Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

When KG went down with an injury in 08-09

we were 20-8 in the regular season. in the playoffs we won 1 series against the Bulls behind Rondo's classic performance against the Bulls and lost in 7 against the magic the next round. That doesn't mean we're better without him. We can win regular season games now but we won't make it anywhere in the playoffs without Rondo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    Yeah, agreed. We'll probably get the 6th or 7th seed cause this team has too much heart, but we can't beat Miami or Chicago and probably not even the NYK.

vCash
    KG was much more important to the team defense in 08 than Rondo is now.

vCash
    ^ Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Hell, KG is still definitely more important to team defense than Rondo.

vCash
    doesn't change the fact we'll struggle against elite teams in the playoffs without Rondo
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    I hope we get the heat in the first round and lose a respectful 4-2 or 4-3, I think thats the best case scenario

vCash
    x2

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustlenomics View Post
    doesn't change the fact we'll struggle against elite teams in the playoffs without Rondo
    And you're basing this on what?

Our team defense is better without Rondo.

Our team offense is better without Rondo.

One NBA scout told Marc Stein the following:
    “Rondo can change the game when he’s engaged, but … let’s just say he’s always very aware of his stats. And it’s very evident from where I sit that he’s playing for steals and assists sometimes instead of making the winning play or the easier play or defending his guy like he should.”
    Rondo isn't a leader, and his individual production means nothing. We were the 23rd offense in the NBA with him running the point. Without him, we're much more efficient on both sides of the ball.

Either way, we're not getting by Miami, but losing Rondo didn't kill the season. We're playing much better right now that we have at any point this season WITH Rondo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    I hope we get the heat in the first round and lose a respectful 4-2 or 4-3, I think thats the best case scenario
    that would be nice but without rondo its over in 5 games. with him its going 7 games and could be a tossup

vCash
    And you're basing this on what?

Our team defense is better without Rondo.

Our team offense is better without Rondo.

One NBA scout told Marc Stein the following:

Rondo isn't a leader, and his individual production means nothing. We were the 23rd offense in the NBA with him running the point. Without him, we're much more efficient on both sides of the ball.

Either way, we're not getting by Miami, but losing Rondo didn't kill the season. We're playing much better right now that we have at any point this season WITH Rondo.
    Bold stuff.

I'm glad the forum is starting to see economic arguments underpinning the team, but, sadly many are using that to turtle away the questions of turning over the roster and moving on to the future.

Dealing the erratic but much beloved Rondo could be a key piece of that. Rondo is icing for the cake perhaps, but he's not the core, and trying to build around him is doomed to failure as a team in search of a Championship.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I don't get this. So comparing the KG of 4yrs ago to the KG now and/or not having Rondo now is the same as not having KG then? KG was faaaarrrr more important to the team then (and still is) than Rondo then or now. Rondo is a great player, but if Boston has KG that season, likely Boston goes to the Finals again and maybe another chip. With or without Rondo this season, Boston likely one and done, maybe to the 2nd round

vCash
    Someone said in an interview the past few days, I believe it was either Terry or Lee, that teams now do not know what to expect of us on offense, as our plays will be different up the court every time. Before, they pretty much knew Rondo was taking it up, curling around to one side, and looking to start the offense in a similar fashion each offensive set. Now, the other team's defense is unsure about who's going to be getting the ball and how the sets are going to develop. It makes us harder to defend now.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    I don't get this. So comparing the KG of 4yrs ago to the KG now and/or not having Rondo now is the same as not having KG then? KG was faaaarrrr more important to the team then (and still is) than Rondo then or now. Rondo is a great player, but if Boston has KG that season, likely Boston goes to the Finals again and maybe another chip. With or without Rondo this season, Boston likely one and done, maybe to the 2nd round
    Well said^^Agreed

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    "Rondo can change the game when he’s engaged, but … let’s just say he’s always very aware of his stats. And it’s very evident from where I sit that he’s playing for steals and assists sometimes instead of making the winning play or the easier play or defending his guy like he should.”
    Partial BS right here. While I agree, Rondo sometimes definitely looks like he's making an effort to change his play just to get another assist, I've never seen him altering the game just to put another steal in his stat column. Stein is waaaaay off the mark with that remark.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast