Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    KG makes $12,467,532.

Taking Perkins, filler and a lottery pick would be a coup for us.
    What's coup

vCash
    "Coup d'état" essentially is a government overthrow.

In popular usage it's a way to say secret plot, stealing something, etc

vCash
    In this case "coup" means - a highly successful, unexpected stroke, act, or move; a clever action or accomplishment.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I don't see DA blowing it up I think he is trying to get a big and someone that can stretch the floor ....if the celtics help out any trades involving ATL then we should ask for korver

vCash
    I do not anticipate DAnny trading Pierce or Garnett either. I should think the C's would want a good young player and / or a good draft pick in exchange for either. Pierce and KG are not worth that except to contending teams who by nature are likely bereft of good young players and good draft picks to spare in exchange for aging rent-a-vets.

A much more likely scenario would be to see PP and / or KG decide to retire after this season and the C's negotiate a buyout of their contracts to minimize the future impact on the cap, imo. Yeah, it would stink not getting anything for them aside of cap space, but that's how I read the writing on the wall.

The C's would have some cap space for next summers FA market - NO, forget Dwight Howard NOW - and the rebuild would be in full swing. Think young guys that keep the C's under the cap to avoid the consecutive years penalty. Hickson, Clark, Pachulia.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I do not anticipate DAnny trading Pierce or Garnett either. I should think the C's would want a good young player and / or a good draft pick in exchange for either. Pierce and KG are not worth that except to contending teams who by nature are likely bereft of good young players and good draft picks to spare in exchange for aging rent-a-vets.
    A two team trade that contains: PP, Wilcox, Terry, or Bass is very unlikely. What team going for a title wants to give up their 7th best player who is 23 years old for PP?

Much more likely is a 3 or 4 team deal. I know KG said he retires when PP does, but KG is a gamer, and likely would play out his contract IMO. I want those 4 players I listed dealt, and dealt soon, anything else is a waste of resources by not converting them to something we can use for the future. We don't need a broken and limping team doing it's final tour for the pink hats.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Just tossing around ideas here, but Utah is overstocked at the PF position. Big Al is likely done there after this year. Utah would probably like to get something for him before he hits free agency. I have read that they really want a PG. Now are they willing to take an injured one in hopes that he returns to form next year? Who knows but I wouldn't mind a deal like the following.

Utah receives: Rondo, Bass, Terry, pick
    Boston receives: Jefferson, Foye

Utah gets it superstar PG with young talent around him. This allows them to play Favors and Kanter. They also stay competitive this year by adding Bass and Terry. Pick is a sweetener.

Boston gets someone to pair with KG in the post. They get a guy who can rebound and play with his back to the basket. They could also probably re sign Big Al. Foye provides instant offense and is a expiring contract.

Bradley / Foye
    Lee / Barbosa
    Pierce / Green
    Garnett / Sullinger
    Jefferson / Wilcox / Collins / Melo
    Last edited by Banner18forRed; 02-01-2013 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    What about waiting closer to the deadline and trading for Billups? He historically a good shooter. He has playoff experience. Boston wouldn't need to give up much. He has a history of playing with Garnett in MN. I think Boston shouldn't give up much for a PG because Rondo is the franchise. I would only trade if the Clippers try to dump him because his value shouldn't be high. This also wouldn't affect the future for the franchise so they can load up in the draft and get more young talent. I said wait until closer to the deadline to see how he responds returning for his injury. I think is would be a motivating sign for KG and PP because the franchise is saying "let's make another run."
    Last edited by m_witter2003; 02-01-2013 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    With Sulinger and Rondo now out for the season roster additions seem inevitable.

Lee / Barbosa
    Bradley / Terry
    Pierce / Green
    Bass / Wilcox
    KG / Collins / Melo

4 open roster spots.

Limited cap space.

Difficult to trade injured players, especially ones with back issues or torn ACL's

This makes trades sending one player out for multiple players in return more of a priority. Problem is, the C's do not have a lot of players that can bring multiple (quality) players in return.

If I were DAnny, I would meet with PP and then KG to get their thoughts on how to proceed. Do they want to finish as Celtics with the current prospects for the season? I would ask about their plans beyond this season.

I think this may well be the line in the sand.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    A two team trade that contains: PP, Wilcox, Terry, or Bass is very unlikely. What team going for a title wants to give up their 7th best player who is 23 years old for PP?

Much more likely is a 3 or 4 team deal. I know KG said he retires when PP does, but KG is a gamer, and likely would play out his contract IMO. I want those 4 players I listed dealt, and dealt soon, anything else is a waste of resources by not converting them to something we can use for the future. We don't need a broken and limping team doing it's final tour for the pink hats.
    x2......BINGO! Can youget DA's number and have a talk with him for us please? Deal them all, even KG if possible!

vCash
    Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    With injuries mounting, teams have begun inquiring whether Boston is willing to trade Jason Terry to get under luxury tax, sources say.
    Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    The Celtics are $1.5M over the tax line and need to make some decisions before the Feb. 21 trade deadline.
    Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    Thus far, the Celtics remain in wait-and-see mode and have not indicated a strong appetite to deal.

vCash
    I'm all for trading Terry. His age and length of contract concern me.

vCash
    I think we are close to a good team and its obvious we match up well vs some good teams that go small ( heat) but we need a pf better then bass that can D up or shoot 3s and a center that can protect the paint

vCash
    what do you guys think we could actually get for PP, KG or Terry?

vCash
    Just been looking at Trade Machine looking to use Terry to get under the luxury tax.... not so much. Doesn't appear to be many options / teams with the room to take him and send out $1.5 M less.

Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast