Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is this year championship or bust?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 55.88%
  • No

15 44.12%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I say with the current roster setup, we have a 2 year window at max efficiency to win it all. By the 3rd year, it'll be more difficult, since we'd have to find a way to get more talent but still have these super old people on our team (such as camby, kidd).

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Wherever we end up, I feel like this will be our peak season with this group...and we'll have slight drop offs each yr after, unless our front office pulls off more amazing things this offseason..

vCash
    No? THe only players we have who arent under contract next year are Thomas, White, Copeland, Brewer, and Wallace. Smith has a player option. We're losing nothing. If anything we'll get better because we may have a shot at being ****ing healthy (Maybe Melo will not be so banged up, or Amare and Shump will play full seasons, etc).

Absolutely not. IF we dont win the championship this year, we'll be right back in contention with basically the same team the next 2 or 3 at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Best case scenario for the knicks is that they become the east coast equivalent of the spurs: a team with veteran talent that puts up gaudy regular season win totals, but can't quite get over the hump in the playoffs, getting outrun and outgunned by younger, more athletic teams (of course every team in nba history has been younger than the knicks so my prediction is already half correct by definition).

It's just unbelievable how few wins this team has produced given the amount of money committed to carmela and amare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Best case scenario for the knicks is that they become the east coast equivalent of the spurs: a team with veteran talent that puts up gaudy regular season win totals, but can't quite get over the hump in the playoffs, getting outrun and outgunned by younger, more athletic teams (of course every team in nba history has been younger than the knicks so my prediction is already half correct by definition).

It's just unbelievable how few wins this team has produced given the amount of money committed to carmela and amare.
    Wow, you just got back from a ban last month and here you are flapping your lips again. Be gone TROLL!!!!

vCash
    If you read the majority of posters predicitons during the summer on what would be considered a "successful" season for the Knicks for 12-13, the majority said at least a competitive Semifinals appearance where we push the opposing team to 6 or 7 games.

I think up to this point, most would agree that just making the semifinals now would be unacceptable with the amount of talent and depth this team has now. I'd say anything less than an Eastern Conference Finals trip would be a failure. There's no team in the East that scares me, especially if our team is completely healthy come playoff time. In fact there's no team in the league that I don't think we match up well against when we're at full strength, except maybe the Thunder.

vCash

Well "Carmela" is playing like one of the top 3 or 4 players in the league, so his max contract is worth EVERY penny Mr Jam. And you factor in he just entered his prime, and it's a no brainer to me to make a long term commitment on a true superstar.

And do you really want to compare us with the Spurs and say our success will parallel theres of years past? Because if that's the case, you're basically stating we will be perennial contenders for the next decade, winning titles intermittently every couple years or so. I'll take that comparison any day of the week buddy.

Pretty bad comparison to make if you're plan was to make the Knicks seem like perpetual failures. You might've wanted to use the Phoenix Suns team of the mid 2000's as the "model" to compare us to as far as teams that produce in the regular season and not the playoffs.
    Last edited by Dankster; 01-07-2013 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    LOL. Unbelievable how FEW wins this team produced beacuse two guys make max money? How about MIA with 3 guys getting paid near max? OR BKN who have 330M tied up to their starting lineup and are barely in the playoffs? How about Celtics paying a shitload to KG, Pierce and Rondo? Don't even mention the Lakers.

Whats truly amazing is how many wins we have without a legit 2nd star to Melo.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash

You mean a team that won 4 chips in the past 12 years and won 50+ games each and every one of those 12 years?

Thanks for the compliment brah.

BTW, Spurs had no issues disposing of the Clips and their freak athletic lineup in 4 games.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Jam you predicted us to barely crack 45 wins yet its amazing we don't have MORE wins right now when were on pace to nearly hit 60?

vCash
    Championship or bust. I don't think we get better next year.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Of course we don't get better next year, not enough Jackie Chan on the Roster.

Seriously though, the Knicks should be in the convo for the best in the east for the next 5 seasons. We still have to see where we go with Amare and where JR/Shumps will improve.

My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    What should be taught at Trolling 101: Trying to disparage any team by saying best case is they become the San Antonio Spurs...not exactly the best way to get your troll on.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    ECF or Bust for me personally.
    Heat "fans" be like...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    LOL. Unbelievable how FEW wins this team produced beacuse two guys make max money? How about MIA with 3 guys getting paid near max? OR BKN who have 330M tied up to their starting lineup and are barely in the playoffs? How about Celtics paying a shitload to KG, Pierce and Rondo? Don't even mention the Lakers.

Whats truly amazing is how many wins we have without a legit 2nd star to Melo.

Amare. Chandler, Smith???

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast