Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd like to use this opportunity to move: Pierce, Bass, Terry - probably 3 ways.

Along with using a pick or two and taking back bad money contracts (ending this year or next) we could end with a Jefferson and a Bledsoe. I do not believe that sort of team is going deep in the playoffs, it's for the future, and with Bledsoe in hand, trading Rondo once he proves to be healthy becomes possible.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Sorry about Rondo guys, i'm not sure if its even possible..but if the Grizz wanted to move Rudy G for Pierce, as Fans would you accept it? Rudy isnt anything close to Pierce at this point except 9 years younger.

edit: Salaries work out

Can't get rid of him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jroz View Post
    Sorry about Rondo guys, i'm not sure if its even possible..but if the Grizz wanted to move Rudy G for Pierce, as Fans would you accept it? Rudy isnt anything close to Pierce at this point except 9 years younger.

edit: Salaries work out
    I am in the minority here, but I love Rudy Gay's game. I'm a HUGE Pierce fan, but I'd move him to Memphis to get a building block like Rudy Gay to pair with Sully, Bradley, Rondo, Lee, Green and Melo going forward. Maybe send Kevin Garnett out now too while he has value.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    I am in the minority here, but I love Rudy Gay's game. I'm a HUGE Pierce fan, but I'd move him to Memphis to get a building block like Rudy Gay to pair with Sully, Bradley, Rondo, Lee, Green and Melo going forward. Maybe send Kevin Garnett out now too while he has value.
    I wouldn't trade pierce straight up for gay, and definitely not with Garnett. If the celtics do blow it up I wouldn't want Rudy gay, he's inefficient and despite being younger he is still what, 27? If I were the celtics I would trade pierce, terry, bass, Garnett, green, and Rondo when he's healthy for as many 24-and-under players and 1st rounders as you can get to pair with Bradley and sullinger going forward

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCpatsox18 View Post
    I wouldn't trade pierce straight up for gay, and definitely not with Garnett. If the celtics do blow it up I wouldn't want Rudy gay, he's inefficient and despite being younger he is still what, 27? If I were the celtics I would trade pierce, terry, bass, Garnett, green, and Rondo when he's healthy for as many 24-and-under players and 1st rounders as you can get to pair with Bradley and sullinger going forward
    Yeah I hear ya, I go back and forth with Rudy Gay. Im not huge on him, shrinks in spots, jumper is meh..., doesn't play hard every night, takes bad shots at times, makes a lot of money (wants large contract).

On the other side, you pair him with Rondo at PG and J. Green on the wing. That's tough match up for any team, the fastbreaks would be unreal.

Having said that, I just don't know if he's worth the money....

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCpatsox18 View Post
    not KG and Pierce in the same deal. Garnett dealt to a contender for another shot at a title.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    Yeah I hear ya, I go back and forth with Rudy Gay. Im not huge on him, shrinks in spots, jumper is meh..., doesn't play hard every night, takes bad shots at times, makes a lot of money (wants large contract).

On the other side, you pair him with Rondo at PG and J. Green on the wing. That's tough match up for any team, the fastbreaks would be unreal.

Having said that, I just don't know if he's worth the money....
    I didnt realize Rudy was getting paid 16+ mill, and i think 18 and up next year...think he's a poor mans version of a Danny Granger i donno...was just curious what you guys thought..Boston usually figures out the right way to deal with these things..will be interesting to see what happens come February deadline

Re: KG..although he's getting old he really has a ton of value at this point...I can see a ton of contenders being interested in this guy...would Deandre Jordan and Bledsoe do the trick for you guys?

Can't get rid of him...

vCash
    Kyle Lowry is seriously the best option at point

vCash
    http://bostonherald.com/sports/celti..._replace_rondo

DAnny: "Right now I'm looking to give the guys we have a chance to play," he said. "Then we'll see what happens in the next few weeks."

Certainly the sensible approach.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    4 team Blockbuster - Rosters after trade -

Celtics
    Rondo / Bayless / Tucker
    Bradley / Reddick
    Gay / Dudley
    Sullinger / McRoberts
    Gortat / Frye / Melo

Grizzlies
    Conley / Wroten / Telfair
    Allen / Lee
    Pierce / Beasley / Pondexter
    Randolph / Leuer
    Gasol / Wilcox / Hadaddi

Suns
    Dragic / Marshall / Garrett
    Brown / Terry / Barbosa
    Johnson / Morris
    Scola / Bass / Zeller
    Garnett / O'Neil / Collins

Magic
    Nelson / Smith
    Afflolo / Moore
    Green / Turkoglu / Harkless
    Davis / Arthur / Ayon
    Harrington / Vucevic / Nicholson

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

vCash
    we wont be able to trade for a starter without giving up other important pieces, so if we still want to play for the playoffs we should just stand pat and sign a dleague guy for guard depth...

vCash
    If you guys want Lowry you might have to give up Bradley or Jeff Green, just saying
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    rudy gay gets paid like a superstar but shoots worse than rondo

no thanks

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    4 team Blockbuster - Rosters after trade -

Celtics
    Rondo / Bayless / Tucker
    Bradley / Reddick
    Gay / Dudley
    Sullinger / McRoberts
    Gortat / Frye / Melo

Grizzlies
    Conley / Wroten / Telfair
    Allen / Lee
    Pierce / Beasley / Pondexter
    Randolph / Leuer
    Gasol / Wilcox / Hadaddi

Suns
    Dragic / Marshall / Garrett
    Brown / Terry / Barbosa
    Johnson / Morris
    Scola / Bass / Zeller
    Garnett / O'Neil / Collins

Magic
    Nelson / Smith
    Afflolo / Moore
    Green / Turkoglu / Harkless
    Davis / Arthur / Ayon
    Harrington / Vucevic / Nicholson
    No way Garnett goes to Phoenix.

vCash
    good article from grantland on where the celtics go from here - http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...celtics-do-now

two trades that they proposed:

Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon for Pierce and Bass
    Kyle Lowry, Bargnani, and cap filler (likely Aaron Gray, who is tall) for Pierce and Bass

I would jump for #2 in a heartbeat

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast