Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochalman View Post
    Brock beats Rock and WM and Ziggler cashes in Money in the Bank and beats Brock to end WM.
    Wrong briefcase.

vCash
    i agree with the sentiment that Brock vs. Rock trumps the combo HHH vs. Brock & Cena vs. Rock redux - as long as it's not for the title. That would be ridiculous. Lesnar can cost Rock @ RR keeping the title on Punk and setting up title streak (which would be over 500 days by then I believe) vs. Taker's streak.

Not sure what they do with Cena - but they can keep add him to the WHC title mix if they feel they need to. Or have him in a top-tier but not top match.. Orton, Cena, HHH vs. Shield? Seems overkill for those 3 but if they build up the Shield enough could work. Ryback vs. Show for WHC

vCash
    We will see in 5 hours 15 minutes

vCash
    Please no... I'm "okay" with Rock being the main event of WM. He has done everything possible in WWE and never bad mouthed it or didn't leave on a horrible note. Brock is a piece of **** country redneck prick.... All he cares about is money. Just wondering if Vince every thought the talent just doesn't try or give it its all because they know no matter what guys like Rock/HHH/Brock/Taker/HBK/Scsa/Nash could all come back whenever they wanted and take their spots regardless...
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    It was a part of being at the right place at the right time for guys like Rock, Trips, Austin, Brock, etc.

They came when the product was hot, when guys had more leverage to do outside projects (Rock would likely never be allowed to do outside projects if he was full-time today) and more freedom to create characters and promos.

This is why today's guys suffer cause of it. This is why Punk is seen as so good cause he has the freedom to say what he wants and not necessarily have a script word-for-word like other guys -- I think many guys like Ziggler and Bryan could be so much better on the stick if given the ability to do their own promos (within a guideline) and be bigger stars.

Its the double standard that exists today and honestly this is why wrestling is dying a slow death...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    It was a part of being at the right place at the right time for guys like Rock, Trips, Austin, Brock, etc.

They came when the product was hot, when guys had more leverage to do outside projects (Rock would likely never be allowed to do outside projects if he was full-time today) and more freedom to create characters and promos.

This is why today's guys suffer cause of it. This is why Punk is seen as so good cause he has the freedom to say what he wants and not necessarily have a script word-for-word like other guys -- I think many guys like Ziggler and Bryan could be so much better on the stick if given the ability to do their own promos (within a guideline) and be bigger stars.

Its the double standard that exists today and honestly this is why wrestling is dying a slow death...

I disagree wrestling is dying because the audience they target is limited. They target kids and for 8 months of the year put out a product only young kids will enjoy much. They have oversaturerated the market with to many shows and things like that. They need to do at most 4 shows a week with only two televised, and they need to put out a product for more markets.
    I wouldn't be hard to put on a show males 18-24 would watch weekly as well as kids 5-17. It's just being ran in a bad way by a man who needs to retire and hand the reigns over to someone in this generation.

vCash

In fairness, they also came up when their company was struggling to stay in business vs wcw. They had much more pressure on them to perform, while a lot of the current guys, feel safe and secure imo. You are starting to see guys come up from NXT and have more of a impact in a few months than many of the current mid carders have had in years.

Just look at Austin and Rock, both were at points in thei careers where they were at "dead ends" according to Foley and Rock at one point was close to being released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I actually think the wrestlers today are better but the WWE does not know how to monetize them. Ryback is the closest thing right now to being a hot commodity -- he sucks but they pushed him hard and put him over some big stars early and the crowd has slowly been behind him.

They dropped the ball on Daniel Bryan after Mania, they should have turned him face and run with the "yes" gimmick, I could only imagine how big he could have been by now. Not complaining about his current gimmick but they had a chance. Jeff Hardy was another guy they just took forever and finally pulled the trigger and luckily for them Hardy was still able to be the #2 guy behind Cena.

But you can't complain that guys like Austin and Rock got over by being edgier. Would Austin have been as popular if he didnt drink beer, give the middle finger and talking about whippin' "***"? Or Rock and poon tang pie? Trips drugging Steph in the biggest angle of 2000 with the wedding?

Stuff that got guys over cant be done today. Surely kids are cool to target but how many 8 year olds are allowed to stay up past 9 or 10pm on a weekday? They are targeting kids yet many of them are asleep (hence why I think there is always a drop off now between 10 to 11pm when probably a large number of kids are going to bed). Thats why you have Saturday Morning Slam for. If the product was edgier and "cool" enough for kids, even the 8 year olds know how to sneak and watch the shows past bedtime...

Anyways not going to get into a debate about yesterday vs. today but Vince thinks its all the guys fault today who cant get over yet they have no opportunity to let their true persona let out. They let Zack Ryder run with his created gimmick and he was super over until they deflated that bubble with the Kane/Eve angle. Guys can do it, Vince just has to let these guys do their thing. If Rock had to do everything Vince Russo said, he would not be nearly the superstar he turned out to be -- it was because of his created catchphases he was allowed to use that got him over.

I always say -- the best person who knows you is you yourself. WWE didnt listen to their audience for years even though they were behind a guy they refused to push them and then a guy they hated they still kept pushing and its lead to today where ratings go down and down every year cause people are sick of the stop-and-start pushes and no one believes anyone can get over....

vCash
    Wrestling is already a risk for him as he could get hurt or mess up that Movie star face, I think putting him in against a lunatic would be idiotic and i don't think Rock's camp would allow it. Him against guys like Cena/Punk guys who are pure pro's and are there and know what they are doing makes more sense. It will either be Rock/Cena 2 or Rock/Punk 2 at mania. Unless Ryback gets involved somehow?

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Brock isn't a lunatic. He's a decent worker for a guy his size. He knows what he is doing in the ring. Never heard about anyone being injured seriously in one of his matches except for himself when he nearly broke his neck trying to execute that Shooting Star Press at WM XIX

vCash
    Die Rocky Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Brock isn't a lunatic. He's a decent worker for a guy his size. He knows what he is doing in the ring. Never heard about anyone being injured seriously in one of his matches except for himself when he nearly broke his neck trying to execute that Shooting Star Press at WM XIX
    This. I have no idea why people are thinking he'd work stiff on purpose or hurt someone.

vCash
    I actually think the wrestlers today are better but the WWE does not know how to monetize them. Ryback is the closest thing right now to being a hot commodity -- he sucks but they pushed him hard and put him over some big stars early and the crowd has slowly been behind him.

They dropped the ball on Daniel Bryan after Mania, they should have turned him face and run with the "yes" gimmick, I could only imagine how big he could have been by now. Not complaining about his current gimmick but they had a chance. Jeff Hardy was another guy they just took forever and finally pulled the trigger and luckily for them Hardy was still able to be the #2 guy behind Cena.

But you can't complain that guys like Austin and Rock got over by being edgier. Would Austin have been as popular if he didnt drink beer, give the middle finger and talking about whippin' "***"? Or Rock and poon tang pie? Trips drugging Steph in the biggest angle of 2000 with the wedding?

Stuff that got guys over cant be done today. Surely kids are cool to target but how many 8 year olds are allowed to stay up past 9 or 10pm on a weekday? They are targeting kids yet many of them are asleep (hence why I think there is always a drop off now between 10 to 11pm when probably a large number of kids are going to bed). Thats why you have Saturday Morning Slam for. If the product was edgier and "cool" enough for kids, even the 8 year olds know how to sneak and watch the shows past bedtime...

Anyways not going to get into a debate about yesterday vs. today but Vince thinks its all the guys fault today who cant get over yet they have no opportunity to let their true persona let out. They let Zack Ryder run with his created gimmick and he was super over until they deflated that bubble with the Kane/Eve angle. Guys can do it, Vince just has to let these guys do their thing. If Rock had to do everything Vince Russo said, he would not be nearly the superstar he turned out to be -- it was because of his created catchphases he was allowed to use that got him over.

I always say -- the best person who knows you is you yourself. WWE didnt listen to their audience for years even though they were behind a guy they refused to push them and then a guy they hated they still kept pushing and its lead to today where ratings go down and down every year cause people are sick of the stop-and-start pushes and no one believes anyone can get over....
    Amazing post man. You can't be more spot on than this.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Didn't trips and Cena both say that Bore lesnare worked very stiff their matches?
    My PWW checklist

Wrigs - Check
    HTown - Check
    Riv - Check
    Jrm - Check
    Saddler - Check
    Rob - Check
    Sep - Check
    Swede - Let's just put a Check
    Dmac - It will be a Season of Beatings
    Mitb - Check
    Prestige Champion - Check
    World Champion - Check
    Creater of the First and most dominate Stable in PWW history
    The First Famly - Check

vCash
    Brock should be working stiff. Adds to his "badassness"

Plays up to his MMA background. I like Lesnar's physical style. Plus, HHH and Cena and Rock can handle stiff shots. Its a PPV match. Should be physical

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast