hollinger wants absolutely no part of jeff green

EDIT: from one of his articles:
    I didn't know that Hollinger was the GM of an NBA team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I didn't know that Hollinger was the GM of an NBA team
    He's VP of BB Operations for Memphis
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Right. Because this is 2k13 and you know everyone's ceiling right? You know that Sullinger could never develop into a 'great' player, and that Bradley is a scrub right? Can I get the lotto tickets while your at it?

Stop acting like the premadonna of this forum. Your not. Stop being a hateful old man.
    I already said Bradly would probably be good enough to start for a title team - that's 1 down, but not both at once. Look at Sully. Not physical dominant enough to be Barkley (ever), no real lift, making his hay in the middle of an NBA season. Good low post moves, but he's going to eat a lot of leather from long 4's. Slow and unable to move more than a step or step and a half on D, what happens after a few years when the nicks and injuries start? Perkins II? Very likely to happen before we get a top 5, and a top 15 player to advance to the title with two players of Sullingers and Bradleys value as starters.

If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.

So let me get this straight, someone with a lot of background makes predictions that don't agree with yours and I'm a hateful old man, but if I said they were likely future All Stars I get a slap on the back? In a group dedicated so that sports fans can have an opinion? Do you understand the vast hypocrisy of that thinking?

Don't like it? Present arguments against it, not ad hominem attacks that lead nowhere. I'm not interested on this board in particular in emotion based opinions based on nearly no logic and/or experience. Is the team going to do worse when it's questioned? Or are your little tin soldiers going to be debased in your own minds because of one dissenting voice? Nothing that's real can be threatened by something like that.

It's primma donna BTW, and no, I just have a much better handle on reality than most here. So far you've shown nothing worthy as a counter argument.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-30-2013 at 09:05 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    the good think about gettin calderon would be that we could sign and trade him next season, so if we could unload bass and terry in the process I would be on board.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    He's VP of BB Operations for Memphis

Yes and I think doing good job. #Hollinger

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I already said Bradly would probably be good enough to start for a title team - that's 1 down, but not both at once. Look at Sully. Not physical dominant enough to be Barkley (ever), no real lift, making his hay in the middle of an NBA season. Good low post moves, but he's going to eat a lot of leather from long 4's. Slow and unable to move more than a step or step and a half on D, what happens after a few years when the nicks and injuries start? Perkins II? Very likely to happen before we get a top 5, and a top 15 player to advance to the title with two players of Sullingers and Bradleys value as starters.

If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.

So let me get this straight, someone with a lot of background makes predictions that don't agree with yours and I'm a hateful old man, but if I said they were likely future All Stars I get a slap on the back? In a group dedicated so that sports fans can have an opinion? Do you understand the vast hypocrisy of that thinking?

Don't like it? Present arguments against it, not ad hominem attacks that lead nowhere. I'm not interested on this board in particular in emotion based opinions based on nearly no logic and/or experience. Is the team going to do worse when it's questioned? Or are your little tin soldiers going to be debased in your own minds because of one dissenting voice? Nothing that's real can be threatened by something like that.

It's primma donna BTW, and no, I just have a much better handle on reality than most here. So far you've shown nothing worthy as a counter argument.
    Agreed good points^^^ Spot on with Sully also.

Also no need for personal attacks #superdude

I don't know why some people get so upset when someone expresses a different view that opposes their own?

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unwantedplayer View Post
    Because the Raptors value Derozan and they aren't going to give him up for nothing...
    Agreed, his value is on the rise. I don't see the Raptors giving Derozen away. It's gotta be a deal in their favor.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    I don't see how both Bradley/ Sully can be starters on championship winning team?IMO

Were is your scoring coming from at #2/#4? Sully is nice but he has faults. Listen, I like him a lot but his game has limitations.

Highlights 2012 NBA Scouting Report- Jared Sullinger

- Needs to improve as pick roll defender
    - Athelticism
    - Explosiveness
    - Guarding quicker players

All ring true for Sully. I think expecting him to be a ten time All-Star is unrealistic. IMO

Both are really nice. I just don't know if both can be starters on championship team. I just don't see were your getting help from, who's putting up scoring night/ night, and who's your help for Sully against quicker/ better player #4 spot?
    Last edited by Bird Fan; 01-30-2013 at 02:05 PM.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    I don't see how both Bradley/ Sully can be starters on championship winning team?IMO

Were is your scoring coming from at #2/#4? Sully is nice but he has faults. Listen, I like him a lot but his game has limitations.

- Athelticism
    - Explosiveness
    - Guardig quicker players

All ring true for Sully. I think expecting him to be a ten time All-Star is unrealistic. IMO

Both are really nice. I just don't know if both can be starters on championship team. I just don't see were your getting help from, who's putting up scoring night/ night, and who's your help for Sully against quicker/ better player #4 spot?
    It all depends who is playing at the 1, 3 and 5 in the next few years, doesn't it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    It all depends who is playing at the 1, 3 and 5 in the next few years, doesn't it?
    Yes. As I already said if we have LeBron and a young Duncan in hand, no problems at all with those two being on a starting team that wins the title. We are talking of course of two players likely to retire in the top 10 all time.

Even KG, PP, and RA in 2007-2008 might do the job (Bradley would have to be a PG). After all Perkins and Rondo were both role players that started. Of course that team had a killer bench, and it's likely the Celts will not be able to put together a team like that in the next 12 years, never mind pie in the sky Lebron/Duncan clones.

So, in your average NBA city it's a very good bet a team in our shape today won't win it in the next 12 years. If we do, we will likely see one of those guys on the bench to start games or on another roster. Either case my view will prove out as being correct.

And somewhere the angry cries of 17 year old Celtic fans can be heard.... off with his head! He has defamed Bradley and Sullinger - both prophets of Allah! What's next? A Fatwa?
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Im not sure.... I will follow your point. I will just question this. Remember there is only one LBJ, MJ, Bird, Magic, Duncan, ext......That's in the history of the NBA.

Example- Could LBJ win a championship with Sully, Bradley and parts....Im not sure.IMO If I had to say, I would say no.

You would have to have superstar type players at #1/ #3/ #5. Remember Jordan had Pippen, Rodman and Grant...

You may be right, I would question it though...IMO

LARRY BIRD

vCash

Small Forwards

These guys aren't going anywhere in my opinion;

LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Danny Granger, Luol Deng

I left out of the next group guys who I view as more shooting guards or power forwards.
    I know they are at different experience and development levels, but these are the best guys under 30;

Age right now - Player name

29 - Steve Novak
    28 - Linas Kleiza
    27 - Dorell Wright
    26 - Rudy Gay, Marvin Williams
    25 - Wilson Chandler, Jonas Jerebko, Alonzo Gee
    24 - Chandler Parsons, Nicolas Batum, Danilo Gallinari, Michael Beasley, Thaddeus Young, Chase Budinger, Omri Casspi, Landry Fields
    23 - Luke Babbitt
    22 - Paul George, Klay Thompson, Gordon Heyward, Al-Farouq Aminu
    21 - Kawhi Leonard, Derrick Williams
    20 - Harrison Barnes
    19 - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Maurice Harkless

My question is this. Assuming all are healthy and available for the right price, who would you like to see make their way onto the Celtics roster by the start of next season?

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    with the rise of paul george I believe granger would be available.

Indiana rather trades him than paul george.

what about granger+filler for pierce+picks maybe?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post

- Athelticism
    - Explosiveness
    - Guardig quicker players

In a traditional sense, Bradley would have more trouble starting on a title team. The SG position is one of scorers. Until (or unless) Bradley demonstrates he is a capable 18 ppg scorer he is a nice piece of the puzle but not a central one. FWIW, I feel that over the next 2.5 seasons Bradley can develop into that type of scorer. The pieces are all there, but he lacks experience. Good form on his shot and most importantly he aggressively looks for scoring opportunities.

Sullinger might actually be a better fit for a starting spot on a title contending team. Traditionally the 4 spot has been looked upon for defense and rebounding. He's physically slow and lacks quickness? Someone who has coached / played will realize that speed of play has as much to do with what is above the shoulders as with what is below. Sullinger's on-court IQ allows him to play at a faster pace. Our very own Larry Bird epitomized this.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-30-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast