Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    R
    Well as much as I want to believe that this team can make a decent run in the playoffs, it would benefit us more to look towards the future. I'd be much satisfied with dumping bass at all costs to get ourselves a player whose contract is over at the end of this season. Bass at 6 per for two more seasons is terrible, so he's the one guy that I would really want gone at the deadline.
    Name the team that is going to want that contract AND be willing to give the C's a big with a more favorable contract in return.

The primary concern I have with how DAnny / ownership has run the Celtics is they at times pay their players in accordance with the players value to the Celtics without concern for actual market value of said player.

Brandon Bass coming off a really good year in which the C's narrowly missed winning the ECF was valued, perhaps "rewarded" with a $6 M / yr contract. The C's need "bigs", they paid him accordingly Would he have landed that type of deal anywhere else?

Jeff Green's contract can be looked at the same way, as could Jason Terry's.

All three guys are overpaid based on what they have produced / contributed thus far. Most Celtic fans would agree with this. How do you think other teams feel? Those guys mean(t) more to the C's than their fair market value, imo.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    To be completely honest I'm not sure there's a team out there that would take Bass contract and give us an expiring contract, just a pipe dream. As far as how he Celtics have payed players recently, I completely agree with you. Jeff Green is clearly overpaid, but I do like him, just not at his contract. I think Jet's deal isn't too bad because I think we got him at market value.

vCash
    We keep looking at big names but how about something like bass and lee for fry and scola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysballin247 View Post
    We keep looking at big names but how about something like bass and lee for fry and scola
    Both the Suns players are better than Bass.

They already have Gragic, Brown, Dudley(who they inexplicably love), Marshall, Telfair, Tucker, Garret as guards and Beasley who plays like a guard. They would be giving up their only experienced bigs aside from Gortat. Morris and Zeller are good young guys, but they aren't ready to be your starter and primary back-up. The only way they do that is if you include Melo and/or pick(s). Those two guys are at the ends of their careers or at least in decline and not worth it.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at95cmk

Bass for Hakim Warrick straight up. Warrick is not the offensive player Bass is, but he rebounds.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awytkfx

Bass and Melo for Tyrus Thomas. If the C's think they can somehow get his head on right they could have a still relatively young impact big man.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82pxzb

Bass and Collins for Tyrus Thomas. Makes the money work without giving up Melo, but Charlotte would have to really want to get out from under Thomas to do this deal.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Nuggets- Mozgov/Randolf
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2jdfvn

Bucks- Dunleavy/Pryzbilla
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bz5sfyt

Suns- Wesley Johnson
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anw9gop

Blazers- Filler?/2nd round pick? idk.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awjg3gb

Re-post, but I still think these deals are reasonable. Bass is a solid player who's been set up to fail this season. The whole team was in a shooting funk, and I've watched Rondo rip about 100 rebounds out of his hands just this year.

Still the only way Bass gets moved is if we're taking worse players back. His deal isn't horrible it just shouldn't have been for 3 years. 1 year, great. He could help a bunch of teams right now. The Blazers in particular have the worst bench in the league. But man if C's fans turned on him, and started to scapegoat him in 3 months time why would any GM be crazy enough to take him for 3 years?

vCash
    i dont see any moves being made.. #cutcollins play any else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=at95cmk

Bass for Hakim Warrick straight up. Warrick is not the offensive player Bass is, but he rebounds.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awytkfx

Bass and Melo for Tyrus Thomas. If the C's think they can somehow get his head on right they could have a still relatively young impact big man.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82pxzb

Bass and Collins for Tyrus Thomas. Makes the money work without giving up Melo, but Charlotte would have to really want to get out from under Thomas to do this deal.
    You must be joking with the Tyrus Thomas thing..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    As it concerns Bass:

1) His salary is $6 M
    2) The C's are shy on big men as it is so a big man would need to come back in one way or another.
    3) Bass' recent demotion to second team could devalue him. Might be a moot point if Sullinger is out for any length of time.

4) For discussion purposes, name a team who has a big man, in the $6 M or < price range they would be willing to exchange for Bass. Discuss why this would not be considered a lateral trade of big men. Both teams would need to feel they are upgrading their roster. Does someone want Bass' contract? ??

5) If the C's want an upgrade of Bass, they will likely have to pay for one by trading additional assets. What would you be willing to part with?

I think it is important to note the impact Rondo's injury has here. Courtney Lee, whom many have favored including in trades, is now starting in place of Rondo. AND there are only 4 guards total on the roster. Trading away a guard to supplement a Bass trade would require bringing in another guard in some way.

6) If multiple pieces are dealt (Bass + player and / or picks) the return must be significantly better. Look at it like this: Improve upon Bass but weaken the guard rotation and / or draft? I don't think DAnny is that reckless.

As soon as an additional piece is included with Bass going out, increased value must be obtained coming back in. Bass and Lee for big player X had better include a pretty decent guard Y as well.

Want to trade Bass and Green... need a return of a big AND a SF for the second unit. Kinda wish they had kept Joseph if they were going that route?

Want to trade Bass and Wilcox... need two big men in return. Tnhe depth is already shallow so the C's cannot even contemplate trading 2 bigs for one big in return. Sounds like a lateral move again.

Bass and a draft pick? C's don't exactly have a stockpile of draft choices to be dealt. What they do have will be needed when Pierce and KG retire, if not before.

Thoughts?
    I hate criticizing without providing alternatives so, here's a list of contracts similar to Bass'

Amir Johnson, PF, Toronto Raptors $6,050,000
    Channing Frye, PF, Phoenix Suns $6,000,000
    Chuck Hayes, PF, Sacramento Kings $5,486,250
    Jason Thompson, PF, Sacramento Kings $5,250,000
    Zaza Pachulia, C, Atlanta Hawks $5,248,750
    Anthony Davis, PF, New Orleans Hornets $5,144,280
    Nikola Pekovic, C, Minnesota Timberwolves $4,837,200
    Derrick Williams, PF, Minnesota Timberwolves $4,809,840
    Luc Mbah a Moute, PF, Milwaukee Bucks $4,794,192
    Derrick Favors, PF, Utah Jazz $4,753,320
    Marcus Camby, C, New York Knicks $4,590,338
    Boris Diaw, C, San Antonio Spurs $4,500,000
    Jonas Jerebko, PF, Detroit Pistons $4,500,000
    Enes Kanter, C, Utah Jazz $4,319,280
    Marreese Speights, PF, Cleveland $4,200,000
    Luis Scola, PF, Phoenix Suns $4,148,510 ... cannot be traded until July 1 = amnestied

I did not go over Bass' $6M salary aside from Johnson because the C's can hardly take back more than they send out being up against the hard cap.

Some of these guys are young budding stars who would not be traded for Bass.

IMO, Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams are the most realistic / appealing.

Like both the Utah guys, especially Favors, but they are not going anywhere as the Jazz will look to move Jefferson and Milsap.

Your thoughts?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    i am still praying they try and move pierce and kg for any kind of young tallent. pp to lac for bledsoe odom(8mil exp.)+fillers? would lac bite? then can try and trade rondo draft night. Maybe kg to OKC for PJIII+fillers and tor 1st. Suns have 3 first maybe try and steel one away from them. trade KG & pierce we will deff fall into the lottery maybe we get lucky with the bouncing balls with 3 lotto picks. I just dont see a real bright future with a core of rondo ab green and sully not saying there not good players but not close to a championship roster. Bos realy isnt a big free agent market but with enough young talent you can always trade for an allstar calliber player

vCash
    KG makes 18M
    Perry makes 1M

lol @ "fillers". thats literally just taking back perkins and other trash

so no

vCash
    So if everyone is trying to get an expiring for bass you think the cavs would give walton who has 6 mil and expires after this season the celtics get rid of bass if that's what everyone wants to do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    KG makes 18M
    Perry makes 1M

so no
    U wouldn't take perks contact for PJIII or lamb with a lottery pick for a guy about to retire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    KG makes 18M
    Perry makes 1M

so no
    KG makes $12,467,532.

Taking Perkins, filler and a lottery pick would be a coup for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    KG makes $12,467,532.

Taking Perkins, filler and a lottery pick would be a coup for us.
    What's coup

Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast