Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    good article from grantland on where the celtics go from here - http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...celtics-do-now

two trades that they proposed:

Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon for Pierce and Bass
    Kyle Lowry, Bargnani, and cap filler (likely Aaron Gray, who is tall) for Pierce and Bass

I would jump for #2 in a heartbeat

It's a business, but Paul Pierce deserves more respect than that ^^^.

Seriously.

Life-long Celtic. One of the greats. And you would send him to Toronto to finish his career?

smh
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    at the end of the day, it's a business. Simple as that.

being sentimental is weakness in business. fact

vCash
    Lots of tweets going out saying Celts/Pelicans have swapped A. Bradley for G. Vasquez, can't find any verified sources though.

never mind

Marc Bertrand ‏@Marc_Bertrand

The Pelicans twitter account is fake. They are still the @Hornets on twitter. So no, Avery Bradley has not been traded.
    Last edited by Gormans Mic; 01-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gormans Mic View Post
    Lots of tweets going out saying Celts/Pelicans have swapped A. Bradley for G. Vasquez, can't find any verified sources though.
    that would be interesting

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    sources is a faked NO twitter account, people have nothing else better to do? lol

vCash
    If the Celtics traded for Rudy Gay and re-signed him after he expires this team wouldn't make it past the first round for about 8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    at the end of the day, it's a business. Simple as that.

being sentimental is weakness in business. fact

Yeah, riiiiiiiight. Okay. Gotcha.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Now that Rondo is out, we can just forget about it. I love Pierce and I love KG, but without help, we're not going anywhere. The victory over Miami was nice, but let's not make that more than what it was.

This year wasn't working out, and with KG and Pierce a year older next season, I think moves need to be made. No matter how much it hurts.

Trade KG to his fierce buddy Kobe (KG, Barbosa, Melo and Johan Petro to LAL, Dwight to Atlanta, Josh Smith to Bos)

Trade Pierce and Wilcox and whatever spare parts we have to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan and Caron Butler.

My preference has always been to have them retire as Celtics, but this is the time to push the reset button.

"My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at http://www.randomandsome.com/ -- go check it out. Buckets!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    It's a business, but Paul Pierce deserves more respect than that ^^^.

Seriously.

Life-long Celtic. One of the greats. And you would send him to Toronto to finish his career?

smh
    as a raptors fan i completely agree, you dont disrespect a player like that, especially since he was the only good thing going for this team not to long ago, let him finish his carreer in green and white, plus toronto doesnt want an aging vet, for a point guard in his prime.

also bass would have no place on this team, so i cant see either of those trades happening
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    Josh Smith, DeAndre and Caron would be a nice haul for KG and Pierce

"My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at http://www.randomandsome.com/ -- go check it out. Buckets!"

vCash
    Dallas' D-League team trying to sign AI.

Might as well sign him to rotate at the point lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramantula View Post
    as a raptors fan i completely agree, you dont disrespect a player like that, especially since he was the only good thing going for this team not to long ago, let him finish his carreer in green and white, plus toronto doesnt want an aging vet, for a point guard in his prime.

also bass would have no place on this team, so i cant see either of those trades happening

Wouldn't it show more respect if the Celtics trade him to a contending team because they know they're not going to win so they would want Pierce to win?

vCash
    this team should right away look to deal KG and paul for young players to build around and get prepared for the draft. they were on the brink of needing to do this before rondo went down.

assuming rondo can come back to full strength, it might be a blessing in disguise, they were in a ugly position being caught in the middle of competing for a title and focus on a rebuild, this injury jump-starts the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Wouldn't it show more respect if the Celtics trade him to a contending team because they know they're not going to win so they would want Pierce to win?

vCash
    It doesn't matter where players get traded.

You trade players to get yourself the best return.

It's a business.

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast