    On that second line, they're either (1) banking on Briere being able to play, (2) working with these lines now so that they can insert Briere when he's ready, but in the meantime will switch them again before the weekend, or (3) plan on playing Rusty there (?)

    In any case, is that still really the second line at that point, or does the Couts line become number 2 by default?

    Learning to love the bomb since 2009

    Phils, Eagles, Flyers

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    I agree on the Schenn logic. I have been a little disappointed with what I've seen of him. Regardless of the lack of points, he just never looked special with the puck on his stick last year. That said, if they're depending on him to do big things, no better way to see if he's capable than putting him on the first line. I also think that Voracek plays a very similar game to Giroux, and so I'm not sure how well they'd really compliment each other.

    On that second line, they're either (1) banking on Briere being able to play, (2) working with these lines now so that they can insert Briere when he's ready, but in the meantime will switch them again before the weekend, or (3) plan on playing Rusty there (?)

    In any case, is that still really the second line at that point, or does the Couts line become number 2 by default?

    schenn showed a lot of flash last year but wasn't consistent ... in his 3 or so very good games, he was dominant ... hopefully the confidence will be there after last years penguins series, and he is apparently in really good shape ... hopefully has a huge year ... i also like that schenn is a big boy with some grit to help hartnell protect G... least we forget... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1kBJ6pEJTM

    secondly ... couts on the 2nd line intrigues me ... voracek-couturier-simmonds is a damn good line too ... great defensively and everyone is 6'2'' + ... that line can play against anyone and still be a threat to score ...

    briere coming back is going to cause some fun problems with where he fits ... at this point, maybe he is in on all powerplays but sees like 3rd line minutes ... have to keep him around for the playoffs though, you can't teach clutch

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    I agree on the Schenn logic. I have been a little disappointed with what I've seen of him. Regardless of the lack of points, he just never looked special with the puck on his stick last year. That said, if they're depending on him to do big things, no better way to see if he's capable than putting him on the first line. I also think that Voracek plays a very similar game to Giroux, and so I'm not sure how well they'd really compliment each other.

    On that second line, they're either (1) banking on Briere being able to play, (2) working with these lines now so that they can insert Briere when he's ready, but in the meantime will switch them again before the weekend, or (3) plan on playing Rusty there (?)

    In any case, is that still really the second line at that point, or does the Couts line become number 2 by default?
    A definite no on Briere being able to play. Broken wrist has him confirmed out at least 2 games. But Fedotenko on the 2nd line is sadly probably correct. I rather have Wellwood on there but hey just 2 games.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    schenn showed a lot of flash last year but wasn't consistent ... in his 3 or so very good games, he was dominant ... hopefully the confidence will be there after last years penguins series, and he is apparently in really good shape ... hopefully has a huge year ... i also like that schenn is a big boy with some grit to help hartnell protect G... least we forget... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1kBJ6pEJTM
    When it comes to protecting Giroux, Schenn is the perfect athlete for the city of brotherly love. I believe he shoved around Chara when he didnt like a hit Chara put on one of his teammates, and then another time dropped gloves with Kovy to defend his teammate. Schenn doesn't care if he will get killed in a fight, he just stands up for his guys. Brayden, you came to the right town


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ten Minutes from Cholly's hometown
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    Lines in today's practice:

    Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
    Talbot-Couturier-Voracek
    Simmonds-Laughton-Read
    Fedotenko-Wellwood-Rinaldo

    Timmonen-Schenn
    Coburn-Grossmann
    Meszaros-Foster
    Gervais-Lilja

    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...nto-focus.html

    I guess the question is what happens when Briere comes back. I see either Briere centering the second line, Couts dropping to the 3rd (or Briere replacing Laughton on the third line), and Laughton going back to juniors,
    or
    If Laughton really impresses, Briere could join the second line on the wing, and Talbot centers either the third line (with Laughton dropping to four) or fourth line. In that case, Wellwood or Rinaldo is scratched.

    Learning to love the bomb since 2009

    Phils, Eagles, Flyers

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    Lines in today's practice:

    Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
    Talbot-Couturier-Voracek
    Simmonds-Laughton-Read
    Fedotenko-Wellwood-Rinaldo

    Timmonen-Schenn
    Coburn-Grossmann
    Meszaros-Foster
    Gervais-Lilja

    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...nto-focus.html

    I guess the question is what happens when Briere comes back. I see either Briere centering the second line, Couts dropping to the 3rd (or Briere replacing Laughton on the third line), and Laughton going back to juniors,
    or
    If Laughton really impresses, Briere could join the second line on the wing, and Talbot centers either the third line (with Laughton dropping to four) or fourth line. In that case, Wellwood or Rinaldo is scratched.

    wow are those some weird lines. right away i'd say talbot and simmonds are switched, BUT those might be [and probably are] purpose built lines for Pittsburgh (in which case, i'd say Lavy just about nailed it. The only defensive liability is Hartnell, and he'll be on the ice with two incredible defensive centers)

    The way every line is designed, they are shut-down lines. Each line can go out there against a line of Malkin - Crosby- Oveckin and play them well. Its the first game of the season, best time to experiment

    after the first 2 games, Id imagine we'd see
    Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
    Simmonds-Briere-Voracek
    Talbot-Couturier-Read
    Fedotenko-Laughton-Rinaldo

    and with line 3 or 4, whoever seems to not be playing well (besides Couts) will get replaced by Wellwood, even if just temporarily
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-16-2013 at 04:51 PM.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,905
    vCash
    1500
    side note, its incredible that there will be 20,000 people at a damn practice. How many teams in the NHL could have pulled that off? Even better is if they were instead $10 tickets (all going to Hurricane Sandy charity or something) I know it would still be sold out.
    I would have gone if I could get to Philly in time after work. Anybody on here going?


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •