Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Makes a lot more sense than the Flyers being interested in acquiring Luongo themselves, regardless of how many reporters tweeted about the Flyers having interest in him.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orakpo0826 View Post
    http://fansided.com/2013/01/10/repor...de-for-luongo/

Dont know how legit this is, but with the rumor of flyers interest in Luongo here is something that says there are talks of a 3 way deal with Toronto,Vancouver, and Philly with Luongo heading to Toronto. Again I dont think there is to much here but I figured I pass it along.

That definitely makes more sense. Here is a completely hypothetical scenario:
    Vancouver - sends - Loungo to Toronto
    Flyers - send - 2nd round pick to Vancouver
    Toronto - sends - a defenseman to Flyers, and a 2nd round pick to Vancouver

(Insert prospects where needed to balance, as most blockbuster trades do)

hmmmmmmm. Flyers could use a offensive defensman and thats really it... Since they lost Carle and didnt get Weber. Maybe John-Michael Liles or less likely Jake Gardiner ...? Strictly as Mez/Timonen insurance, thats the only possibility I see. And I dont really think Toronto wants to part with them, but if that deal might be enough for Toronto to get their guy, they'd probably do it. Really seems like a win win for everyone. Unless someone is trying to dump salary as their motive, then everything is out the window

Flyers could also use a scoring Winger, but since Toronto just traded for JVR, they obviously just had the same need
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post

hmmmmmmm. Flyers could use a offensive defensman and thats really it... Since they lost Carle and didnt get Weber. Maybe John-Michael Liles or less likely Jake Gardiner ...? Strictly as Mez/Timonen insurance, thats the only possibility I see. And I dont really think Toronto wants to part with them, but if that deal might be enough for Toronto to get their guy, they'd probably do it. Really seems like a win win for everyone. Unless someone is trying to dump salary as their motive, then everything is out the window

Flyers could also use a scoring Winger, but since Toronto just traded for JVR, they obviously just had the same need

kesler's value has never been lower and the flyers have coveted him for a long time ...

just saying ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b:25051151

kesler's value has never been lower and the flyers have coveted him for a long time ...

just saying ...
    His value has never been lower? Did he lead the league in points for more than half the season last year?

vCash
    In case you forgot, Toronto already sent us a defenseman. I don't think they're sending another one.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    His value has never been lower? Did he lead the league in points for more than half the season last year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Kesler

he is now 3 years removed from his best season (10-11) where he had 75 points ... which is his career high ... just 75 points

last year, in 77 games before being shutdown for the playoffs, he only had 49 points

he is injured right now and has an undetermined time table for return, coming off his 3rd shoulder surgury

Kesler is a great two way forward, but at this point in his career, he is a 2nd line center and not getting any younger ...
    Last edited by castan_b; 01-11-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: grammar

vCash
    Are you thinking of Phil Kessel?

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    Are you thinking of Phil Kessel?
    ohhhhhh haha yea mybad, I thought it was a typo because Kesler is on Vancouver, and for a trade to be rational, we'd be getting someone from Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    In case you forgot, Toronto already sent us a defenseman. I don't think they're sending another one.
    no ******* sherlock. I actually had in my original post that we just got a defenseman from them, but I edited it out because its common sense and didnt need to be said. Truth is its all we need right now and the only thing worth trading for. And last year everyone was raving how Toronto had such a deep defensive core with 7 starters or something
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 01-11-2013 at 09:04 AM.

vCash
    It makes sense that Toronto is shallow at offense and goaltending, and stacked at defense. And Vancouver is also good on D and wants offense back. I could see a deal that Toronto would send Reimer and Liles to Philly and a 1st to Vancouver, Philly would send Read, Wellwood, & Leighton to Vancouver, and Vancouver send Loungo to Toronto.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    my prediction for this year is we get the necessary experience needed for the 2013/2014 season, which is when we will win the cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    It makes sense that Toronto is shallow at offense and goaltending, and stacked at defense. And Vancouver is also good on D and wants offense back. I could see a deal that Toronto would send Reimer and Liles to Philly and a 1st to Vancouver, Philly would send Read, Wellwood, & Leighton to Vancouver, and Vancouver send Loungo to Toronto.
    I like that trade but maybe someone other than reimer. I dont really want him.
    Wecould sign roloson for backup duties

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    my prediction for this year is we get the necessary experience needed for the 2013/2014 season, which is when we will win the cup
    boy i hope so

lol bryz

vCash
    Flyers go 26-20-4, get the 6th seed, beat the Caps in the first round, and lose to the Rangers in the 2nd

Then we buyout Bryz and get a top Goalie and Defender in the off-season.

vCash
    It'll certainly be interesting as the season progresses.

I think we're in for the 4-6th seed. I also think a lot will depend on the maturation of Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn and Sean Couturier. If those three take steps forward we could contend for the Atlantic.

Just remember, there about 2 years ago, everyone and their mother was concerned about another Brayden, Brayden Coburn on this team. I also think it's quite safe to say he's easily our second best defensemen today and someone I really trust on the ice. Luke Schenn can make those steps himself.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Flyers go 26-20-4, get the 6th seed, beat the Caps in the first round, and lose to the Rangers in the 2nd

Then we buyout Bryz and get a top Goalie and Defender in the off-season.
    with the cap going down significantly next season, many teams will need to either dump salaries or buyout salaries, making a lot of guys available. I bet Tampa is regretting giving Carle 5.5 million, and Calgary giving Wideman 5.25. Not to mention Minnesota spending almost 25% of their cap on 2 players. And Pittsburgh spending literally 50% of their cap on 5 players. Should be a VERYY interesting offseason

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast