Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is this year championship or bust?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 55.88%
  • No

15 44.12%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Camby actually has a 3 year deal he's going no place

KT leaving, so what? we will get better and he won't dress soon?

We win or come close Sheed's relationship with Woody I see another run with this team, the way he speaks about the players and talent I think he'll have another season in him.

Every year Kidd is a year older and every year, he may not have the STATS but he makes his team better. This yr, Dirk just said a day ago, we are missing Kidd more than anything with just his presence alone.

So next yr we will be told once again Kidd is too old and I'll say thank you, here comes Kidd being Kidd.

We have the over 5 mil MLE to retool the front court if needed and the draft to get a young pg to learn from Kidd and back up Ray.

Iman will only be better at the SG.

And someone said how do we sign JR? By the Cap rules he will earn 5.1 MIL by turning down his players option and signing with the Knicks for the 104% over the MLE which was just over 5 MIL.
    I highly doubt Camby is going to finish all 3 seasons here, I see this and maybe next year as his last years of service.

This may be a 3 year window but I think the general opinion is for an experienced team this season is our best chance to win a ring this season as opposed to the next 2 years.

Weren't we going into this season excited about STAT and company having a full camp and then he misses the first 30 games? That type of bad luck is bound to happen more than once for an older club like us. So I can't just assume we will repeat our success next season without any major setbacks.

We may get better health wise but I think this season is our only chance to really win a title for the next 3 years, especially since the East is so vulerable with a lazy HEAT team, Bulls without Rose, and the Celtics/Pacers/Sixers all dealing with huge problems.

vCash
    Kash Ray is going to miss over 5 weeks it appears, thats a long time not to have a player so yea a full season with Ray makes us that much better.

One would think being Knick fans next year would not be a problem? Why if anyone leaves do you feel VET min guys won't come here?

Havent we've done well in that area under this mgt?

Lets see, Last yr we signed Novak, Lin, and JR

This yr we signed Kidd, Novak, JR, Sheed, Cope, White, Brewer, and traded for Camby, Felton, and KT.

This is now a contending team so not only will we get a very good MLE player who just may take a bit less to play for a contender we will also get the VET min guys who want to win to end their careers.

This is a great core to want to play with, NY is a great place to play, I have not one single worry about our team next yr.

And I have no idea if a trade even pops up, you just don't know, Hmmmm Melo? Who would have thought?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Kash Ray is going to miss over 5 weeks it appears, thats a long time not to have a player so yea a full season with Ray makes us that much better.

One would think being Knick fans next year would not be a problem? Why if anyone leaves do you feel VET min guys won't come here?

Havent we've done well in that area under this mgt?

Lets see, Last yr we signed Novak, Lin, and JR

This yr we signed Kidd, Novak, JR, Sheed, Cope, White, Brewer, and traded for Camby, Felton, and KT.

This is now a contending team so not only will we get a very good MLE player who just may take a bit less to play for a contender we will also get the VET min guys who want to win to end their careers.

This is a great core to want to play with, NY is a great place to play, I have not one single worry about our team next yr.

And I have no idea if a trade even pops up, you just don't know, Hmmmm Melo? Who would have thought?
    I get what your saying, but thats a lot of uncertainty. As of right now, who are these vet min guys we are looking at for next year? How can you guarantee me no crucial injuries to our older players or even to ray ray and Amar'e?

I still think using ray ray in your argument is petit. He's left his mark on our season despite getting injured. He will be back before we know it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    I highly doubt Camby is going to finish all 3 seasons here, I see this and maybe next year as his last years of service.

This may be a 3 year window but I think the general opinion is for an experienced team this season is our best chance to win a ring this season as opposed to the next 2 years.

Weren't we going into this season excited about STAT and company having a full camp and then he misses the first 30 games? That type of bad luck is bound to happen more than once for an older club like us.

We may get better health wise but I think this is our only chance to really win a title.
    our injuries have nothing to do with age, its luck?

So is Iman old? Is Felton old? For that matter is a 29 year old Amare old?

KT and Kidd have been on the court for the most part with Kidd missing just a game.

Camby was out and Sheed but age?

Look around the NBA this year, is Rose, Walls and others old?

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    The knicks are too old THIS SEASON much less in future seasons, and they rely far too heavily on the 3 ball. That, and Amare's defense is damn near the worst in the league.

I predicted before the season started that Carmela would go ballistic at some point in the season and start pointing fingers, leading to a knicks tailspin. Today may have been that day.

vCash
    our injuries have nothing to do with age, its luck?

So is Iman old? Is Felton old? For that matter is a 29 year old Amare old?

KT and Kidd have been on the court for the most part with Kidd missing just a game.

Camby was out and Sheed but age?

Look around the NBA this year, is Rose, Walls and others old?
    The knicks are the oldest team in nba history. Other than that, your post is completely incomprehensible. It's one loss, calm down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    The knicks are the oldest team in nba history. Other than that, your post is completely incomprehensible. It's one loss, calm down.
    Knicks aren't the oldest team in the league, let alone NBA history, unless your stupid enough to think a 40 year old who plays 0 minutes should be accounted for equally to a 27 year old who plays 35. If thats the case, your a freakin' moron.

But we already knew that.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Knicks aren't the oldest team in the league, let alone NBA history, unless your stupid enough to think a 40 year old who plays 0 minutes should be accounted for equally to a 27 year old who plays 35. If thats the case, your a freakin' moron.

But we already knew that.
    Are you ********? The YOUNGEST active player on the knicks roster is 27!!!!

The average age of this team is 33.

If you can't figure out that this is the oldest team in nba history, you're a moron. Then again, you're the one who invited me to the knicks forum.

vCash
    Are you ********? The YOUNGEST active player on the knicks roster is 27!!!!

The average age of this team is 33.

If you can't figure out that this is the oldest team in nba history, you're a moron. Then again, you're the one who invited me to the knicks forum.
    So you don't think the average age of the team should be waited for minutes played?

A guy who plays 0 minutes and a guy who plays 35 should be considered equals?

Real logical brah.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    So you don't think the average age of the team should be waited for minutes played?

A guy who plays 0 minutes and a guy who plays 35 should be considered equals?

Real logical brah.
    Nah brah, the average age should never be waited upon. Dat would just make da knicks even older braaaaaah.

vCash
    Nah brah, the average age should never be waited upon. Dat would just make da knicks even older braaaaaah.
    When backed into a corner, play grammar police. Way to go bud.

So how about addressing the question instead of my typo?

vCash
    When backed into a corner, play grammar police. Way to go bud.

So how about addressing the question instead of my typo?
    Let's just do this: let's wait it according to minutes played, points scored, or we can just say f--- it, their average age is whatever you you want it to be.

vCash
    Let's just do this: let's wait it according to minutes played, points scored, or we can just say f--- it, their average age is whatever you you want it to be.
    What do you you want it to be?

Stutter much?

I I want it to be weighted for age, since that actually makes sense. You you can choose to be a moron if you want.

vCash
    Gotta love grammar police.

vCash
    Lighten up braaaaaaah! It's just a game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast