Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGIII hurt?

vCash

RGIII hurt?

hate to say it but I think he may have overplayed this year. He's hurt REALLY bad right now and I wonder if he'll ever be the same? Thoughts?
    JORDY NELSON #87
    Brewers
    Packers Badgers

Brewermobile

NFL=Passion and intensity
    MLB=History and finesse
    NBA=All about lookin' pretty
    NHL=Money's more important than teeth

vCash
    They should have put Cousins in after he hurt his knee the first time. RGIII is walking around right now so i think he just re-sprained it. I love RGIII but i don't see him having a long healthy career

vCash
    from what i read, the coach maybe should have listened to the Dr Andrews....

vCash
    Yeah I have to put it on Shanahan that is where the coach needed to step in and say your hurt you sit we put in Cousins
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    The crazy thing was that they were still calling QB runs with him in there. Pretty desperate if you ask me.

vCash
    wait y is this in the gb forum?

griffin never fully healed tho it seems pretty obvious. he shouldnt have kept playing or running. and why the **** is he still not sliding on runs??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    wait y is this in the gb forum?

griffin never fully healed tho it seems pretty obvious. he shouldnt have kept playing or running. and why the **** is he still not sliding on runs??
    Just something to talk about i guess. Could have been put in the boredom thread but *** it.

Griffin has to much pride to slide which is why i don't see him lasting long in the NFL unfortunately. IDK how much more that knee is going to be able to take if he keeps hurting it

vCash
    I was so upset watching that game. As soon as he finished that drive where he got hurt, they should have put Cousins in. Kirk Cousins is like Matt Flynn was in Green Bay, and he can perform as good or better when the starter goes down, and I think the Redskins would have won the game if Cousins had finished it from that point. The Redskins did absolutely nothing on offense the rest of the game, and that was three quarters. I'm really mad about that game, and I have to take a little of my anger out on RG3. Say what you want about Cutler leaving in the NFC Championship game, but if you're hurt to a point where it has an impact on your game to such an extent that your backup gives your team a better chance at winning, you freaking take yourself out.

I would have been 4-4 with my picks if RG3 would have let Cousins finish. I'm 80% sure of it.

vCash
    I'm sure RGIII wasn't trying to miss his 1st playoff, probably wasn't telling Drs/coaches/gm etc 100% truth. I mean I guess I sort of agree, after he came up limping running to sideline in 1st half, maybe they should have pulled him......... but isnt that something we down Jay Claus about, I mean seriously.

I want a QB like that! A guy that's gonna give it his all, even when not 100%........ Heck prob not even 50%! May sound stupid, may be risking his future but you never know what's gonna happen. If you really feel he gives you the best chance to win, which they must have felt that way, I guess it makes sense.
    ADOPT A PACKER: WR#83 Jeff Janis

vCash
    Thank goodness we don't rely on the read option...

REC:

TDs:

vCash
    [QUOTE=MFNkingAC;24997839]I'm sure RGIII wasn't trying to miss his 1st playoff, probably wasn't telling Drs/coaches/gm etc 100% truth. I mean I guess I sort of agree, after he came up limping running to sideline in 1st half, maybe they should have pulled him......... but isnt that something we down Jay Claus about, I mean seriously.

I want a QB like that! A guy that's gonna give it his all, even when not 100%........ Heck prob not even 50%! May sound stupid, may be risking his future but you never know what's gonna happen. If you really feel he gives you the best chance to win, which they must have felt that way, I guess it makes sense.[/QUOTE]

this is the nfl, if ur not 100% ur hurting team. u cant be a hero in times like that

vCash
    Ughh to be fair, no players are 100% at this point in the season. Honestly I wasn't paying much attention, especially after Seatlle took 10 or lead, but the little I seen if I had choice to start RGIII or a backup QB that hasn't had much practice leading up to game, I'd start RGIII too! And I'm sure RGIII said he was good to go, if they were really concerned Rex Grossman would have been wearing pads right?
    ADOPT A PACKER: WR#83 Jeff Janis

vCash
    To the people saying they admire him going back in and playing:

There's a difference between being tough and coming back in when it doesn't have an impact on your play, and there is a difference in playing through it when you have a good backup or a bad one. And there is a difference in what point of the game it becomes an issue.

RG3 should have gone out in the FIRST QUARTER. His team was in the lead, and all they needed at that point was a game manager to take time off the clock and win the field position battle with maybe a couple more field goal scores. RG3's injury led directly to a fumble (he had plenty of time to get it if not for the impact of his injury).

I would compare what RG3 did to what Favre did when he played for the Jets. The Jets were something like 8-3 when Favre tore his biceps tendon. He should have rested it and gotten healthy when his team was in prime position to get at least a wild card, in which the Jets seriously could have contended for a Super Bowl spot. Instead, Favre kept playing and his performance dropped SIGNIFICANTLY. The Jets missed the playoffs after only needing something like two more wins.

RG3 hurt his team. If it was between him and Rex Grossman, what he did was a good thing. But it was between him and Kirk Cousins, a player who had already won a game for the Redskins during the regular season and brought the Redskins back from behind in a previous game in which RG3 was injured.

Certainly, Griffin's heart is in the right place. I love the kid's character and determination. I just wish his head was in the right place and that he had used his mind instead of his heart in order to do the right thing for his team.

vCash
    I'm sorry but if I was the GM of that team Mike Shanahan would not have a job. This solely falls onto his shoulders as HE should have been the one to pull him.

I really think Shanahan wants another ring so bad he's willing to do **** like this.

Listen, I have no NFL evaluation experience and when I am watching the game looking at RG3 and saying "****, this is bad, he should not be i the game," then i feel like someone on the medical staff should have been able to do the same.

What you want to throw away your franchise QB's career over a damn playoff game? WHat an idiot.

The only reason I am so adamant about this is because I love watching the guy play, have even mentioned that he would be the only jersey outside of a packers player that I would want.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    cousins would have won. Cousinmania!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast