Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We should focus on Josh Smith, but who would Atlanta take for him? Bass, Lee, and Melo might do it. Bass can step right into a starting role there. Word is teams have cooled on JSmoove, as they are not confident he will sign back with them after the season. We may be a safer bet, as he's friends with Rondo and my want the chance to finish out this year, and get to start a new season with him next year. Smith may be the biggest deal we can pull off before the deadline, and he fills a huge hole right now.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Criticizing Danny's drafting is beyond stupid. He's actually drafted really well. My criticism of him as a GM in recent years would be that he's a little too quick to lock himself up with mid level players. It's fine to sign role players to MLE type deals when you're competing for titles, but a team that isn't a TOP contender for a title really has no use for the contracts he gave out to Nate Robinson or Brandon Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Criticizing Danny's drafting is beyond stupid. He's actually drafted really well. My criticism of him as a GM in recent years would be that he's a little too quick to lock himself up with mid level players. It's fine to sign role players to MLE type deals when you're competing for titles, but a team that isn't a TOP contender for a title really has no use for the contracts he gave out to Nate Robinson or Brandon Bass.
    I'm sorry, but Nate Robinson is all on Doc Rivers.

Nate:
    09/10 in NY: 13.2 PPG, 3.7 APG
    09/10 in BOS: 6.5 PPG, 2.o APG
    10/11 in BOS: 7.1 PPG, 1.9 APG
    11/12 in GS: 11.2 PPG, 4.5 APG
    12/13 in CHI: 11.5 PPG 3.8 APG

Doc has consistently shown that he does not know how to correctly utilize new players on his team. Nothing points to this more than Nate, who excelled both the year before getting here, and the years after leaving here. Not even a new year starting out with Nate helped Doc use him correctly.

vCash
    In both golden state and Chicago, Robinson had the luxury of more playing time due to injury to starting guards on both teams.

He didn't have that luxury here with Rondo and Allen.

He's a player that needs big minutes to find a groove. He couldn't get that here. That's not on doc. No coach would reduce a productive Allen or Rondos minutes to make nate Robinson a bit more productive.

vCash
    But it was up to Doc to find the right amount of minutes that would have helped our team win. How about the Shrek and Donkey game, where Doc finally gave Nate extended minutes? It did wonders and led us to a victory. Then, Doc immediately went back to inconsistent minutes for him. It's up to the coach to find the right rhythm for a player, and to ride it for all the players' worth. Doc just doesn't utilize players correctly, and it's not just Nate. Check out the other thread I've just started where Doc shows a pattern with nearly every new acquisition, how he cannot get the best out of them.

Popovich is never afraid to sit star players or cut into stars' minutes, and even Spoelstra did this in a game this season, where his sat James in the 4th quarter. Thibodeau also did it with Noah in a game this year. Doc had NEVER sat Ray or Rondo, or Paul certain minutes here and there to utilize the hot hand, like most good coaches will do. Doc has always had a dedication to the veterans, instead of using what's best for the team.

Aside from that one Shrek and Donkey game, I can't think of a single other big game where Doc adjusted the lineup "in game" like that and went with the hot hands. He always put KG, Ray, and Paul out there, regardless of what was happening in the game. He's admitted in post game conferences before that he NEVER makes adjustments "in game" and will meet with the coaching staff after a game, to decide changing something for the next game. He has proven he is not a good "on the fly" coach and never will be.
    Last edited by 69centers; 02-02-2013 at 12:10 PM.

vCash
    Alrighty...because it makes sense to reduce the minutes of more productive players to make an undersized scorer that doesn't play defense fit better into the lineup?

Memory flash...nate was shooting 40% from the field. He was awful.

If he couldnt score at a productive rate in the eighteen minutes he was getting, why does he deserve more run?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    We should focus on Josh Smith, but who would Atlanta take for him? Bass, Lee, and Melo might do it. Bass can step right into a starting role there. Word is teams have cooled on JSmoove, as they are not confident he will sign back with them after the season. We may be a safer bet, as he's friends with Rondo and my want the chance to finish out this year, and get to start a new season with him next year. Smith may be the biggest deal we can pull off before the deadline, and he fills a huge hole right now.
    NO.

Josh Smith wants a max contract and that would doom the Celtics under the new CBA.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    How about Paul and kg to the clippers for expiring contracts in billups and odom ( buy outs) we also get DJ and Bledsoe ... We drop out of the playoff race and have a top 10 pick ... Gain experience with our young players... A healthy rondo.... A center that can guard the paint and finishes well ( has a chance to be a Tyson chandler type player) ... And cap room to go after big Al or josh smith

vCash
    Clippers already have a top seed. Their core is trending upward, Bledsoe and DJ are a large part of that

not gunna hap

vCash
    Clippers fans want kg and give DJ the boot but I agree they are just in need of a title now

vCash

Trade Speculation / Discussion Thread

Trade for highest pick possible and draft noel

vCash

Trade Speculation / Discussion Thread

Maybe work a trade for jj

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7cvsnr

maybe send Pierce and KG in a package to the Clippers with Melo and get Jordan + C. Butler and Odom's expiring. pipe dream but KG might be inclined to say yes if he goes with Pierce. Increase LA wins by +6 (Hollingers projection). Minutes are quickly adding up on Pierce + KG legs let them go chase one more.

Than look to get whatever you can out of Terry, Lee, Bass

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

What do you think about Rondo and Melo (1st rd pick if need be or swap 1st rd picks) for Horford and Teague...

Atlanta wants to keep Josh Smith and Josh Smith believes he is a max player... If Atlanta gets Rondo that almost guarantees Smith stays in Atl... Rondo pretty much assures Teague is no longer needed... Atl has enough room to sign Smith to a max and still go after a starting 5 or re-sign Zaza...

Horford will be a great piece to build around and Teague can easily be the starting PG...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Injured players normally aren't traded. I think Smith will probably walk

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast