Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post
    Article about McGehee returning. I like the last quote from him:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...erge-of-return
    "We're winning," he told the AP. "My selfish days are over with. It's time to get a ring."
    So this means he's going to hold onto the ball??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    here you go!!!

So around 20 and a chance of snow..
    Smart ***! Anyone can Google a forecast. I want to know what the local meteorologists are saying.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    There is also the expectation that for just the sixth game this season, the Broncos offensive line will be at full strength for their playoff game against the Ravens. Right guard Chris Kuper, who missed the final four games of the regular season after he aggravated his left ankle injury, is expected back. Left tackle Ryan Clady, who sat out last week's practices to rest and heal an undisclosed injury, will also return this week.
    DP

Kuper back?? About time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    It's really hard to believe a team with PFM, coached by Fox, JDR, and company and has a Hall of Famer with no ring in Champ Bailey will not be mentally and physically ready for this.

In the words of Champ "opportunities like this don't come around often." A #1 seed with home field advantage throughout??? You don't get that luxury every other season.

PFM didn't come here just for John Elway...the man knew the AFC West was winnable and that it was his best chance to make the play-offs. Now that he is in the play-offs...the real goal arises.

We have got to take advantage.
    Very good points. I just don't want to see that happen again. In 96 the Bronos had arguably one of the most complete teams ever in the NFL. That offense was stacked and insane, led by a very hungry Elway. Coached by one of the best in the game with coordinators and position coaches of the likes of Kubiak, Robinson and Gibbs.

I am confident that it will not happen, but the depression after that Jags game was deep.

vCash
    Oh that was all kinds of awful but PFM doesn't have much time left. We can't afford those mistakes and luckily we're not facing an opponent that's not suppose to be here. So there is really no excuse of overlooking them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Oh that was all kinds of awful but PFM doesn't have much time left. We can't afford those mistakes and luckily we're not facing an opponent that's not suppose to be here. So there is really no excuse of overlooking them.
    You're absolutely correct. I get a bit on the nervous side when we get to this position. I will not say another single thing about that year. My bad! I had a bit of a relapse.

I have complete confidence in this team and its coaches. Let's go out and dominate the next 3 games.

vCash
    Im very worried about this game. Talent wise we should beat them but the whole revenge factor and the Ray Lewis thing, Ravens are going to be pumped to go out on a high. Plus Rice wont fumble again. Hope the Broncos remember their last AFC divisional round game and use that as motivation to get another crack at the Pats but man i just hope we do enuf to win. I dont care if its 3-0, just win this dang game!!!

vCash
    It's going to be a tough game, they have all their defensive stars playing. This will be no gimme game. Broncos currently favored by 9 points, I see this game coming down to a field goal or a single touchdown. If we can bottle up the run and screen game, we should have the advantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    It's going to be a tough game, they have all their defensive stars playing. This will be no gimme game. Broncos currently favored by 9 points, I see this game coming down to a field goal or a single touchdown. If we can bottle up the run and screen game, we should have the advantage.
    Their screen game and dump offs are what worry me. If their coaches pull their heads out of their *** and realize this is perfect for Rice, it is going to alter our D considerably. Our pass rush will not be near as effective.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    9 points, wow that's high. There is no way that spread will be that way by the end of the week. I would be surprised. I also think it will come down to one score. All of the Ravens players are playing. Let's just keep this momentum going.

vCash
    But every team left in the field will likely run the ball slightly more often than it did in the regular season. And it won't be because they all somehow believe the NFL isn't a passing league any more.

No, it's just the best way to protect your passer.
    DP

That's an easy one for Broncos safety Mike Adams, who in his ninth NFL season will play in his first postseason game this weekend. Adams spent three seasons in San Francisco and five in Cleveland before signing with the Broncos in free agency this past offseason.

Asked if it was difficult to watch others play in the playoffs each January, Adams said, laughing: "It wasn't too hard, because I would be on the beach sipping Mai Tais, watching them guys playing in the snow. Playing in Cleveland, we had the feeling Week 10 or whatever, whatever it was, we knew we weren't going to make the playoffs.

"Mentally, you kind of check out a little bit, you're kind of down, you're not going to play in the playoffs. That's no longer. I'm looking forward to playing in rain, sleet, snow — whatever it is."

San Francisco won two, four and seven games in Adams' time there, while Cleveland won 10, four, five, five and four games in his five seasons. The 10-victory team in 2007 did not make the playoffs because it was swept by the 10-6 Steelers that year, so Pittsburgh won the division title in a tiebreaker.

52 pick-up. Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard, who was the only player in the NFL this season with at least 100 tackles, five sacks and three interceptions, always has said he chose 52 as his jersey number because of Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.
    DP

vCash
    After a Monday conditioning workout and film study, Broncos players dismissed any notion that Baltimore might have a psychological advantage Saturday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in the divisional-round matchup because the visitors have revenge on their minds.

"Definitely, (the Ravens) have a lot to prove, but we still have a lot to prove," Broncos cornerback Chris Harris said Monday. "We know the playoffs are where you make your name. Our goal is to win a Super Bowl, and they're standing in the way of our goal."
    DP

vCash
    Two items:

1. The forecast for Saturday now says a high of 20 and only a 10% chance of snow. So, it looks like a very cold & clear day.

2. If we win the SB, we will be tied for 3rd with NE for the number of SB appearances (7) and wins (3). I thought that was kind of a cool stat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Two items:

1. The forecast for Saturday now says a high of 20 and only a 10% chance of snow. So, it looks like a very cold & clear day.

2. If we win the SB, we will be tied for 3rd with NE for the number of SB appearances (7) and wins (3). I thought that was kind of a cool stat.
    So we'll get to see if those "doctors" that are Raider and other PSD fans prediction on PFM's arm falling off when it gets cold.

What a lovely season that we didn't have to deal with any Raider fans...of course if we lose then we'll magically start seeing them..

vCash
    Denver heads into Saturday's rematch with the Ravens buoyed by several distinct advantages:

1.) They know they're the better team, and if they weren't already sure of that, their Week 15 boatrace job proved it.

2.) This team is loaded with veterans who are quite aware the Ravens are looking at Saturday as a chance to avenge that game.

3.) Having a week off bought Chris Kuper and Ryan Clady time to heal up; the chances of either one not playing would appear slim or nil.

4.) Previously injured key defenders Terrell Suggs (reaggravated Achilles) and Dannell Ellerbe (ankle) were further hobbled during Sunday's win over Indy.

5.) Baltimore faces the triple whammy of a shortened week of preparation combined with a trip up to 5,280 and two time zones over.

That latter quartet of factors could loom even larger than normal.

While it's true the Ravens defense will have back several starters (Ray Lewis, Ellerbe, Bernard Pollard) who had missed the first showdown, it's still an aging, banged up defense. Ed Reed has been playing with a torn shoulder labrum all season, and Haloti Ngata hasn't been healthy either.

They have less time to recover from Sunday, and they will not be given any extra days to acclimate to Denver's altitude or time zone, as they're arriving Friday.

Compare this to how John Fox has handled Denver's early games this year - each time the Broncos encountered a 1pm East Coast kickoff, he had them travel on Friday, two days ahead of time. In the Ravens' case, they are dealing with two factors (time change, altitude) which would each call for an early arrival, and they'll still only be coming to Denver a day before playing.

Combine that with a shortened week against a well-rested Broncos team, and we're looking at what could become a demoralizing and brutal second half on Saturday for Baltimore.
    IAOFM

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast