Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I find it hard to believe that GMs around the league didn't know that the cap would be decreasing next season. We might see some crazy maneuvering going on this off-season, but all the teams that signed players to big contracts last summer knew what they were getting themselves into.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    with the cap going down significantly next season, many teams will need to either dump salaries or buyout salaries, making a lot of guys available. I bet Tampa is regretting giving Carle 5.5 million, and Calgary giving Wideman 5.25. Not to mention Minnesota spending almost 25% of their cap on 2 players. And Pittsburgh spending literally 50% of their cap on 5 players. Should be a VERYY interesting offseason
    And everyone thought they were going to get parise

what a joke

lol bryz

vCash
    According to the Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News, they expect Schenn to open the season as the 2nd line pivot, with Briere and Simmonds on his wings, and says that Scotty Laughton has a chance to make the NHL roster out of camp (and has been recalled for training camp).
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    According to the Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News, they expect Schenn to open the season as the 2nd line pivot, with Briere and Simmonds on his wings, and says that Scotty Laughton has a chance to make the NHL roster out of camp (and has been recalled for training camp).
    wow didnt expect that at all from Laughton. Maybe the Flyers think theres no better way to learn physical 2way hockey than against the best. Gotta think they would never do that with a sniper or playmaker. Sure seemed to work with Couts, even Read

And Schenn at center with Briere at wing is the best thing I've heard all day
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Just read on CSNPhilly that the Flyers are on the verge of signing Kurtis Foster. Thoughts?

vCash
    wow didnt expect that at all from Laughton. Maybe the Flyers think theres no better way to learn physical 2way hockey than against the best. Gotta think they would never do that with a sniper or playmaker. Sure seemed to work with Couts, even Read

And Schenn at center with Briere at wing is the best thing I've heard all day
    My guess is that Laughton takes over Couturier's job from last year as our fourth line center, while Max Talbot plays wing on the 3rd line with Read and Couturier.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I have to believe that Laughton will be on the roster only as long as Briere is out. I haven't seen him play yet, and it's possible he wows everyone like Couts did last year, but it seems like a waste to lose a year of his ELC in a shortened season.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Why am I NOT surprised we play Shittsburg opening day???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    My guess is that Laughton takes over Couturier's job from last year as our fourth line center, while Max Talbot plays wing on the 3rd line with Read and Couturier.
    So i guess a 4th line of Fedotenko - Laughton - Rinaldo is looking like its gonna happen. Which pisses me off because who wouldnt rather have Wellwood there over Fedotenko?... I guess the point of Fedotenko is to make sure Matt Read and Couts never have to worry about 4th line minutes again.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-13-2013 at 12:19 AM.

vCash
    Opening day lines??

Hartnell-Giroux-Vorcek
    Read-Schenn-Simmons
    Talbot–Couts-Fedotenko
    Wellwood-Laughton-Rinaldo

Timonen-Schenn
    Coburn-Grossman
    Gervais-Mezaros/Foster/Lilja

What's your thoughts??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    Opening day lines??

Hartnell-Giroux-Vorcek
    Read-Schenn-Simmons
    Talbot–Couts-Fedotenko

Timonen-Schenn
    Coburn-Grossman

What's your thoughts??
    just a side note here, besides Hartnell, every forward on this team is an Excellent 2way/defensive player. Mostly thanks to the departures of Jagr, JVR, and Briere injury.

And I agree with Timonen and Schenn pairing up. Coburn was once a liability on this team, and after 2/3 seasons playing with Timonen he really wised up his decision making and play. Be nice if Schenn spends the season with Timonen and we hopefully see the same effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    Opening day lines??

Hartnell-Giroux-Vorcek
    Read-Schenn-Simmons
    Talbot–Couts-Fedotenko

Timonen-Schenn
    Coburn-Grossman

What's your thoughts??
    Really depends on Briere's wrist.

Don't forget he was playing with it. He may just be fine.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    with the cap going down significantly next season, many teams will need to either dump salaries or buyout salaries, making a lot of guys available. I bet Tampa is regretting giving Carle 5.5 million, and Calgary giving Wideman 5.25. Not to mention Minnesota spending almost 25% of their cap on 2 players. And Pittsburgh spending literally 50% of their cap on 5 players. Should be a VERYY interesting offseason
    While Pittsburgh has spent 32,400,000 on 5 of there players. Philly has spent 25,666,667 on there top 5 players (this does not include pronger). If you look a little deeper, Pens signed players total 15 for next season. The Flyers is at 16. The cap will be 64,300,000 for both teams. The teams payroll will be Pens 56,300,000 Flyers 59,810,000. The cap payroll (amount that counts against the cap) will be Pens 52,583,333 the Flyers will be 57,473,095. Bonuses will be Pens 0 Flyers 2,800,000 for a total cap space of Pens 11,716,667 and Flyers 6,826,905. These numbers are from cap geek and do include pronger. Both Philly and the Pens both have major pieces to be resigned in Giroux and Malkin after 2013-2014. Giroux will be do a bigger raise than Malkin, with Giroux at 3,750,000 and Malkin already counting for 8,700,000. This not take into account any retirements or buy outs. That being said next off season could get very interesting for alot of teams.

Good luck and cant wait for Saturday both teams should have great seasons and be contenders for the cup.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    1. While Pittsburgh has spent 32,400,000 on 5 of there players. Philly has spent 25,666,667 on there top 5 players (this does not include pronger). If you look a little deeper, 2. Pens signed players total 15 for next season. The Flyers is at 16. The cap will be 64,300,000 for both teams. The teams payroll will be Pens 56,300,000 Flyers 59,810,000. The cap payroll (amount that counts against the cap) will be Pens 52,583,333 the Flyers will be 57,473,095. Bonuses will be Pens 0 Flyers 2,800,000 for a total cap space of Pens 11,716,667 and Flyers 6,826,905. These numbers are from cap geek and do include pronger. 3. Both Philly and the Pens both have major pieces to be resigned in Giroux and Malkin after 2013-2014. Giroux will be do a bigger raise than Malkin, with Giroux at 3,750,000 and Malkin already counting for 8,700,000. This not take into account any retirements or buy outs. That being said next off season could get very interesting for alot of teams.

Good luck and cant wait for Saturday both teams should have great seasons and be contenders for the cup.
    1. and thats less...

2. difference is with those 16 players, The Flyers have a bunch of high profile/key players signed up long term contracts, with exception to the 3 centers. Penguins have just 2 forwards signed beyond next season

3. Like you said doesn't include buyouts, but Flyers will most likely buyout Briere to sign Giroux, And use the Timonen money on Schenn/Couturier

Also remember all these numbers are with Letang not getting his payday yet. Sucks for him he'll be getting it after this CBA, because he would of wanted near Karlsson money

Should be an interesting game. Looking forward to seeing how Pitts defense and their 2way hockey looks (with the departures of Staal and Michalek)

vCash
    great pick of Pronger teaching some things to Luke Schenn at the Flyers training facility today (taken from Flyers' facebook)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...39426544_n.jpg

Listen up Schenn, we're banking on you learning and adapting a style-of-play from this guy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast