Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is this year championship or bust?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 55.88%
  • No

15 44.12%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Championship or bust. I don't think we get better next year.
    I agree, how can we retain Smith?

Unless Shump turns into a borderline all star I don't see us getting better. Not to mention that we are so dependent on one player, what if he gets injured or decides not to bring it like he is doing this year?

I don't know what Melo is doing differently. Maybe I am right and its the supporting cast fitting him, maybe others are right and he has just improved his game but it doesn't look like it to me.

Whatever it is, this team works extremely well. I don't have a lot of confidence in it working as good next year.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    A legit 2nd star, the Knicks don't have that right now.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I believe that if we build on this team we'll have a contender for the next 6-7 years and could win a couple as well. Don't think this is the year though. My hope was to reach the ECF when the season began.
    If we win a playoff series I'll be satisfied.
    If we win 2 playoff series I'll be very happy.
    If we win the ECF I'll be thrilled.
    If we win the NBA championship I'll do whatever you want me to.
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koobs View Post
    What should be taught at Trolling 101: Trying to disparage any team by saying best case is they become the San Antonio Spurs...not exactly the best way to get your troll on.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Amare. Chandler, Smith???
    Did I miss the part where Amare has played like a second option?

As good as Smith has been, hes not a top notch second option. He is basically the Jason Terry for this team though. Bench scorer who needs to be the second option offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    A legit 2nd star, the Knicks don't have that right now.
    We do have some amazing role players like Chandler and Kidd. We have nothing close to a second star like a Wade/Bosh or Westbrook/Ibaka or Griffen or D12/Gasol/Nash.... IMO Melo should get the MVP because clearly our team would suffer the most without their top guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Of course we don't get better next year, not enough Jackie Chan on the Roster.

Seriously though, the Knicks should be in the convo for the best in the east for the next 5 seasons. We still have to see where we go with Amare and where JR/Shumps will improve.

Racist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    I agree, how can we retain Smith?

Unless Shump turns into a borderline all star I don't see us getting better. Not to mention that we are so dependent on one player, what if he gets injured or decides not to bring it like he is doing this year?

I don't know what Melo is doing differently. Maybe I am right and its the supporting cast fitting him, maybe others are right and he has just improved his game but it doesn't look like it to me.

Whatever it is, this team works extremely well. I don't have a lot of confidence in it working as good next year.

Its probably a bit of both. He's become an incredible long range shooter and thats where the added efficiency comes from. I haven't looked at the numbers recently, but a few weeks ago his long 2s were down substantially in comparison to previous years. I alway said shot selection was what separated 'Melo from elite scorers and in my opinion he closed that gap so far this season.

I realize his distribution numbers are down but his passes seem less forced than before imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Best case scenario for the knicks is that they become the east coast equivalent of the spurs: a team with veteran talent that puts up gaudy regular season win totals, but can't quite get over the hump in the playoffs, getting outrun and outgunned by younger, more athletic teams (of course every team in nba history has been younger than the knicks so my prediction is already half correct by definition).

It's just unbelievable how few wins this team has produced given the amount of money committed to carmela and amare.
    It's unbelievable how horrible this post is. Your attempt to bash the squad and compare us to the Spurs.. Nice job Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    We do have some amazing role players like Chandler and Kidd. We have nothing close to a second star like a Wade/Bosh or Westbrook/Ibaka or Griffen or D12/Gasol/Nash.... IMO Melo should get the MVP because clearly our team would suffer the most without their top guy

Agreed.

Which is also why I don't understand we can't get better next year. It's not like are operating at 100 percent this season. I see much room for growth.

vCash
    Yes, you don't go out and bring in 5 30+ yr old players talking about you playing for the future...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Racist
    It's pronounced Realist.

Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are

vCash
    You can't change your expectations/predictions mid-season just because we are doing better than you thought.

NOBODY predicted we would win a championship this year! Maybe a couple of people openly said that's what their hoping for but I saw no predictions nor guarantees.

So now more than half the people responding think its Chip or Bust!!!??? Right.

THIS IS A NEW DEFINITION FOR FAIR WEATHER FAN. We may even need a new expression for it.

Most people including myself said we'd be happy with a second round entrance this year and I am gonna stick to that. If we go further then all the better.

BTW, Amare, Shump, JR and even Felton still have potential to be better next year. We'll have a 1st round pick this year and a bunch of expiring contracts in 2 years. We may actually be at our peak in 2 seasons!
    Last edited by oballers; 01-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    You can't change your expectations/predictions mid-season just because we are doing better than you thought.

NOBODY predicted we would win a championship this year! Maybe a couple of people openly said that's what their hoping for but I saw no predictions nor guarantees.

So now more than half the people responding think its Chip or Bust!!!??? Right.

THIS IS A NEW DEFINITION FOR FAIR WEATHER FAN. We may even need a new expression for it.

Most people including myself said we'd be happy with a second round entrance this year and I am gonna stick to that. If we go further then all the better.
    So if we are talented enough to get a No. 1 seed you are content with a 2nd round entrance? No thanks.

vCash
    Your stance makes no sense to me. They have overachieved already.

You didn't believe they were talented enough for a #1 seed before this season started. You thought we'd be worse than last year since we lost Insanity to Houston.

I said they'd be a 3 seed. So if they make 3 seed (which is not in the bag) then I am happy. If we go higher I am ecstatic.

Miami is still the team to beat in this league and it is conceivable that Boston or Chicago can be the best team in the 2nd half.

I am happy we are doing better than you said we would and I will be happy if we finish better than you said we would. But, now you've set the bar to a championship???? WTF?

Do you relish disappointment?

vCash
    let's see...Smith and brewer on 1 yr deals. Pablo coming. Sheed out of retirement. Kidd, Camby, and Thomas won't be better next year.

I'd say this is the year, but if we don't win at least go deep in ECF then its a step in the right direction.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast