Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Everyone should take a breath....step away from your keyboard. Some of these trades are just Bat SH@@ crazy!

I would be shocked if a major trade happens at/ before the trade deadline.......SHOCKED

Guy's I don't see it....im just saying. Trying to stay realistic..like always

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    There are a lot of " what if " questions with this. On its face, I think it would be very unlikely. I just don't know if those two players (Bradley/ Sully) could start together on championship team?

It would have to be a really solid team with two superstar type players(#1/ #3). Right now both have shown very little ability to be good scorer. Now that can change, yes.

Both have shown signs, but nothing that would lead us to belive that they are future building blocks. One must also wonder about the health of both.

Both look really good now, but both have had health issues. Could this slow their production, maybe.

I see your points and enjoy the conversation. I do enjoy both...
    Sully out last night after 1st (back spasm) 01/30/2013 vs Kings.

Just saying, " that train is never late "- Chris Rock

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    If the Celtics are to make any big trade or any trade at all for that matter I think it should be for a capable 5. Yes we don't have a PG with the loss of Rondo but as we saw tonight they can win without him. What would make life easier is having a 5 that can go down on the block with his back to the basket and create his own shot. You don't need a PG to dump it into the post so that solves some offensive woes and helps the rebounding one's as well.

I am fairly certain Cousins will not be traded and I don't know what useful 5s are available but I would think Utah is parting ways with Big Al before he leaves in free agency for nothing. I am not saying this is at all likely but I think it could be pulled off with a package of like Green, Bass, Melo and a pick.

vCash
    Most Jazz fans seem to agree their team needs a point guard more anything. Taking Green, Bass and Melo would make their log-jammed front court even log-jammed-r

Plus Green hasn't even had a chance to start yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Most Jazz fans seem to agree their team needs a point guard more anything. Taking Green, Bass and Melo would make their log-jammed front court even log-jammed-r

Plus Green hasn't even had a chance to start yet
    Yeah I still think the plan was this (playoffs).

1. J. Green to guard LBJ. Does a good job against size/ speed.

2. Bradley guard Wade. Not ideal size wise but would slow Wade down.

3. Bring Terry/Lee off the bench for scoring and Terry late in games.

Now here's the rub...

1. Rondo get's injury (ACL/out for season).

2. Interior defense is awful, and Celtics can't rebound.

3. KG can't man the post alone!

4. Bass is to undersized to give anything on the block/ not his game.

5. PP looks like old father time himself...

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Yeah I still think the plan was this (playoffs).

1. J. Green to guard LBJ. Does a good job against size/ speed.

2. Bradley guard Wade. Not ideal size wise but would slow Wade down.

3. Bring Terry/Lee off the bench for scoring and Terry late in games.
    ^^^ Pretty much agree. I would submit that Lee is here as much, or moreso, for his defense as he is for scoring off the bench.

Now here's the rub...

1. Rondo get's injury (ACL/out for season).

2. Interior defense is awful, and Celtics can't rebound.

3. KG can't man the post alone!

4. Bass is to undersized to give anything on the block/ not his game.

5. PP looks like old father time himself...

#1 and #5 ^^ go without being questioned.

Numbers 3-5 are more a matter of conjecture in the sense this team was built to compete with and dethrone the Heat. That is, it was not necessarily built for the regular season, but for that specific playoff match up in particular.

I've always found this to be an arrogant assumption on the part of the Celtic's - that they can build a roster to compete with the Heat while exhibiting an almost complete disregard for the other 28 teams in the league. The thinking is clearly "if we are good enough to defeat the Heat, then we are good enough to defeat everyone else" but is that actually true? I think this is where Darko was supposed to fit in and his loss made have had more of a profound negative impact than I first thought it would. That his particular value to the team was never replaced, is curious to say the least.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-31-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/01/g...this-year.html

Two GMs who spoke to Ric Bucher of 95.7 The Game believe there's "no chance" that Kevin Garnett plays the final two seasons of the three-year, $36MM contract he signed this past offseason (Sulia link). The executives believe the 36-year-old won't be able to coax any more out of his aging legs, and wouldn't want to hang around as an albatross to the Celtics. The GMs also aren't expecting any team to take him on in a trade, given his outsized salary, though only $6MM of his $12MM for 2014/15 is guaranteed.

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    ^^^ Pretty much agree. I would submit that Lee is here as much, or moreso, for his defense as he is for scoring off the bench.

#1 and #5 ^^ go without being questioned.

Numbers 3-5 are more a matter of conjecture in the sense this team was built to compete with and dethrone the Heat. That is, it was not necessarily built for the regular season, but for that specific playoff match up in particular.

I've always found this to be an arrogant assumption on the part of the Celtic's - that they can build a roster to compete with the Heat while exhibiting an almost complete disregard for the other 28 teams in the league. The thinking is clearly "if we are good enough to defeat the Heat, then we are good enough to defeat everyone else" but is that actually true? I think this is where Darko was supposed to fit in and his loss made have had more of a profound negative impact than I first thought it would. That his particular value to the team was never replaced, is curious to say the least.
    Agreed. Very solid points here.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    I have thought this all along. KG has more NBA mins played (active career-47144mp). He is on fumes, I think this playoff could very well be his last.

KG is different in this way. He takes a lot of pride for his career (NBA Legacy). He is one guy I don't see, " hanging around for check. " IMO

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    When I saw this my first thought was, have either of those GM's spoken directly with KG in order to form their opinion? Yeah, probably not. So their opinion on this carries as much weight as yours or mine would.

FWIW, I believe Fab Melo's development factors into the equation as much as does KG's age / declining PER or anything else does. If the C's can give KG help to the extent he need only play 22-24 minutes a game, I think he stays around. If KG is looking at playing 30+ minutes a game next season, well, he would probably rather not and could walk away.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Just going to throw this out there... Hope we trade Bass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    Just going to throw this out there... Hope we trade Bass.
    Agreed.

vCash
    As it concerns Bass:

1) His salary is $6 M
    2) The C's are shy on big men as it is so a big man would need to come back in one way or another.
    3) Bass' recent demotion to second team could devalue him. Might be a moot point if Sullinger is out for any length of time.

4) For discussion purposes, name a team who has a big man, in the $6 M or < price range they would be willing to exchange for Bass. Discuss why this would not be considered a lateral trade of big men. Both teams would need to feel they are upgrading their roster. Does someone want Bass' contract? ??

5) If the C's want an upgrade of Bass, they will likely have to pay for one by trading additional assets. What would you be willing to part with?

I think it is important to note the impact Rondo's injury has here. Courtney Lee, whom many have favored including in trades, is now starting in place of Rondo. AND there are only 4 guards total on the roster. Trading away a guard to supplement a Bass trade would require bringing in another guard in some way.

6) If multiple pieces are dealt (Bass + player and / or picks) the return must be significantly better. Look at it like this: Improve upon Bass but weaken the guard rotation and / or draft? I don't think DAnny is that reckless.

As soon as an additional piece is included with Bass going out, increased value must be obtained coming back in. Bass and Lee for big player X had better include a pretty decent guard Y as well.

Want to trade Bass and Green... need a return of a big AND a SF for the second unit. Kinda wish they had kept Joseph if they were going that route?

Want to trade Bass and Wilcox... need two big men in return. Tnhe depth is already shallow so the C's cannot even contemplate trading 2 bigs for one big in return. Sounds like a lateral move again.

Bass and a draft pick? C's don't exactly have a stockpile of draft choices to be dealt. What they do have will be needed when Pierce and KG retire, if not before.

Thoughts?

vCash
    As much as I agree that Bass needs to be traded, it is also true that a big must be coming back in order to make that deal. Looking at Bass contract gets harder each and every day and I am sure Ainge would love to get out of that one.

On a side note it has been rumored Bargniani is available. Are we all in agreement that he is 100% NOT the answer for this celtics team and Ainge should not even pick up the phone? That would give us another big man that doesn't rebound effectively that prefers to stand 18 feet or more away from the basket and shoot then get dirty underneath the hoop.

This team was built as many have stated to beat the Heat which they have shown they can do even without Rondo. The problem is that they forget that there are 28 others teams you also have to be able to beat to even have a chance at Miami which is something I think the Celtics have either forgot or disregarded.

vCash
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    As it concerns Bass:

1) His salary is $6 M
    2) The C's are shy on big men as it is so a big man would need to come back in one way or another.
    3) Bass' recent demotion to second team could devalue him. Might be a moot point if Sullinger is out for any length of time.

4) For discussion purposes, name a team who has a big man, in the $6 M or < price range they would be willing to exchange for Bass. Discuss why this would not be considered a lateral trade of big men. Both teams would need to feel they are upgrading their roster. Does someone want Bass' contract? ??

5) If the C's want an upgrade of Bass, they will likely have to pay for one by trading additional assets. What would you be willing to part with?

I think it is important to note the impact Rondo's injury has here. Courtney Lee, whom many have favored including in trades, is now starting in place of Rondo. AND there are only 4 guards total on the roster. Trading away a guard to supplement a Bass trade would require bringing in another guard in some way.

6) If multiple pieces are dealt (Bass + player and / or picks) the return must be significantly better. Look at it like this: Improve upon Bass but weaken the guard rotation and / or draft? I don't think DAnny is that reckless.

As soon as an additional piece is included with Bass going out, increased value must be obtained coming back in. Bass and Lee for big player X had better include a pretty decent guard Y as well.

Want to trade Bass and Green... need a return of a big AND a SF for the second unit. Kinda wish they had kept Joseph if they were going that route?

Want to trade Bass and Wilcox... need two big men in return. Tnhe depth is already shallow so the C's cannot even contemplate trading 2 bigs for one big in return. Sounds like a lateral move again.

Bass and a draft pick? C's don't exactly have a stockpile of draft choices to be dealt. What they do have will be needed when Pierce and KG retire, if not before.

Thoughts?
    Well as much as I want to believe that this team can make a decent run in the playoffs, it would benefit us more to look towards the future. I'd be much satisfied with dumping bass at all costs to get ourselves a player whose contract is over at the end of this season. Bass at 6 per for two more seasons is terrible, so he's the one guy that I would really want gone at the deadline.

Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast