Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    You cant be serious. We win the Division for the first time in 13 years and your already calling for Shanahans head if we don't do it again? Lets just fire the coach who got us here then go hire some bum from the college ranks to lead us to another losing season.

What coach would you want us to hire? Just look at the coaches being talked about for these other teams. None are better then Shanahan. If we fire Shanahan, we better be able to replace him with someone better.
    Well said!!! back in April no one dared to think we could do any better 6-10 maybe 7-9!!! GREAT YEAR AND HECK OF A JOB DRAFTING AND COACHING!!!! HTTR!!!!

vCash
    I wonder if any teams will be calling Kyle after that egg he just laid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Only mistake shanny made was letting griffin keep playing after the first quarter. Other than that, our defense and butterfinger receivers lost us the game.
    This.

vCash
    Lets not overreact!! When we were 3-6 Shanahan sucked and should be fired.. At 10-6 division champs Shanahan is a COY candidate..

We have been horrible for the greater part of the 2000's. Shanahan has been instrumental in changing the culture of this football team. He has basically built this team from the ground up and has done a good job in the draft.

I am pretty sure nobody had them picked to win the division. I think this year was beyond expectations escpecially with all the injuries. Granted every team deals with the injury bug to a certain extent, but by week 3 we were down 4 starters on defensive. We went from a terrible defense to a pretty solid unit by the end of the year.

RG3 is the ultimate competitor which is part of what makes his so special. He never gives up and will play until his leg falls off which is pretty much what happened. Just a couple of years ago Cutler was crucified for not trying to play with an injury during the playoffs.

Shanahan took the word of his star player. RG3 was clearly injured but refused to come out or even let Dr. Andrews even look at his knee because he knew he wouldn't have been cleared to go back in.

I refuse to place all the blame on shanahan or call for his head. He has done a good job rebuilding this team and the future is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    oh here we go again...i swear the fans on these forums are ridiculous...dont be like eagles and 76ers fans...

the game went downhill because of 2 reasons..
    1. rg3 was in pain and wasnt as effective...
    2. there were crucial drops that killed our best drives when the game was stalling...most notably the 3-7 drop by hankerson in the 4th quarter when the game was still 14-13
    Agree widow....another huge play, with 7:51 to go in the 2nd qtr up 14-3, seattle fumbles and looks like we would have a chance to recover ....then it takes a funny bounce and Lynch picks it up and runs for 20yards...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryAnthony View Post
    Lets not overreact!! When we were 3-6 Shanahan sucked and should be fired.. At 10-6 division champs Shanahan is a COY candidate..

We have been horrible for the greater part of the 2000's. Shanahan has been instrumental in changing the culture of this football team. He has basically built this team from the ground up and has done a good job in the draft.

I am pretty sure nobody had them picked to win the division. I think this year was beyond expectations escpecially with all the injuries. Granted every team deals with the injury bug to a certain extent, but by week 3 we were down 4 starters on defensive. We went from a terrible defense to a pretty solid unit by the end of the year.

RG3 is the ultimate competitor which is part of what makes his so special. He never gives up and will play until his leg falls off which is pretty much what happened. Just a couple of years ago Cutler was crucified for not trying to play with an injury during the playoffs.

Shanahan took the word of his star player. RG3 was clearly injured but refused to come out or even let Dr. Andrews even look at his knee because he knew he wouldn't have been cleared to go back in.

I refuse to place all the blame on shanahan or call for his head. He has done a good job rebuilding this team and the future is bright.
    Welcome and well said Cory

vCash

this

And welcome to the forum

vCash

Overreacting is awesome, please don't take that off the table.

vCash
    Look I want the Shanny's to stay around for a long time but this thread it's exactly correct. We jump out to a 14 point lead. RGIII is obviously hobbled and the whole second half I see nothing but play action and bootlegs. Griffin was struggling to throw as well it was blatantly obvious he was injured. I'm fine with leaving him in but you have to run the freaking ball. 16 carries for Morris? 80 yards. 5 yards per carry....and you basically stop running after the first two series's. PROTECT RGIII IF HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE GAME! Hand it off to a guy who had a hell of a season as well. This one is on the Shanny's 100% in my mind.

vCash
    Well we really didn't "stop running". We had those couple nice drives early and then Seattles time of possession sky rocketed and RG3 threw that pick deep which resulted in Seattle having the ball even longer. Up until the end of the 3rd they showed our play selection on tv and at that point we had ran the ball 2 more times than we had passed. We got pinned deep in our own endzone like 3 times and could only muster up 2-5 yard runs. The pass-run ratio was clearly indicative of how the game turned out.

vCash
    RG3 should have been out of the game after the 1st quarter. This one is on Shanahan. And the defense got killed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddar08 View Post
    Look I want the Shanny's to stay around for a long time but this thread it's exactly correct. We jump out to a 14 point lead. RGIII is obviously hobbled and the whole second half I see nothing but play action and bootlegs. Griffin was struggling to throw as well it was blatantly obvious he was injured. I'm fine with leaving him in but you have to run the freaking ball. 16 carries for Morris? 80 yards. 5 yards per carry....and you basically stop running after the first two series's. PROTECT RGIII IF HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE GAME! Hand it off to a guy who had a hell of a season as well. This one is on the Shanny's 100% in my mind.
    If you want to put 100% on the Shanahan's thats fine and your opinion...we dominated TOP in the 1st qtr and Seattle domintated TOP in the 2nd qtr...as for the no adjustments for the 2nd half, rewatch the game look at our field position, Seattle did a great job pinning us deep...i dont care what anyone says, but more times than not when ur buried deep in your own territory in a tight game albeit a playoff game, you #1 protect the ball. If woulda been nice to come up with a big play, it didnt happen. In the 4th quarter we had a couple chances...not 100% blaming hank, but that 3rd and 7 drop was huge. We threw 2 haymakers at them and didnt knock them out, and they cameback swinging and knocked us out. I cant say it enough, the fumble with 7:51 to go in the 2nd qtr was HUGE but thats the way it goes...it was deflating.

If RG3 would have lead a game winning drive, Shanny would be praised and everyone would say epic comeback (Willis Reed of NFL) and instant ESPN classic with a hobbled QB...but it wasnt and our QB got hurt. Simple, he leads us to comeback win, nobody says a word...he gets hurt and we lose (which obviously happened), lets put all the blame on the Shanahan's

Im just hoping this knee injury isnt an ACL and to be honest, I dont feel good about it (as of 1:15 no update yet and after reading Griffins tweet this morning, "Many may question, criticize & think they have all the right answers. But few have been in the line of fire in battle"). Dont want to speculate, just hope Im wrong...
    Last edited by Skins&Phils; 01-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    RG3 should have been out of the game after the 1st quarter. This one is on Shanahan. And the defense got killed.
    In hindsight...correct! The defense played pretty solid IMO, they came up with some big plays....by the 4th qtr, they wore us out!
    Last edited by Skins&Phils; 01-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    oh here we go again...i swear the fans on these forums are ridiculous...dont be like eagles and 76ers fans...

the game went downhill because of 2 reasons..
    1. rg3 was in pain and wasnt as effective...
    2. there were crucial drops that killed our best drives when the game was stalling...most notably the 3-7 drop by hankerson in the 4th quarter when the game was still 14-13
    x2
    How many of us really tought we would win the division? who tought we will put the giants and cowboys out of the playoffs?

We have but great things ahead of us, The only thing I could argue about is after the 14 points they abandon the run and it was going well, but seattle has a great defense and they had to keep them decent, the gameplan simple didnt work and it wasn't exactly a bad idea.

Defenses win championships and seattle D is right up there, and who knows what would happen with a healthy RG3, So Patience!

We are in the right direction and i havent been able to say so since our last superbowl ring.

PATIENCE!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Only mistake shanny made was letting griffin keep playing after the first quarter. Other than that, our defense and butterfinger receivers lost us the game.
    Griffin is in part responsable he could easily trow away some balls instead he tried to made the big play and once again took some innecesary hits, look at the play near the goal line when he was slow to get up and its the play when he reinjured, nobody touched him he should got rid of that ball.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast