Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We should pick up Ryan Gomes and JJJ just for match ups and bodies at this point... What about Jason kapono where is he at? They could fill some needs and Kenyon Martin would obviously be good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysballin247 View Post
    We should pick up Ryan Gomes and JJJ just for match ups and bodies at this point... What about Jason kapono where is he at? They could fill some needs and Kenyon Martin would obviously be good
    I've always been a Gomes fan... His game would have been perfect in the 80's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I think something that a lot of people forget is outside of that one magical summer, Danny Ainge is a pretty terrible GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Collings94 View Post
    I think something that a lot of people forget is outside of that one magical summer, Danny Ainge is a pretty terrible GM.
    2 of the greatest trades in franchise history. brought us a ring. terrible? i wouldnt go to that extreme

vCash
    Might want to take a look at those draft picks, and of course the Perkins deal was a coup.

Most of the mid season additions have failed, but that seems to be due far more to Doc than Danny.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Elaborate...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Might want to take a look at those draft picks, and of course the Perkins deal was a coup.

Most of the mid season additions have failed, but that seems to be due far more to Doc than Danny.
    I was thinking the same thing... He's never really had a chance with the draft... I'm interested to see if he makes the right move if the C's ever get in the lottery...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Hey Bags how is your son doing up on varsity... playoffs coming around soon...???

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Ainge got Allen and got KG, then added some good pieces in guys like Posey, House and Brown. Outside of that he has made numerous mistakes.

He started things off by signing Mark Blount to a 6 year/$40 million dollar deal.

He brought in the immortal Wally Szczerbiak, as well as bringing back Antonie Walker.

Traded Randy Foye for Sebastian Telfair.

Traded Perkins for Jeff Green, which on paper looks good especially now that we are not a contender, but in reality cost us a potential championship because now the C's were counting on Rasheed Wallace (who was beyond washed up) and Shaq (who weighed 600lbs) for interior defense.

Traded Glen Davis for Bass, a 50/50 deal at the time which looks much worse now.

Jermaine O'Neal, Darko, Wilcox, Starbury and a slew of other veterans that have added very little value to the team.

Oh and the draft....

Drafted JR Giddens, who was 24 and spent 6 years in college when DeAndre Jordan was still on the board.

Drafted Gabe Pruitt when Marc Gasol and Ramon Sessions were still on the board.

Drafted Lester Hudson.

vCash
    Ainge got Allen and got KG, then added some good pieces in guys like Posey, House and Brown. Outside of that he has made numerous mistakes.

He started things off by signing Mark Blount to a 6 year/$40 million dollar deal.

He brought in the immortal Wally Szczerbiak, as well as bringing back Antonie Walker.

Traded Randy Foye for Sebastian Telfair.

Traded Perkins for Jeff Green, which on paper looks good especially now that we are not a contender, but in reality cost us a potential championship because now the C's were counting on Rasheed Wallace (who was beyond washed up) and Shaq (who weighed 600lbs) for interior defense.

Traded Glen Davis for Bass, a 50/50 deal at the time which looks much worse now.

Jermaine O'Neal, Darko, Wilcox, Starbury and a slew of other veterans that have added very little value to the team.

Oh and the draft....

Drafted JR Giddens, who was 24 and spent 6 years in college when DeAndre Jordan was still on the board.

Drafted Gabe Pruitt when Marc Gasol and Ramon Sessions were still on the board.

Drafted Lester Hudson.

If that's the case pretty much every team missed out on Gasol and Jordan... I'm giving DA a pass on the draft for now... I want to see how he builds this team starting with the upcoming draft...

GM's have the toughest job especially if your trying to keep a run going... He has made some iffy personal moves but he's also had to endue some real unfortunate luck that was totally out of his hands...

I'll take DA over Chris Wallace and Rick Pitino as GM any day of the week though...
    Last edited by Forever35; 02-01-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: felt kind of sick while writing the post...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Anyway the C's could swing a Terry to Brooklyn for Brooks...??? I know salaries don't match but Brooks is buried on the bench right now...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    But a GM only has so many mistakes he can make. You asked for an explanation and I gave you about 15 reasons why he was a bad GM. Maybe Gasol wasn't a huge error in retrospect, but he still took JR Giddens. I mean he could have took Aaron Gray, Krylo Fesenko or Josh McRoberts. Someone that could have actually made a little bit of an impact on the Cs.

vCash
    How about all GMs passed on Rondo, Bradley, Tony Allen, Davis, Perkins?

You have the benefit of hindsight, Danny picked up a lot of quality players without that benefit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Anyway the C's could swing a Terry to Brooklyn for Brooks...??? I know salaries don't match but Brooks is buried on the bench right now...
    I would do that in a heartbeat! I love that kid, I think he has so much potential. I wish we never shipped him out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysballin247 View Post
    kapono is playing for panathinaikos in greece. no chance pao lets him leave. he's been pretty great for them since he went there.

Page 47 of 74 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast