Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

pacers let go sam young

does that open up a roster spot..

vCash
    Orlando Johnson maybe?

vCash
    From what i have read on the internet this move was made because he hurt his ankle and would be out for an extended period of time. This week all NBA teams must sign their unguaranteed to guaranteed contracts or release them. Since his contract was unguaranteed and he would be out for awhile Pacers figured it would be better to open up the spot, and hopefully sign another SF soon to help defend Anthony and James in upcoming games.

The move was not made to open a spot up for Orlando, who does not even play the SF position. I heard Pacers were looking at Mcguire, and also Greene would not be to bad to look at either. Fact is no one is out in the free agency market anymore that has any talent, so do not hope for much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacersrok111 View Post
    From what i have read on the internet this move was made because he hurt his ankle and would be out for an extended period of time. This week all NBA teams must sign their unguaranteed to guaranteed contracts or release them. Since his contract was unguaranteed and he would be out for awhile Pacers figured it would be better to open up the spot, and hopefully sign another SF soon to help defend Anthony and James in upcoming games.

The move was not made to open a spot up for Orlando, who does not even play the SF position. I heard Pacers were looking at Mcguire, and also Greene would not be to bad to look at either. Fact is no one is out in the free agency market anymore that has any talent, so do not hope for much.
    Could be a bottom of the roster trade. Get some depth at different positions and shake up the bench a little. But probably not.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Well we did sign McGuire to a 10 day contract today. Solid pickup imo. Looks like an athletic defensive-minded player.

vCash
    My guess is that we resign Young after McGuire 10-day contract ends and Young is healthy from his ankle injury. Though I wouldn't mind if he stayed cut, personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerMacedonia View Post
    My guess is that we resign Young after McGuire 10-day contract ends and Young is healthy from his ankle injury. Though I wouldn't mind if he stayed cut, personally.
    Yeah it looks like this is what we'll do.