Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Flyers Season Prediction Thread

ill post mine tomorrow. had soccer game at 9 pm and im tired.

Couts will score 10 goals and have 25-30 points
    Last edited by Claude28Giroux; 01-07-2013 at 01:30 AM.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    ill post mine tomorrow. had soccer game at 9 pm and im tired.

Couts will score 10 goals and have 25-30 points
    If they put Briere on the wing with Giroux and Hartnell, and let Couts center the 2nd line with Schenn and Simmonds/Voracek, than It would be a real possibility. I'm really hoping for that, Briere does not fit the mold of a Lavy center and it drives me nuts, but I doubt it ever will.

I'm not gonna predict stats but more of the all around future. I predict Bryz is average, Leighton is terrible, Defense is more physical (finally), but the offense doesnt score enough goals to make up for the goaltending or developing defensemen (Gus, Manning, and even Schenn), so this team finished 7th and loses playoffs in the first round. With Schenn, Schenn, Couts, Read, Simmonds, Voracek, Gus, Manning, you have a lot of younger guys that arent fully developed and need some time/experience as a unit. This lockout hurts the Flyers big time for that reason. Just hope Homer has patience and lets them work it out instead of a Patrick Kane trade or something stupid

Maybe next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    If they put Briere on the wing with Giroux and Hartnell, and let Couts center the 2nd line with Schenn and Simmonds/Voracek, than It would be a real possibility. I'm really hoping for that, Briere does not fit the mold of a Lavy center and it drives me nuts, but I doubt it ever will.

I'm not gonna predict stats but more of the all around future. I predict Bryz is average, Leighton is terrible, Defense is more physical (finally), but the offense doesnt score enough goals to make up for the goaltending or developing defensemen (Gus, Manning, and even Schenn), so this team finished 7th and loses playoffs in the first round. With Schenn, Schenn, Couts, Read, Simmonds, Voracek, Gus, Manning, you have a lot of younger guys that arent fully developed and need some time/experience as a unit. This lockout hurts the Flyers big time for that reason. Just hope Homer has patience and lets them work it out instead of a Patrick Kane trade or something stupid

Maybe next year.
    I agree with everything here except i think our offense can still score. We lost jagr and the young guys may improve enough to make our offense a top 10/ top 5(we were 2nd or 3rd last year in goals for)
    Ill go and say that we end up facing the maple leafs(with luongo) in the first round and lose in the second.
    Briere gets the amnesty.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    I agree with everything here except i think our offense can still score. We lost jagr and the young guys may improve enough to make our offense a top 10/ top 5(we were 2nd or 3rd last year in goals for)
    Ill go and say that we end up facing the maple leafs(with luongo) in the first round and lose in the second.
    Briere gets the amnesty.
    idk I think for this team to win this season, you're gonna have to count on 3 or 4 goals per game. I'd love to think we can rely on Couts, Schenn, Voracek and Simmonds for 18-20+ goals each (in a full season), but I dont think they're there yet. Schenn is really who I watch to judge how this will go, If he's scoring a goal every 4 games, then I think things will be good.

This team is built to destroy in 2 years if everyone develops accordingly and theres a decent goaltender between the pipes. Anything earlier then that is exceeding expectations for me.

vCash
    The D won't be very good. I predict a tough season for the Flyers.

vCash
    the D isnt that bad.....i wouldnt judge their D the past 2 years with the injuries and the responsibilities/situations we had certain guys in. coburn/grossman pairing is good enough to play with any teams top fwd line.

it falls on mesz and timonen being healthy and how schenn is really

vCash
    I think it depends a lot on how Mez comes back from injury. The D looked a lot better once they got Grossmann, and people did nothing but complain about Carle's play in his own end. I wouldn't necessarily expect vast improvement, but I think they have the potential to be above average at least.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    D has been a lot worse in other years were way above average this year...

All rides on Bryz 100%

We can really gameplay for any team in the league even LAK line for line our offensive defense can beat out their overpowering offense insert 2011 Penguins here

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    im not to confident in the team this year.. pens and rangers got better and we didnt really get better.. the defense is slightly upgraded but it wont be enough to compete for the cup... i think we finish 6th or 7th in the eastern conference and lose in 1st round.. AND IT SUCKS to feel that way

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    im not to confident in the team this year.. pens and rangers got better and we didnt really get better.. the defense is slightly upgraded but it wont be enough to compete for the cup... i think we finish 6th or 7th in the eastern conference and lose in 1st round.. AND IT SUCKS to feel that way
    Don't really see how Pittsburgh got any better. They added no premium players while trading away Staal.

They got some young players for their system. They got a decent player in Suter. But they didn't get any "better" imo. This idea they got "better" is because they cleared a bunch of cap to go after Parise and then...well...whiffed. And with all the cap cutbacks, they really didn't clear much at all.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Don't really see how Pittsburgh got any better. They added no premium players while trading away Staal.

They got some young players for their system. They got a decent player in Suter. But they didn't get any "better" imo. This idea they got "better" is because they cleared a bunch of cap to go after Parise and then...well...whiffed. And with all the cap cutbacks, they really didn't clear much at all.

if they didnt get better i still believe they finish higher than us

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Sounds convincing. But to add more depth...I feel they had a really off year last year. They also did not use Stall properly same thing as Talbot.

MAF was horrid last year and with a healthy Cindy and EM on his tear lately they are a very scary team.

My only hope is they self implode from the inside

But with the youngsters they have up and coming they could be serious contenders. I actually have them going to the SC finals vs LAK

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    nothing against you, but it makes me sick how much espn and nhl hyped up the penguins after the trades/free agency season. They cleared a bunch of cap and dumped players to get Parise or Suter, and got neither.... Only good thing they did was get Vokoun, who they should never need. As far as I'm concerned they are a worse team because they traded the only talented true hockey player/class act they had in Staal

vCash
    It's clear that defense is still an issue, but I've got another question for all of you.

Anybody out there content with what we have now on offense, or would some of you say it needs one last tweak?

vCash
    Our defense isnt the issue imo. The reliability of our defense staying healthy is. Kimmo is soo old and mez has had an injury filled year and a half. If those 2 stay healthy I think we should be a top 5 team in the east. I have faith bryz will put up a solid .910-.915 Briere will be amnesty at the end of the year, they will need the cap space to resign the young guys and we are sooo deep at center.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast