Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That would be great but tor. Isn't that dumb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avengedchaos5 View Post
    I DONT WANT TO SEE PIERCE IN A DIFFERENT UNIFORM OR KG. I HAVE FAITH IN THIS TEAM.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8j87nv.

WHY NOT?
    Because the Raptors value Derozan and they aren't going to give him up for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    Derozan has one of the best contracts in the NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    says your crystal ball?
    Are you familiar with common sense? An undersized PF that doesn't jump well has a ceiling of what?

A guard that plays great D and slashes, but can't really play a set game?

So, we have come up with the 2nd best Center, 8th best point, and 3rd best SF and a strong bench to make up for the two weakest starters.... let me know when we have those guys in hand.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bstnfn34 View Post
    How can you say that green isn't a player? He hasnt gotten the chance to show. They run 0 plays for him. I blame doc (even tho he's a great coach) he hasnt given him a chance. How can you predict that sully and Bradley as starters can't produce? You can't you just don't know that's what planning for the future is all about its a risk game. Are you an nba insider? Can you see in the future? No it is your opinion as is what I and everyone else is saying. And rondo isn't a leader yet he hasnt had a need to be because no matter what anyone says kg has been the leader since the day he got here. Also there is free agency to find a "leader" to go with rondo. All I was saying is the young guys we have have great potential. Blow it up and be a crap team for years again or let it run coarse and be 5th -8th seed for a few years? I as a fan would rather not see another 24-58 season
    I didn't say he was or wasn't - we don't know. Read it again.

Again, your reading abilities need work. I never said Sully and Bradley couldn't start, I said that with those two starting this team won't win a title.

I was a D1 player, and coached for 14 years, and have been a fan longer than anyone here except one guy that claims he has, but demonstrates no knowledge of the 1960's NBA. What do you have behind you?

Rondo isn't a leader based on his personality and behavior.

When did I say blow it up? I want to explore dealing PP, Terry, and Bass because they don't fit into the future. I also would like a PG like Bledsoe, not so much for this year - in which we have 0 chance to win a title, but the future, where we might be able to deal Rondo when he's proven he's back in shape and playing, and still valuable to deal before we get to the end of his current contract.

I really don't want to deal Bradly and Sullinger, but I don't project them as starters on a 65 win NBA title team. I can see Bradley starting perhaps for such a team, and Sully being the 7th or 8th guy.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Because you know their potentials? Stop acting like this is 2k13 and only you know everyone's ratings.
    Want some whine with that cheese?

Bradley is 22 and can already lock down premier scorers and has shown he can shoot the 3.
    Sullinger is 20 and is the best rebounder on our team.
    The East is weak and Sully is playing lots of minutes against bench guys. Sullinger doesn't match up against a number of PF's in this league and never will. I like him just fine, just as a #7 or #8 on a team.

Bradly could stats for Championship team - I like him a lot. But both of them? Unless you have say LeBron and Duncan in his prime. Let me know when the Celts end up with two players like that.

Why don't you be reasonable for once?
    Why don't you stop being a fan boy and smell the coffee?

I said the rebuilding should have started after we lost the Finals to the Lakers - guess what? I was right.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-29-2013 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I think they can be starters on a championship team, just not being "the guy." I think you could win a championship with Bradley or Sullinger being your 4th best possibly 3rd best starter depending on how much they grow and how good the top 2 players are.
    At least you didn't go to the required insult. I can't On a title team I see Bradley as being the 5th best starter and Sully as the 7th or 8th best player. Nice pieces, not the star 1/2/3 guys on a title team - just no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gormans Mic View Post
    reasonable would be not throwing out unprovable ridiculous statements like that. Neither will be go to scorers but the other things they have to offer with continued development are very much potentially starter material even on a contending team.
    Try to parse what I said again. I didn't say they couldn't start on a team, even a moderate contender (if the top 3 guys are great enough). However I specifically said ON A ****ING TITLE WINNING TEAM. And no they can't.

I was the first one that fingered Rondo from going downhill from peak of 2008-2010. I'm still getting the fallout from that because of all the Boston teams I follow, Celt fans are the ones with the worst set of clay feet.

Why is it insulting or wrong to qualify what you have? Back in the day we knew Eric Fernsten or Steve Kaburski were limited players, so, we still liked them. But you guys want every player to be the Hope Diamond.

Grow the **** up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    At least you didn't go to the required insult. I can't On a title team I see Bradley as being the 5th best starter and Sully as the 7th or 8th best player. Nice pieces, not the star 1/2/3 guys on a title team - just no.
    I think if you do want to win a title, only one of Bradley or Sullinger can start. If you start Bradley you'll probably need a scoring SG to come off the bench like Terry was in Dallas and if you wanted Sullinger to start you'd probably need at least a top 5 center depending on if Sullinger can reach his full potential.

vCash
    Raptors reportedly struggling to find a 3rd team to take Calderon in 3 team deal

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2lwtuf

?

I'd absolutely make that trade. Ed Davis is a rising star, MEM should still be well under the luxery tax

vCash
    I hate to break it to you guys but,

unless you want to take back another bad contract I don't see anyway Terry/Green are getting traded. Both are way overpaid and have way too long contracts for what they do.

They kinda suck.

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Indeed, but it never hurts to make a phone call. I'm sure Ainge has looked at it already.

Here's another look at it, Jeff Green goes to Memphis and we get Ed Davis
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bk3hl4v

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    Indeed, but it never hurts to make a phone call. I'm sure Ainge has looked at it already.

Here's another look at it, Jeff Green goes to Memphis and we get Ed Davis
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bk3hl4v
    hollinger wants absolutely no part of jeff green

EDIT: from one of his articles:

Re-signed Jeff Green for four years, $36 million: Can they amnesty Green yet, or do they have to wait until the games start? Maybe the Celtics are just trying to keep us on our toes and prove they're capable of screwing up, too. Here's what we know: Green was a fungible player before he missed last season with a heart problem; guaranteeing him four years (with a player option on the fourth!) at a rate far beyond any rational market level is something we might expect from a couple of the league's bumbling organizations, but certainly not this one.

I can't stress this enough: Green is 26 and played four full seasons in the league, and after all that time there's no evidence he's actually any good and considerable evidence that he's a health risk. Yet he's being paid like a second-tier star. This was, without a doubt, the worst contract of the summer.

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Well the third and last option is to amnesty Paul Pierce, but what's the point of taking on Calderon at that point.

Way to ruin my fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Want some whine with that cheese?

The East is weak and Sully is playing lots of minutes against bench guys. Sullinger doesn't match up against a number of PF's in this league and never will. I like him just fine, just as a #7 or #8 on a team.

Bradly could stats for Championship team - I like him a lot. But both of them? Unless you have say LeBron and Duncan in his prime. Let me know when the Celts end up with two players like that.

Why don't you stop being a fan boy and smell the coffee?

I said the rebuilding should have started after we lost the Finals to the Lakers - guess what? I was right.
    Right. Because this is 2k13 and you know everyone's ceiling right? You know that Sullinger could never develop into a 'great' player, and that Bradley is a scrub right? Can I get the lotto tickets while your at it?

Stop acting like the premadonna of this forum. Your not. Stop being a hateful old man.

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast